Why do people all of a sudden give a shit about Titanic?

Ok im going to answer my own question. Its because James Cameron now has the two highest grossing films of all time with Titanic being the big number 1 and the newly released Avatar coming in at number 2.

Im really pissed off now I have been reading about idiots who are saying they think Avatar and Titanic are the greatest films ever made. Thats BS. Without all the CGI for Avatar would it be any good? No it would be a pile of maggot shit. And not that its good anyway.

I can guarantee you that in about 6 months people would have forgotten about Avatar and will be calling another stupid high budget action movie the greatest ever made.

I didn’t like Avatar that much, so I’m not into that category of person. Though it’s been a long long while that I’ve been trying to convince people to give Titanic a second chance. First of all, watch it yourself again, you’ll see that it’s very well shot (not always the case in Avatar), that the script and the actor are perfect (not the case in Avatar) and that you cannot deny it’s entertaining (not the case in Avatar, you often lose concentration).

I don’t think Avatar should be the appropriate moment for people to lvoe Titanic again cause the people who see Avatar are not the same audience who might enjoy Titanic. I think Revolutionary Road should have been the revival of Titanic.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]I didn’t like Avatar that much, so I’m not into that category of person. Though it’s been a long long while that I’ve been trying to convince people to give Titanic a second chance. First of all, watch it yourself again, you’ll see that it’s very well shot (not always the case in Avatar), that the script and the actor are perfect (not the case in Avatar) and that you cannot deny it’s entertaining (not the case in Avatar, you often lose concentration).

I don’t think Avatar should be the appropriate moment for people to lvoe Titanic again cause the people who see Avatar are not the same audience who might enjoy Titanic. I think Revolutionary Road should have been the revival of Titanic.[/quote]

True. Titanic is better than Avatar.

Both are boring and waaayyy too long. I honestly don’t know why some people are so nuts about Avatar.

[quote=“cherrydarling”]Both are boring and waaayyy too long. I honestly don’t know why some people are so nuts about Avatar.[/quote]

Hellz yeah. ^5 O0

Having trouble sleeping? Suffering insomnia? The all natural, drug free way to sleep easy …

introducing AVATAR! yawn

Back in the days when James Cameron used to be cool:

I would pay to watch a movie with the T-800 ruining the Navis’ shit for two hours straight.

Yeah but today we have a different world, and we need to be environmentally conscious, yada yada yada, we need to be walking talking vaginas, and pop culture can’t be cool anymore. Not even Spider-Man.

I want to see a movie where a Delta Force team, lead by Chuck Norris of course, attack the savage Na’vi tribe to secure the precious “Unobtainium” that the humans desperately need, using also endoskeleton Terminators they kill all their warriors, and send the rest 100 yards to the north (to get to the Unobtainium), where they find out it’s the exact same fucking thing: Trees. Then the Delta Force team returns to America and they are celebrated as heroes, Obama greets them and then they all start breakdancing. Ice-T makes a cameo appearence. The End.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Yeah but today we have a different world, and we need to be environmentally conscious, yada yada yada, we need to be walking talking vaginas, and pop culture can’t be cool anymore. Not even Spider-Man.

I want to see a movie where a Delta Force team, lead by Chuck Norris of course, attack the savage Na’vi tribe to secure the precious “Unobtainium” that the humans desperately need, using also endoskeleton Terminators they kill all their warriors, and send the rest 100 yards to the north (to get to the Unobtainium), where they find out it’s the exact same fucking thing: Trees. Then the Delta Force team returns to America and they are celebrated as heroes, Obama greets them and then they all start breakdancing. Ice-T makes a cameo appearence. The End.[/quote]

Different world. Shame .

Avatar was fun. I was never bored. Until it won two GOlden Globes now I can’t stand the fucking thing.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Avatar was fun. I was never bored. Until it won two GOlden Globes now I can’t stand the fucking thing.[/quote]

So you hate it because it won prizes. Yeah I know, it didn’t deserve them but I think that you should hate the people who chose the winner. And really, I don’t give a shit about which movie wins prizes 'cause Oscars etc. are all about fucking money. No bad movies usually win Oscars but they are most likely not the best movies or performances of the year.

(ps. were you joking?)