Drive-2011

Drive by Nicolas Winding Refn with Ryan Gosling is shaping up to be the movie of the year 2011. After first watching this clip:

- YouTube

I feel like I’m watching some good old Michael Mann. A tense and suspenseful scene.

After watching this one:

- YouTube

I go back to the 80’s and the movies with big sunsets and great new wave soundtracks, especially after 1.33.

And finally I see the trailer:

Drive: Official Red Band Trailer - YouTube

And I’m blown away. After reading the critics and hearing it did well at Cannes (Refn won the best director award) I say we’re gonna have a stylish, violent, old-fashioned thriller, like we haven’t seen in a long time.

Personally, this is the only movie I’m REALLY looking forward to for the rest of the year. I think it’s gonna be a BEAST of a movie. And I rarely miss when it comes to predicting awesome movies. I did it last year with Inception, and I believe I’ll hit the jackpot again this year with Drive.

cannot wait to see it

I’ve seen the movie a couple of times already, and it’s really quite beautiful. The cinematography is amazing, as Gosling said, Refn fetichizes the frame. Each shot is unique and has something to say. The music is brilliant, and the film is bloody as fuck. I haven’t been this overwhelmed by violence in a movie in a long time, and i mean that in the best way possible. When a gunshot is fired in Drive, you almost get a fucking heart attack, it’s so loud and bloody.

It’s incredibly stylized and many of my friends have described it as lacking substance, but I think it’s a great fucking film and will def. end up in my top 5 of the year.

And of course, it’s quite Tarantino-ish.

Why would you watch a great movie like that online? Ok nevermind, seems like you’re one of those ad bots that are running around everywhere here. Someone should take care of this.