Have you ever cried at the ending of a movie?

I know most people have cried atleast once at an ending of a movie. I cried at the ending of Braveheart and Gladiator. I actually cried for about 5 minutes after both movies had finished.

I cry all the time. This past year. I almost cried at an advertisement. I think I have emotional problems.

[quote=“Angel”]I cry all the time. This past year. I almost cried at an advertisement. I think I have emotional problems.[/quote]

Me too :’(

[quote=“Ify”][quote=“Angel”]I cry all the time. This past year. I almost cried at an advertisement. I think I have emotional problems.[/quote]

Me too :’([/quote]

The funny thing is that I can’t remember ever crying because of my own life problems. I had my car broken into and had to drive home (an hour away) with no window in the middle of winter. I remember just sitting there freezing with no wallet and thinking “fuck my life”, but it never occurred to me to cry.

When it comes to film though, I love laughing and crying and feeling something. That’s when I know it’s a good film.

I never cry but I also think I have a problem about that. Lots of movies shook me and left me like a crippled whore in a sidewalk at 3am, but I never cried.

I cried during Basterds twice. I cry over songs and adverts also. Even reading the paper or a good book will make me cry. I don’t really cry for my own shit though, not since 2004.

The Bridges of Madison Country :’( It was the very first time I ever cried over a movie. It was so sad :frowning:

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]The Bridges of Madison Country :’( It was the very first time I ever cried over a movie. It was so sad :frowning:[/quote]

I read most of the book, but I couldn’t go on, and picked up a good spy-story instead. Sucky. I hate sad shit.

I cried at the final duel in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly it was so good. And that fucking music. And I did cry after seeing Inglourious Basterds the second time because I was so happy I had been wrong on first viewing. It really was a masterpiece :’(

I still cant get over the ending of Braveheart. It still makes me cry my eyes out.

I still cry pretty much every time I watch Legend of the Falls and Duane Hopwood. There’s quite a few episodes of television that do it for me too. Never when there’s other people around, though and I have to be pretty fuckin’ drunk.

Like others have said I don’t really cry about my own shit nearly as much.

Candy is the most emotional film for me. I cried from the beginning to the end, and haven’t rewatch it since then. I cry to many films. I actually cried when i saw House on TV one time. There was this dog who was like "uuuhuuu :’( " and then I was like "uuuuhuu :’( " too. Dunno why.

[quote=“Utivich”]Candy is the most emotional film for me. I cried from the beginning to the end, and haven’t rewatch it since then. I cry to many films. I actually cried when i saw House on TV one time. There was this dog who was like "uuuhuuu :’( " and then I was like "uuuuhuu :’( " too. Dunno why.[/quote]

Don’t feel bad. I’ve cried at the end of several episodes of Buffy and Stargate SG-1. Very emotional tv shows. :’(

I know it’s cliche’ as all fuck, but I cried at the end of both The Elephant Man & Ikiru the first time I watched them… :’(

[quote=“Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth”]I know it’s cliche’ as all fuck, but I cried at the end of both The Elephant Man & Ikiru the first time I watched them… :’([/quote]

Oh shit. The Elephant Man was horrible on me! :’( :’(

I cried at the end of Back Door Daughters and Their Tijuana Child-Fathers.

Hmm… The Green Mile and A Perfect World are all that comes to mind.

I think The Green Mile was the movie I cried the most watching it. But I cry A LOT. Not much in real life neither, never for an ad, never for a book, almost never for a song (or only when it reminds me of something else) and all the time for movies, ahah.

Though I now developped new technics not to cry in theater when I’m with friends. Cause it’s kinda embarassing. So I can now control from which eye I can cry and control the other one. Though I mianly cry from the right eye, therefore I have to sit in the right place if I’m sure I’m gonna cry, ahaha.

I got all sorts of technics to control my eyes, even like I can sleep only from one eye during lectures while the other one is more or less focused on the teacher, and then I switch and use the other eye to sleep, ahah. Oh and of course I can sleep everywhere, do micro-nap, from 2 to 10 minutes but deep sleep and wake up precisely when I need it like in the subway. I can fall asleep and never get worry not to wake up at the right station (especially on specific lines I know very well).

I’ve become a bit emotional during the last year, it’s very unlike me, it’s kinda scary actually. Like if something moves me enough, I shed tears quite easily. When I mention “crying” in this message, it’s that sort of silent crying, where I tear up. Well anyway, I haven’t cried at the ending of a movie the way you’re talking about, but I gotta say that I did cry at the end of Death Proof. It was rather embarassing, really, well… it would have been embarassing if my friend saw me shedding tears (and there were quite a lot of them, it was so weird), but it was basically because I had read so much shit about Death Proof before watching it, and then when I did and found out that it was great, it just overwhelmed me. It overwhelmed me in the sense that I was 1) Disappointed with myself for having the nerve to doubt QT and 2) That I had witnessed such a personal film from QT, and that other people rejected it so.

^ Naaaaw! :slight_smile: