Jackie Chan's Karate Kid

I just had the biggest geekasm.

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … rate%20kid”>THE KARATE KID - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

I’m just curious if they’ll explain why it’s called The Karate Kid, if Jackie Chan is teaching the kid Kung Fu. I’m pretty sure it takes place in China no less, so they can’t say he’s Japanese and teaching Will Smith’s kid karate.

wow, this trailer makes the movie look decent. Maybe the first JJ movie in years that will be watchable.

[quote=“pantsman”]I’m just curious if they’ll explain why it’s called The Karate Kid, if Jackie Chan is teaching the kid Kung Fu. I’m pretty sure it takes place in China no less, so they can’t say he’s Japanese and teaching Will Smith’s kid karate.[/quote]

I thought the same thing, dude. Then I decided I’d rather just let it go and enjoy the shit.

[quote=“pantsman”]I’m just curious if they’ll explain why it’s called The Karate Kid, if Jackie Chan is teaching the kid Kung Fu. I’m pretty sure it takes place in China no less, so they can’t say he’s Japanese and teaching Will Smith’s kid karate.[/quote]

In the international trailer they show the kids picking on Jayden’s character. They call him The Karate Kid as an insult.

But, yeah, I was very skeptical of this movie until the more recent trailers started popping up. Actually looking forward to it now.

I didn’t see that trailer. Cool, thanks for explaining it. I will watch, and most of the time love, anything with Jackie Chan in it. I’ve been in love with him since I first saw Drunken Master. Cos he’s awesome.

It is just called the Karate Kid because it is a mixed of Karate and Kung Fu.

The movie won’t work. Why doesn’t the black kid just buy a gun to shoot all the little bastards. That’s the gangsta way to handle things, right?

From what I’ve read it’s pretty damn good.

Yeah, I’m on board. Can’t wait for it.

Bio- stop being so crazy. You’re worrying us with your racial jokes. If I can’t say shit like that, you can’t.

Can we talk about Mexicans, then? :-</E>

Why would we? This isn’t the Robert Rodriguez section.

This movie’s box office performance is quite good.

I think its a good movie with action pack martial arts. Jackie Chan gives a very good performance.

more intense and violent film too.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

My 8 year old loved it! I guess I’m old enough to have forgotten seeing it before, although I know I did. I thought the end was a bit gory for little ones. Then I have to remember the cartoons…

Its a great film! Jacki really pulled it off to the young boy, once beaten and whom later beat the rest of the bad kids. I relate my childhood years with this one. Really really great!

I also love Jackie Chan’s movie when I first say Drunken master… I saw that movie several times… But due to professional business I couldn’t manage time for Karate Kid… after hearing people you here… I think I’m going to watch the movie tonight… Already watched the trailor…