Tarantino on There Will Be Blood

Tarantino on Sky Movies talking about There Will Be Blood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rp5NjLRRyw

cool. somebody please up the other intros as well! nice to see that he gets a whole 10 minutes to talk about the films. :slight_smile:

Q talking about There Will Be Blood and just PTA in general is heaven…and i totally agree about Boogie Nights

Yes it was a really great video, I really enjoyed watching that! I might be the only member of the boards who haven’t seen There Will Be Blood yet, but boy did that motivate me! Well, I already knew I absolutely had to watch it, but, you know, when QT says it, it’s even more convincing :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve neither seen the movie but it is said so many times on this forum that the movie is brilliant, I’ll have to watch it. Once saw it in the DVD store but man it was so expensive I bought something cheaper instead… Gotta buy it later.

But it was enjoyable to watch Tarantino talking about There Will Be Blood 'cause he really knows what he is talking about.

QT’s Top 20 movies since 1992: - YouTube

[quote=“Kinick”]
[/quote]

Wow. I don’t agree with his choices most of the time. But I have a few new “to watch” movies on my list.

He loves Shaun of the Dead! Fuck yeah! :smiley:

McCabe & Mrs Miller - YouTube

Death Proof - YouTube

I am glad to hear that he likes Friday!

The riches he uncovers are silver not gold. Originally in the script Daniel Plainview has a mule that dies in the heat. Now, how Daniel Plainview made it to the nearest town - and how Quentin explained it is apocryphal - I imagine there were other silver miners in the area that could help him back into town. one thing to notice throughout the film is the way Daniel plainview holds his knee in pain when he kneels, etc. That to me just tells me how immersive Daniel-Day gets into his roles. Now I liked Paul Dano, of course his performance won’t be on par with the greatest actor in the world. But I think what Quentin missed was the level of importance that Daniel Plainview takes to this false preacher who uses the name of god and the church to further his life with the riches Daniel stole from him. Paul Dano has a right to claim some of that money and through this confilct a small war sparks between them. The two characters are little foxes that are spoiling the vines of the world. One through capitalism and the other through religion - which he disguises himself under. In the end of the movie, when Daniel deafeats Eli, and he sits there alone - laboring, he says: “I’m Finished”. After that there is nothing left of him, no emotion of any kind. He’s an empty person.

[quote=“moussemaker”]
McCabe & Mrs Miller - YouTube

Death Proof - YouTube
[/quote]

With Basterds, I think it’s going to crush the weak competition come this late August. Every time I go to the movies and the Basterds trailer comes on, I hear people whispering about it - so it’s a great sing. I think it will open up with 33M in the US. It will be that big.

When QT said it was lesser work than his other movies (Death Proof), I also thought the same thing. I mean it’s like a short film in a way, there aren’t that many open locations until the very end, it’s like a stageplay - almost in the way of a Mankiewicz movie where the movie moves through the conversation of characters. I still like Death proof, but I must admit the second half has always entertained me more, with Rosario, Tracy, etc. I think the earlier girls weren’t good actresses, they were too conventional for lack of a better word and uninteresting.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I still like Death proof, but I must admit the second half has always entertained me more, with Rosario, Tracy, etc.
[/quote]

Yeah, I (I think almost everyone) enjoy more watching the second half. Though the ending of the first part is cool, the best part in it, one of the greatest pieces of the movie.

I really love Zoe, and after I saw Double Dare, I loved her more. She seems so nice person. And her acting isn’t bad at all even though she had done stunts more than the actual acting. After she did Death Proof, she’s been acting more, which is nice.

theres other videos on the guys page…theres a real interesting one about Scorcese and Taxi Driver

[quote=“Kinick”]
[/quote]

Anything else, my favorite Woody Allen film from the last 20 yrs! cool!

Anything Else is actually one of my least favorite Allen films, even from 92’ onwards

on Taxi Driver - YouTube

on Sunshine - YouTube

on Scorcese - YouTube

[quote=“Cpt tonyanthony”][quote=“Kinick”]
[/quote]

Anything else, my favorite Woody Allen film from the last 20 yrs! cool![/quote]

yeah I don’t quite get it! It’s probably because I’m not too much of a fan of Woody’s acting, but I don’t think it’s my fav. I don’t remember enjoying it as much as Everyone Says I Love You for example.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Well, I already knew I absolutely had to watch it, but, you know, when QT says it, it’s even more convincing :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

“That’s a bingo!”

[quote=“ThaDuke”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Well, I already knew I absolutely had to watch it, but, you know, when QT says it, it’s even more convincing :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

“That’s a bingo!”[/quote]

You just say Bingo.