The music of Django Unchained

For the latest news and developments about the soundtrack…

Title Song For ‘Django Unchained’ To Be Multilingual Version Of “My Way”?

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ … se-kingdom”>http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/title-song-for-django-unchained-to-be-multilingual-version-of-my-way-alexandre-desplate-scoring-moonrise-kingdom</LINK_TEXT>

What about Ennio Morricone? Anybody heard something? I hope that him and Quentin can make this work this time!

Ummm… This could get interesting.

[quote=“Marvelicious”]What about Ennio Morricone? Anybody heard something? I hope that him and Quentin can make this work this time![/quote]

Maybe not a full score from Morricone, but more tracks/snippets from past soundtracks are a sure bet.

A reminder on how he feels about composers scoring his whole film (Skip to 2:00)

Quentin Tarantino Talks Umberto Lenzi and Composers - YouTube

The first info from the set stated Jim Croce’s 70s hit single “I Got A Name” was being played over loud speakers. This could be on the soundtrack. We wont know for sure until later.

Trivia: This song was also used in the 1973 film The Last American Hero starring Jeff Bridges as a hillbilly moonshiner turned racecar driver. Based on the life of pro racer Junior Johnson.

[quote=“Laydback”][quote=“Marvelicious”]What about Ennio Morricone? Anybody heard something? I hope that him and Quentin can make this work this time![/quote][/quote]
I don’t even recognize him. ;D

i made some suggestions for a good western soundtrack

- YouTube

- YouTube

- YouTube

- YouTube

- YouTube

Been listening to my first version of the OST to hold me over until the real thing is released. Not sure how much I’ll like the new stuff, but most of it is as great as you’d expect. A bit strange to have to start associating Riz Orolani’s I Giorni Dell’ira with Django now instead of Kill BIll. Just as well I suppose since only the lead-in was used in that movie, but the association is still strong, thanks to the KB soundtrack (in all the many permutations I’ve constructed) being my favorite of all time.

QTs used other tracks from KB, like White Lightning in Basterds. Its like he has certain themes that are part of his universes to accent similar moods.

Day of Anger is one of my fav themes, I loved how he used bits of it in Kill Bill: House of Blue Leaves and Elle and Bea’s trailer battle.

Looking fwd to hearing how he used the Two Mules For Sister Sara cues in DU too!

[quote]QTs used other tracks from KB, like White Lightning in Basterds.[/quote]

Yeah I know, and Il Mercenario (Reprisa) as well. Honestly I think maybe he just used so much music in Kill BIll that he can’t help repeating it now. I don’t mind, but it’s always weird to adjust to hearing music in a scene that was already used well in his previous films. I guess he just uses what works for the scene and doesn’t worry so much about it. And in a way it’s very QT to steal music from himself that he already stole from other movies. Aside from a couple of tracks, I do love the DU soundtrack though, and I’m very excited to not only hear how these tracks are used, but what else is in store. The movie is nearly 3 hours, so there could still be plenty that didn’t make the cut for this disc.

Am I the only one going crazy for Lo Chiamavano King? Wow that song really gets me!

I love the fact that Tarantino refers to his other films now like in Inglorious Basterds. He is definitely the leading director in the art of post-modernism. The only way I can explain the recycling of his music is like a Chinese box you will find that the music refers to his other films then you can link that to another source then possibly another after that.

[quote=“Mystery Roach”]Am I the only one going crazy for Lo Chiamavano King? Wow that song really gets me![/quote]
i love that song and its so perfect in the film.

that whole sequence starting with that song and django in the blue suit

and ending with the brittle brothers death is my favorite part of the film other than the ending.

[quote=“Mystery Roach”]Am I the only one going crazy for Lo Chiamavano King? Wow that song really gets me![/quote]

can’t stop whistling it

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Dj … Soundtrack”>Django Unchained Soundtrack - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

and especially interesting: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Dj … references”>Django Unchained complete soundtrack list with movie references - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Listen to the opening music of this film

Absolutely love Django Unchained.

Hey I just did a cover of John Legend’s Who Did That to You, a song that starts in the scene where Quentin Tarantino’s character frees Django then gets blown up. Check it out!!!