Paul - Frost/Pegg - 2011

This is scheduled to start shooting in January 2009. Written by, and starring Nick Frost and Simon Pegg!

Paul is a road trip movie about two British geeks traveling across America for Comic-con.

The director, (I just got the e-mail from Nick today telling me I can actually talk about it now) is going to be Superbad director, Greg Mattola.

I’m looking forward to this as much as I’m looking forward to IB. Well, nearly as much. :wink:

it’s also the reason Pegg’s not in IB

Empire has a story on this

Yeah. :frowning: Can’t have your cake and flush it too, I guess.

That sounds awesome! Frost & Pegg were made for one another. Frost is co-writer of this one with Pegg? Great stuff, can’t wait.

Yes! And in this film, Nick will actually be playing the stronger of the two characters!

I absolutely hated Shaun of the Dead and I never saw Hot Fuzz. Not looking forward to this at all. That’s all I’m gonna say, I don’t wanna be a spoil sport or anything like that. Enjoy your new british comedy stuff. Not for me I guess.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I absolutely hated Shaun of the Dead and I never saw Hot Fuzz. Not looking forward to this at all. That’s all I’m gonna say, I don’t wanna be a spoil sport or anything like that. Enjoy your new british comedy stuff. Not for me I guess.
[/quote]HATE… Shaun? ???

[brain asplodes]

Shaun of The Dead is overrated as fuck. I don’t remember even laughing once. Of course, geeks love it because it gives them the opportunity to boast on how many movie references they caught during the movie.

Shaun of the Dead is ok, what I didn’t like at all was Hot Fuzz, which was overrated as fuck. That was such a big fucking waste of time. I only laughed like once or twice maybe, not even laughed, just chuckled. Not going to watch any more films from Wright and Pegg.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Shaun of The Dead is overrated as fuck. I don’t remember even laughing once. Of course, geeks love it because it gives them the opportunity to boast on how many movie references they caught during the movie.
[/quote]Well, I’m a geek, but I liked it because it was funny as all get out - but that’s just me :wink: And Hot Fuzz, it actually took me watching it a couple of times to really appreciate it. Now I watch it every time it comes on one of the movie channels no matter what else is on. They are films comprised of a broad variety of comedic styles, from over the top slapstick to dialogue driven subtle quips. You should give Shaun another shot one day Scar now that the hype has died down. I don’t even like British comedy (Python is great, but they were “off” in the series as much as they were “on”) and I’ve really enjoyed their films.

I share your shock Pantsman!

[quote=“Scarface”]
Shaun of The Dead is overrated as fuck. I don’t remember even laughing once. [/quote]

I can’t remember a moment when I wasn’t laughing during that movie!

I love Shaun of the Dead so much but can’t say the same for Hot Fuzz. Its not because of the ‘geek-movie references’ or the homage to the zombie movies of old. I just thought it was funny as fuck with some of the best contemporary comic actors from the UK. Its nothing to do with trying to be clever - just fun. But then we’re all different when it comes to what makes us laugh.

I think this sounds like it could be cool if the script is good - don’t know too much about it at the moment - no doubt you’ll keep us up to date, eh Geoi!?

You bet I’ll keep you TWO up to date, all the haters can fuck-off though. ;D kidding

“[After doing press for RFBR], me and Nick are locked into finishing the first draft of our new movie by the end of October. It’s looking pretty good at the moment. We’ve been talking to directors and have some exciting possibilities. Edgar will stay in the mix as an executive producer and hopefully script editor. All being well, we’ll shoot next year.” -Simon Pegg

Pegg plans a road trip

Simon Pegg is to be reunited with co-star and co-writer Nick Frost for a new movie called Paul.

Pegg says the film is ‘a road movie about two British geeks in America’.

But he adds that there is a different relationship between him and Frost in this movie, compared to their previous collaborations in Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead. ‘I’m the bitch in this one,’ he told MTV. ‘This time Simon’s the bitch!’

He also said that director Edgar Wright, who was behind the duo’s previous hits, would not be directing Paul – although hr does not yet know who will.

In an earlier interview, he said: ‘Nick and I are writing a movie called Paul which we’ll be shooting in America next year. We both play adolescent types

‘Our parents’ generation were encouraged to settle down and become adults a lot sooner, in their early 20s. Now we’ve suddenly got our whole 20s and even our 30s to arse around, and nobody is quite sure what to do with it, so all we do is regress back to when we were younger and find the things we enjoyed doing then.’

Shaun of the Dead is my favourite movie of all time. It’s BRILLIANT! I didn’t like HF as much as SotD, but I still loved it. Paul is the one I’m really anticipating though, because it’s co-written by Nick, and Nick is the funniest man in the world.

I loved both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz but never really got any of the references to other films until I looked them up on IMDB later. The thing I love about them is that even though they’re both genres that have been done to death they still make it seem fresh without “reinventing the wheel”. They have a knack for playing with every cliche of a genre until they find the perfect balance between parody and original story telling.

I think it is obvious where I stand on Simon Pegg. I am of course looking forward to Paul now they have found a director. It will be good to see Nick take the lead on this one.

I can understand why some people don’t like Simon’s movies. My husband couldn’t even sit through Hot Fuzz with me, but a week later he watched it with some guys at work and thought it was funny came home quoting lines and everything…so who knows. I guess it just has to be the right moment.

I can’t understand why some people don’t like Simon’s movies. At all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“Geoi”]
I can’t understand why some people don’t like Simon’s movies. At all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote]

He’s got the exact same face of the geeks I used to bully at school. That’s one reason, probably. :smiley:

Really? I’d like to meet one of those geeks then. Geeks around here aren’t that cute.

YO! The site is up and running for this! Awesome video blogs up and more to come!

www.whatispaul.com

GO GO GO GO!

Greg Mottola is a great director. I’m looking forward to this one. The site is cool.

Geoi, you made me so happy in like 5 seconds, haha!

I was waiting for the new Pegg/Frost movie, and to know it’s from Superbad director, that’s great news!

The plot sounds fantastic too :smiley:

edit: ok it’s 1year old news…I just never heard of it haha