2009 - Track Your Films

It’s that time of year again where we close down the old thread and start afresh for the New Year. Let’s try to watch more films than we did in 2008 and post our mini-reviews on them. It’s great to know what films people watch and what they think of them, without having to start a new topic for each one.

So come January 1st 2009, let the posting of films with ratings and reviews commence all over again. Let’s have a great year for film!!

yes ify im all for that. i watched a disgraceful amount of films in 2008 but lets up the ante ha.

Looking forward to reading scores and mini reviews from y’all.

7 years in Tibet - 8/10

Inside - 8/10

One of the most fucked up movies I’ve ever seen. I think I need a shower.

the magdalen sisters. 7.5/10 good movie might leave ya a tad angry after though ha

Alexander (theatrical version) 4/10 (the four points are by itself a 4/4 for rosario’s gorgeous boobs)

Apocalypto - 8.5/10

Great film from Gibson. It had a good story to tell, probably a commentary on modern times and the situations that have occured, great acting, lovely landscapes and the violence was nice and gory.

dirty mary crazy larry - 6-7/10. loved this. better then the second half of death proof.

[quote=“Ify”]
Apocalypto - 8.5/10

Great film from Gibson. It had a good story to tell, probably a commentary on modern times and the situations that have occured, great acting, lovely landscapes and the violence was nice and gory.
[/quote]

First time ? I haven’t watched it again since theater, but it was perfect for a big screen, really teasing and exciting.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
First time ? I haven’t watched it again since theater, but it was perfect for a big screen, really teasing and exciting.
[/quote]

Yep, first time. Watched it up-scaled in 5.1 surround.

man on fire 9/10 fucking lurv it

amores perros 8.5/10 another great film

knocked up 7/10 thought it wasnt that good when i saw it in the cinema but it grew on me

once upon a time in mexico 7/10

good film could have had better character development though

Papa got himself a Blu-Ray Player. 8)

2 Re-watches due to Blu-Ray awesomeness:

Starship Troopers (Blu-Ray) 10/10

One of the greatest movies of all time in the best format available. I win.

Speed Racer (Blu-Ray) 8/10

A great ride for big kids like me. Fun fun fun!

Unforgiven 8/10 (crappy DVD)

A really really well made Western that appearently didn’t do as much for me as it did for some others.(#113 on IMdB, hmmm…)

Rocky Horror Picture Show 8/10

Wowee. Finally saw this.

Slumdog Millionaire-SWEEET!/10

If you haven’t seen this one yet. Do yourself a favor & go check it out.

yeah that looks quality!

thriller: a cruel picture 7/10. now thats pure exploitation there. a film that has it all!

In Bruges - 9/10

Don’t know if there’s people here who haven’t seen it yet. Brilliant film, I’m probably gonna watch it again next week, that’s how much I loved it!

American Pie 3 - 5/10

Why did they stop using Offprings/Sum41/Blink182 for this one ? It ruined the American Pie atmosphere :s

Europtrip - 3/10

That film is a disaster, the only funny scene occurs during the first 5 minutes, I should have stopped watching after that.

Rewatched :

American Pie 1 - 8/10

American Pie 2 - 8/10

Great teen movies, never got old

Dodgeball - 7/10

Fun movie

All the teen movies and easy comedies on this list are due to the week of vacations I spent with 4 friends :stuck_out_tongue:

Rewatched:

War of the Worlds - 8.5/10

The Dark Knight - 8.5/10

American Pie 2 - 6.5/10

the wrestler 7/10 isnt as good as everyones making it out to be.

role models 7/10 very funny better then i thought, well i love paul rudd.

my cousin vinny 8/10 one of my favourite comedies

vanishing point 7/10 again better then i thought, ending could have been better though, was a bit abrupt.