Official Trailer available - Django Unchained

The trailer is finally here!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/2012/06/07/fu … ed-online/”>Full official trailer for Tarantino's Django Unchained online - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Simply amazing.

Looks quite epic (more so than I originally thought it was going to be). DiCaprio’s going to steal this one.

Hard to say how I feel about DiCaprio. In the movie he might be the awesomest but this trailer… don’t know, he seems too slapstick to me.

I like it better than the first trailer for Inglourious Basterds. I was actually a little put off by that one. This movie looks to be another good one! I don’t mind DiCaprio. It took a while for me to get used to Pitt in the first IB trailer. One thing that annoys me is I thought this movie takes place in the south but a lot looks like it’s from far far out west. There is no desert in the south nor bare snow covered mountains. Well maybe in the 1800’s they were bare…

It takes place in The South. I think the farthest it goes West wise is Texas. But its around Mississippi, Tennessee mostly.

I love both the trailers, esp the International version. Its so cool how it blends the Johnny Cash with James Brown. Footage is gorgeous, characters look as enthralling as any Ive seen from QT.

Im expecting Leos Calvin Candie to be like this film’s Hans Landa. The “villain” we’re supposed to hate but end up thinking hes actually quite interesting in his own unique way.

[quote=“Pete”]It takes place in The South. I think the farthest it goes West wise is Texas. But its around Mississippi, Tennessee mostly. [/quote]

I’ve been all over the South (lived here most of my life) and there’s nothing that looks even remotely like some of the locations in the trailer. A lot of the movie is shot in the South but some of it was shot in Wyoming and for a Southerner like me that’s gonna stick out like a sore thumb but I’ll get used to it. The last Tarantino flick set in the south, Death Proof, had me fully convinced. The “Lebanon, Tennessee” part was filmed in California but it looks JUST LIKE Tennessee. It actually had me fooled, I thought maybe they actually filmed on location like they did with Austin.

But yeah I can’t wait to see how Leo does a proper Tarantino villain. ;D