Dennis Hopper

Have any of you been keeping up with Dennis Hopper’s “last days” and “divorce”? I thought I’d open a Dennis Hopper appreciation thread with the events going on right now so we can all talk and appreciate all things Dennis Hopper related while the sad event of him being on his death bed is taking place.

Shit he has only a month to live. Thats sad.

I wasn’t aware of that…fuck.

I fucking love this man, he’s the kind of actors that I will remember, and I hope will be remembered. His “nigger” scene in True Romance is one of the funniest/nerve racking scene written by QT. I fucking love it and watch it very often.

I’m very sad to hear such kind of news about him, is he really gonna die? I mean, doesn’t he have even a slight chance of recovery?

this is the only way i really see him going out, just blazing towards his deathdate. its a bittersweet thing sure but if you ever saw the ending of Out of the Blue, you knew one day he’d blaze away. knowing when he’s gonna die and being conscious of it. its like burning out.

Wow, I didn’t know that. On the day he dies I will re-watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 in memory of him, which I planned to do sometimes soon anyway. Great actor.

Wow, I didn’t know neither that he was about to die… What does he have ?

[quote=“F.W.”]its a bittersweet thing sure but if you ever saw the ending of Out of the Blue, you knew one day he’d blaze away. knowing when he’s gonna die and being conscious of it. its like burning out.[/quote]

You could just be the only one mentioning Out of the Blue, which is awesome. But unknown and very experimental and arty.

how is it arty? and experimental’s a bit of a stretch too.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Wow, I didn’t know neither that he was about to die… What does he have ? [/quote]

It has been said he has cancer that has spread to his bones.

it has been said?

hahahahaha. what an odd way to put it.

[quote=“F.W.”]it has been said?

hahahahaha. what an odd way to put it.[/quote]

Well I don’t talk to him or know him so I don’t want to give the wrong impression.

it was in a press release from his management.

he’s got cancer in his bones that spread from the prostate. he’s a goner.

And its so strange because I was only watching True Romance 2 days ago.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]And its so strange because I was only watching True Romance 2 days ago.[/quote]

But this has been out for months, and was said this would been his last month, so not really new news. I posted it now since no one has yet.

[quote=“G”]
But this has been out for months, and was said this would been his last month, so not really new news. I posted it now since no one has yet.[/quote]
Nah its just weird for me how I was only watching True Romance and then the next day I find out Dennis Hopper is gonna die in a month.

I understand.

Fantastic actor and very talented. He is always selecting roles in which he will be incredible and playing without any error. Dennis Hopper will always be one of Tv’s legends and a great actor.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Shit he has only a month to live. Thats sad.[/quote]
Haha I said that in January and its now April.

Today he has died. :frowning:

Ah shit, I have to get up to this of all things. It’s sad to me, another of the old greats parting this world and leaving us with who? Never another like Dennis Hopper.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Ah shit, I have to get up to this of all things. It’s sad to me, another of the old greats parting this world and leaving us with who? Never another like Dennis Hopper.[/quote]

I hope Criterion gets off their asses and release Out of the Blue. I can't find a good copy anywhere. Dennis Hopper was the man. Too bad we won't have anymore of him, with all these Disney fucks coming up.