Tim Burton -- Under appreciated?

With the future release of Alice in Wonderland - here the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMkNrX60mA next year. I was thinking about all the Tim Burton movies I’ve seen. He is indeed in his own class. No where near mainstream. Kinda reminds you of QT, but in neon. Meaning, his movies aren’t as realistic, just ‘brighter’ if that makes sense. Very moody, dark sometimes, which is VERY cool. Like a Goth director.

Here are his films.

1. Frankenweenie (2011) (pre-production)
  2. Alice in Wonderland (2010) (post-production)

3. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)

… aka Sweeney Todd (USA: short title)
  4. Cinema16: American Short Films (2006) (V)
  5. Corpse Bride (2005)

… aka Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride (Singapore: English title) (USA: complete title)
  6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

… aka Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version)
  7. Big Fish (2003)
  8. Planet of the Apes (2001)
  9. The World of Stainboy (2000)

… aka Stainboy (USA: alternative title)

10. Sleepy Hollow (1999)

… aka Sleepy Hollow (Germany)

… aka Sleepy Hollow - Köpfe werden rollen (Germany: TV title)
  11. Mars Attacks! (1996)
  12. Ed Wood (1994)
  13. Batman Returns (1992)
  14. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

15. Batman (1989)
  16. Beetle Juice (1988)

… aka Beetlejuice (USA: alternative spelling) (USA: DVD title)
  17. “Faerie Tale Theatre” (1 episode, 1986)

… aka Shelley Duvall’s Faerie Tale Theatre (USA: alternative title)

- Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp (1986) TV episode
  18. “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” (1 episode, 1986)

- The Jar (1986) TV episode
  19. Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
  20. Frankenweenie (1984)
  21. Vincent (1982)
  22. Luau (1982)
  23. Hansel and Gretel (1982/II) (TV)

24. Doctor of Doom (1979)
  25. Stalk of the Celery (1979)

… aka Stalk of the Celery Monster (USA)
  26. The Island of Doctor Agor (1971)

Although I haven’t seen all of them. I’ve seen the bulk and enjoyed each one. The man is a fucking genius in my opinion. It’s early… can’t get all my thoughts together. But I was just wondering if anyone else felt the man has been slighted in the appreciation department.

Where is a Nightmare Before Christmas?

I copied this from somewhere. they left it out. It was early in the AM, so… ya know. :frowning: :-</E>

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Where is a Nightmare Before Christmas?[/quote]

I think he wrote it, didnt direct i might be wrong though

and to reply to the op tim burton is a genius everytime i hear of him making a film i cant wait to see it, his visuals are so amazing and above the standard of alot of other directors out there

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Where is a Nightmare Before Christmas?[/quote]

He didn’t directed it, Henry Selick did while everybody forget him. Burton produced it and wrote it (in part).

[quote=“roulette67”]

1. Frankenweenie (2011) (pre-production)
    [/quote]

Is this gonna be an adaptation of his previous short, also called Frankenweenie ? The short was awesome !

Burton is gonna be the next president of the Cannes film fest !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Burton is gonna be the next president of the Cannes film fest ![/quote]

that’s fucked up…

[quote=“joblo.com”]Tim Burton just wrapped the wildly successful (at least on a commercial level) ALICE IN WONDERLAND for Disney and now he’s moving on to another animation studio. Don’t get too excited, he’s not making a film with Pixar but he’s heading over to Chris Meladandri’s Illumination Entertainment where he’ll direct a stop-motion animated film based on THE ADDAMS FAMILY.

I know most of you are probably rolling your eyes around in your head in disbelief but if it’s any consolation, Burton’s vision will apparently not be based on either the 1960s TV series or the 1990s movies from Paramount. Instead the project will take its inspiration from the many Charles Addams drawings that appeared in the New Yorker.

The project is currently set up at Universal where Illumination has a first-look deal (their DESPICABLE ME hits theaters this summer). Meladandri will produce the project with Burton directing from an as-yet-to-be hired writer. As you can expect, Burton will use the Addams drawings as a launching point but the visuals will be all his own.

No word on when filming might begin but it’s possible the film might not see release until 2012 at the earliest. Illumination is already working on HOP for 2011 and has WHERE’S WALDO, THE LORAX and FLANIMALS currently in the production timeline. Filming on this project isn’t expected to impact Burton’s other Disney film, the feature length adaptation of FRANKENWEENIE but what does it mean for other live-action pursuits remains unclear.[/quote]

Most unoriginal man in Hollywood? Maybe?

[quote=“Dex”]

Most unoriginal man in Hollywood? Maybe?[/quote]

I think there are a lot of dudes queued up in front of him for that position. 8)

I don’t know. What’s he got three movies that aren’t adaptations or remakes?

[quote=“Dex”]I don’t know. What’s he got three movies that aren’t adaptations or remakes?[/quote]

I guess. I’m not arguing. I totally don’t appreciate Burton. But Jackson doesn’t really have shit that isn’t a remake or an adapt. Or, maybe I’m wrong about that. I don’t care. :laugh: :laugh:

The thing that disturbs me with Burton is that you can say he has his own style. Only he got it since like the 1990’s and never made a different movie from his precedent one. And still, people are praising him for his unique style and all.

I enjoy Jackson’s movies a lot more because he doesn’t really try to do something different. It’s a blockbuster and nothing more.

I guess I don’t like that a lot of people (I’m not thinking about any of you guys, but I mean the average guy) really think this guy is the shit when it comes to making different movies. Well, his movies are different, but they all look the same to me, and I don’t like that.

In comparison, QT has his own style and it doesn’t look like he recycles it everytime.