The greatest last film lines

I don’t recall seeing this topic in all the years I’ve been here and I thought it would be fun.

Basically just the best ending lines in films.

“Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.”

“Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!”

“All right, Mr. De Mille, I’m ready for my close-up.”

Those? I would never have thought of those!

You did miss one and my favorite (it made me cry):

“You?”

1.“And now we are Free. I will see you again… but not yet… Not yet!” - Gladiator.

2.In the year of our Lord 1314. Patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom." - Braveheart.

3.“The young girl lives, the old man dies… fair trade (shoots himself in the head)”. - Sin City.

[size=150]"GAH! I TAKE YO FUCKIN BULLETS!!!

YOU TINK YOU CAN KILL ME WIT BULLET?? I TAKE YO FUCKIN BULLETS! YEAA!!![/size]

“Here we go.”

FREEDOM!!!

“You’re a terrific person. You’re my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real cunt” - Kill Bill Vol. 2

"I’m Finished" - There Will Be Blood

[quote=“blue_lou_boyle”]
“I’m Finished” - There Will Be Blood[/quote]

One of my favourites. ;D

“Hey Blonde…you know what u are?!! Just a dirty son of b-aaa-aaa-aaaaaaaaa!!!”

• Tuco

“Anyway, it’s done. And that’s something. So: ‘Kaufman drives off from his encounter with Amelia, filled for the first time with hope.’ I like this. This is good.”

“Only in my dreams.”

“And in the dream I knew that he was goin’ on ahead and he was fixin’ to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold. And I knew that whenever I got there, he’d be there. And then I woke up.”

But the ending of No Country For Old Men sucked. It ruined a great film.

[quote=“Basterd101”]But the ending of No Country For Old Men sucked. It ruined a great film.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“Basterd101”]But the ending of No Country For Old Men sucked. It ruined a great film.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree.[/quote]

I agree with Angel on the disagreement.

No Country For Old Men is overrated as fuck.

This coming from a guy with the screenname “Scarface”.

Was that supposed to be a burn? Tell you what - I prefer watching God Pacino a million times rather than sit through another pseudo-intellectual bullshit monologue about some fucking dream.

[quote=“Scarface”]Was that supposed to be a burn? Tell you what - I prefer watching God Pacino a million times rather than sit through another pseudo-intellectual bullshit monologue about some fucking dream.[/quote]

If I wanted to burn I’d at least used a lighter!

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! ZING!

But seriously, Brian De Palma is a great director but Scarface was over-the-top self-indulgence. Raising Cain, Dressed to Kill, Blow Out, Sisters and even Snake Eyes (just as indulgent, though) are better than Scarface.

No Country AND Scarface share frames in the Overrated Hall of Fame. However, anti-intellectualism is such a cop-out.

I understand if you watch films for Pacino and different reasons than most and all that. It’s all good and great for you but to knock a film, particularly an adaptation of a novel, because it has something intelligent to say about human existence is just lazy.

Not to mention Scarface and No Country both share similar existential themes. But I don’t wanna bore you with big words.

ONTO THE COCAINE! RUSH! RUSH GET THE YAYO!

How is Scarface overrated when it did’nt win any academy awards?

[quote=“Basterd101”]How is Scarface overrated when it did’nt win any academy awards?[/quote]

You are Mr. Pink. No one else would include the fact about an Academy Award, when no one else on this board alone gives a shit about an Oscar.