The Greatest Movie of All Time?

What do you think?

I would say Braveheart or Taxi Driver.

[quote=“Goodfella”]What do you think?

I would say Braveheart or Taxi Driver.[/quote]

TESTING

Braveheart is the greatest movie of all time.

Godmonster of Indian Flats.

I have favorite movies, but no, can’t pick one movie I would list as the greatest of all time.

Adventures in Babysitting :slight_smile:

You guys are a bunch of ridiculous, mouth-breathing twits.

This is clearly the correct answer for all times, period…

- YouTube

Ahah, interesting choices at least unconvetionnal. And none of you have mentionned Citizen Kane and if someone is planning too, be careful cause I might spend hours and hours to explain why it is obviously not the greatest movie of all time and not even the best movie of Orson Welles.

I wanna say, Dumb & Dumber. A police officer drinking pee in a bottle of beer? I worship the guy who came up with that

- YouTube

Drunken Wutang is obviously the greatest film ever made.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]I wanna say, Dumb & Dumber. A police officer drinking pee in a bottle of beer? I worship the guy who came up with that[/quote]

Ahah, Dumb & Dumber is a classic. A guy’s tongue stuck by the cold ? Ahah. And a guy stuck in the toilets (that sequence is cult !!).

I dont understand why people think The Godfather is the greatest movie of all time. The Godfather part 2 was way better, but both are definantly not the greatest of all time.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Ahah, interesting choices at least unconvetionnal. And none of you have mentionned Citizen Kane and if someone is planning too, be careful cause I might spend hours and hours to explain why it is obviously not the greatest movie of all time and not even the best movie of Orson Welles.[/quote]

Best movie of Orson Welles is Touch Of Evil in my opinion. What’s yours?

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I dont understand why people think The Godfather is the greatest movie of all time. The Godfather part 2 was way better, but both are definantly not the greatest of all time.[/quote]

I kind of agree that I like Godfather 2 better. Had more emotion, instead of cardboard characters being played by legendary actors like in the first one with Brando, Pacino, Duvall (who played my fav character throughout the whole trilogy, even though he wasn’t in the 3rd), and Caan. Godfather 2 touched on more realistic emotions.

[quote=“G”]

I kind of agree that I like Godfather 2 better. Had more emotion, instead of cardboard characters being played by legendary actors like in the first one with Brando, Pacino, Duvall (who played my fav character throughout the whole trilogy, even though he wasn’t in the 3rd), and Caan. Godfather 2 touched on more realistic emotions.[/quote]

Yea and also The Godfather Part 2 had the whole Hyman Roth story which made it very tense.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“G”]

I kind of agree that I like Godfather 2 better. Had more emotion, instead of cardboard characters being played by legendary actors like in the first one with Brando, Pacino, Duvall (who played my fav character throughout the whole trilogy, even though he wasn’t in the 3rd), and Caan. Godfather 2 touched on more realistic emotions.[/quote]

Yea and also The Godfather Part 2 had the whole Hyman Roth story which made it very tense.[/quote]

Yes, but I like the fact that Michael has alot of shit on his hands, dealing with Kay, his sister Connie, the whole court deal, Fredo turning on him, all of these human emotions and things you have to deal with when a family member has to be the “Man of the house” when his father dies.

[quote=“G”]

Yes, but I like the fact that Michael has alot of shit on his hands, dealing with Kay, his sister Connie, the whole court deal, Fredo turning on him, all of these human emotions and things you have to deal with when a family member has to be the “Man of the house” when his father dies.[/quote]

“Oh, Michael. Michael, you are blind. It wasn’t a miscarriage. It was an abortion. An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion”. That line is my favourite line from the series, probably the most shocking line ive heard in a film. Even more shocking than some of the lines in Southpark The Movie.

Yes, but I like the fact that Michael has alot of shit on his hands, dealing with Kay, his sister Connie, the whole court deal, Fredo turning on him, all of these human emotions and things you have to deal with when a family member has to be the “Man of the house” when his father dies.[/quote]

“Oh, Michael. Michael, you are blind. It wasn’t a miscarriage. It was an abortion. An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion”. That line is my favourite line from the series, probably the most shocking line ive heard in a film. Even more shocking than some of the lines in Southpark The Movie.[/quote]

Oh yes. The first time I watched Godfather 2, I was yelling out stuff out along the lines of “She is going to get it now!” I was waiting for Michael to stomp her ass. ;D

It was shocking the first time I watched it.

“Oh, Michael. Michael, you are blind. It wasn’t a miscarriage. It was an abortion. An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion”. That line is my favourite line from the series, probably the most shocking line ive heard in a film. Even more shocking than some of the lines in Southpark The Movie.[/quote]

HA! This comment about SP made me laugh! But I agree with you, amazing scene, amazing line. I'd also say it's the best line from the series. My fav scene would be the end of The Godfather 3 with Sofia Coppola dying in the arms of Al, it was such an intense scene, Al is perfect, I felt like I lost my daughter too, and I don't even have one. That was fucked up. I was paralyzed and read all the ending credits...well, watched them. Definitely one of the most powerful movie experience of my life.

We should do a topic about the best/worst movie series of all time. My pick for the worst is Star Wars w#r

[quote=“G”]

Oh yes. The first time I watched Godfather 2, I was yelling out stuff out along the lines of “She is going to get it now!” I was waiting for Michael to stomp her ass. ;D

It was shocking the first time I watched it.[/quote]

Yea Al PAcino is such a bad ass in all his roles.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]

HA! This comment about SP made me laugh! But I agree with you, amazing scene, amazing line. I'd also say it's the best line from the series. My fav scene would be the end of The Godfather 3 with Sofia Coppola dying in the arms of Al, it was such an intense scene, Al is perfect, I felt like I lost my daughter too, and I don't even have one. That was fucked up. I was paralyzed and read all the ending credits...well, watched them. Definitely one of the most powerful movie experience of my life.

We should do a topic about the best/worst movie series of all time. My pick for the worst is Star Wars w#r[/quote]
The thing is that the scene wouldn't of work in my opinion if it had sound when he was yelling. It was perfect without you hearing him yelling. Also it's hard to watch that scene, because I can't get past the shit that is Godfather 3. w#r

It was shocking the first time I watched it.[/quote]

Yea Al PAcino is such a bad ass in all his roles.[/quote]

Though I get a sense that he almost plays the same character in every movie.