QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

Welcome to the deep south, as an escaped slave goes on to get his wife back. Coming 2012
perlman3030
Cowardly Lion

Re: QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

Post by perlman3030 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks to all who helped me get it. I read it with old Tarantino scores in the background. It was epic to say the least. It seems, even more so than in his other scripts, Tarantino's voice comes through loud and clear. I could practically hear him in the room. However each character was wonderfully distinct. Shultz seemed very similar to Landa, but still awesome anyway. I couldn't see any other actor playing him. I saw Stringer Bell as Django. I hope Will Smith does not get the role. But I do hope Dicapiro gets the villain role. I think he'd be a great fit, and he needs a fun part. And it would be great to see him destroy his current "nice guy" image. It will also be very interesting to see who fills out all the supporting roles. I could see lots of amazing long lost character actors coming out of the woodwork. Broomhilda is also a tough one. I never got a solid image of her in my mind. I hope they go with an unknown. Or maybe Pam Grier's daughter if she has one.

Thanks again for the help reading it guys.

Maniacal420
Cowardly Lion

Post by Maniacal420 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 pm

If anyone could PM me the script it would also be much appreciated.

My email is paul_e_maniacal@hotmail.com

mikeconrad
Cowardly Lion

Post by mikeconrad » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:08 am

Man,

Am I psyched for this movie..

efficient33
Cowardly Lion

Post by efficient33 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 am

Django was first played by Franco Nero in 1966 !

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

efficient33 wrote:Django was first played by Franco Nero in 1966 !
No fucking shit.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 am

News article claims that Tarantino was in Knoxville scouting locations in Sevier County for Django this week

According to this source, Will Smith was never in negotiations for the movie DiCaprio is and Tarantino stayed at the Marriott?

http://www.metropulse.com/news/2011/jun ... ie-django/

Dead Zed
Kiddo

Post by Dead Zed » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:12 pm

hotpinksky wrote:News article claims that Tarantino was in Knoxville scouting locations in Sevier County for Django this week

According to this source, Will Smith was never in negotiations for the movie DiCaprio is and Tarantino stayed at the Marriott?

http://www.metropulse.com/news/2011/jun ... ie-django/
I haven't read the whole script, but wasn't this supposed to be set mostly in the south? Plus, the writer says DiCaprio will play Django, "not to break the series' continuity" ::)

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 pm

I can't attest to the veracity of the Metro Pulse article but I do know Knoxville is in TN and TN is generally considered to be in the "south". There is a scene in the script set in Gatlinburg which is in Sevier County and is in TN close to Knoxville again this is generally considered to be "the south".

Dead Zed
Kiddo

Post by Dead Zed » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 pm

I guess my knowledge of American geography sucks :)

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am

Dead Zed wrote:I guess my knowledge of American geography sucks :)
the "south" is not as much as geographic entity but a econopolitical one. the "south" classifies the slave states, who would later join the confederacy.

mr pink, one more racist remark and you're out

zeppelincheetah2

Post by zeppelincheetah2 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:10 am

Actually it depends on who you ask. Some people in the deep south don't consider Tennessee a southern state (when I was in Texas I tried to explain to a guy in the country who believed that TN was in "the north" that TN is in fact a southern state) though all people living within Tennessee do. Tennessee was the last state to join the confederacy and the first to leave. Kentucky was never in the confederacy yet most consider it to be the south.

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 am

and most people in the "south" don't consider Florida to be a "southern" state even though geographically it is in the south Too many yankees!

and as a tennessean I agree that Tennessee is most definitely in "the south"

You don't hit the Mason Dixon line until you get to Delaware!

^-^

zeppelincheetah2

Post by zeppelincheetah2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 am

hotpinksky wrote:and most people in the "south" don't consider Florida to be a "southern" state even though geographically it is in the south Too many yankees!

and as a tennessean I agree that Tennessee is most definitely in "the south"

You don't hit the Mason Dixon line until you get to Delaware!

^-^

Actually its northern Florida that's considered the South. The Florida panhandle is sometimes called the "redneck corridor". The mason-dixon line definitely does not correctly delineate the border between south and north today; Maryland and Northern Virginia are now considered out of the South. so the South is: northern Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, southern Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and eastern Texas.

I wonder where django unchained takes place. If Tarantino sticks to history he'll know that cotton was primarily grown in what is now the "cotton belt", which stretches from Texas on into Arkansas, then through northern parts of the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and into South Carolina... if you look at a demographic map of the u.s. the same former cotton belt region is today still predominantly african-american.

I know this because i'm a geography buff (was my major in college) and i've lived in northern Florida, Tennessee (primarily), east Texas, Kentucky and South Carolina :D

Megafanlars10
Cowardly Lion

Post by Megafanlars10 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 am

If anyone could help me get the script it would be greatly appreciated as a fan. Thank you.

Lars_10@live.com or pm me. Thank you!!!

spitbloodBob
Cowardly Lion

Post by spitbloodBob » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 am

Am I the only one who doesnt like Jamie Fox for the role. THe only thing that was going throug my mind was not a rapper, not a raper, not a musican, comedian, please let a actor be in a leading role.

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am

He wouldn't be my first choice either. But the man can act, and not because he won an Oscar either. Just because he does comedy, don't dismiss him. I haven't read the script, I'd rather wait til the movie comes out and enjoy the experience.

The movie RAY convinced me he could act. I was very surprised by his performance. He delivered and I think he could pull off this one too.

Let me say, I'm no BIG Foxx fan. I would rather have had Chiwetel Ejiofor myself. BUT, I'm not Quentin. He must have seen something and went with it.

I'm just glad it's not Will Smith.

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm

I think Jamie Foxx is way better than Will Smith.
I believe that Foxx really can pull off Django role :)
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Its definitely going to be an interesting cast.

Foxx Dicaprio Jackson and Waltz

I mean the man can get just about anybody he wants well except for Will Smith O0

zeppelincheetah2

Post by zeppelincheetah2 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

I just read the front page story listing the producers. If this is the case this will be the first Tarantino movie not produced by Lawrence Bender and also of course the first Tarantino movie without Sally Menke.

I'm really excited about the cast, particularly Dicaprio's casting. I don't believe he's ever played an antagonist. This will be interesting :D

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:16 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/news
It's confirmed that Jamie Foxx is playing Django. Though we all knew it already :)
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

MikeSabian
Cowardly Lion

Post by MikeSabian » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:35 am

roulette67 wrote:He wouldn't be my first choice either. But... don't dismiss him. I haven't read the script, I'd rather wait til the movie comes out and enjoy the experience.
This.
Same here. Of all the rumoured auditions, I would've loved to see Idris Elba get the role, but I'll be intrigued to see how Foxx pulls this one off
"King Kong is noir, because the second he sees the blonde - he's doomed"

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

MikeSabian wrote:
roulette67 wrote:He wouldn't be my first choice either. But... don't dismiss him. I haven't read the script, I'd rather wait til the movie comes out and enjoy the experience.
This.
Same here. Of all the rumoured auditions, I would've loved to see Idris Elba get the role, but I'll be intrigued to see how Foxx pulls this one off
It would be nice to know if Elba ever auditioned to the role. We only know rumors. But yeah, I believe in Jamie Foxx. Way better than Will Smith.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 pm

ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

I smell a great performance in this. The ups and downs of the character were fascinating.

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

I smell a great performance in this. The ups and downs of the character were fascinating.
Haven't seen you around latelly, Ordell. I'm glad your back :)
Have you read the script?
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 am

Yeah I can see Jamie Foxx standing around with his shirt off lookin all buff oiled and sweaty glistening in the sun looking all Mandingoish gettin ready to kick Di Caprio's ass and do bad things to his sister :D

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 am

jonitapani wrote:
Ordell Rodriguez wrote:ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

Haven't seen you around latelly, Ordell. I'm glad your back :)
Have you read the script?
About halfway, to the introduction of Broomhilda. Had to tear myself away it was so good, but reading the Inglourious Basterds script ruined alot of the first time joy for me.

Is this shit verified, Leo is the slave master/head bad guy?

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:39 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Is this shit verified, Leo is the slave master/head bad guy?
I think is as verified as Waltz being the Bounty Hunter. Though you can literally read from the script that the Bounty Hunter role is for Waltz. So, hopefully DiCaprio is the bad guy.

The story of Broomhilda, man it was written well. The whole script is so great I'd like to read it again. But maybe it's just better I don't.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 am

I cried a little when I saw the news that Costner might be in Django. Tears of joy :'(

Almost makes up for the fact that Leo's gonna be in it. Motherfucker could barely pull off a boston accent.

hotpinksky
Cowardly Lion

Post by hotpinksky » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:51 am

WhATTTTT?????

Leo is great :)

JeanLucBastard
Cowardly Lion

Post by JeanLucBastard » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:I cried a little when I saw the news that Costner might be in Django. Tears of joy :'(

Almost makes up for the fact that Leo's gonna be in it. Motherfucker could barely pull off a boston accent.

I never cared much for Kevin Costner. He's the kind of actor who spends an entire movie with the same fucking expression on his face. He plays safe. Never understood what people saw in him.

Dicaprio, on the other hand, while far from one of my favourite actors, is someone who always gives a good performance in whatever movie he's in. The only thing that's left is for him to play a bad guy, which will eventually happen in Django.