QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

What do people think about QT doing his own spin on the western aka “Southern”? I cant wait to hear more about the movie, esp the plot details and of course The TITLE! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for more info!!

I’d love to see this film.

it is so quiet. I think there is something in the bush…

<LINK_TEXT text=“Entertainment – UPROXX … -unchained”>Entertainment – UPROXX</LINK_TEXT>

WTF is this for real?! I cannot find ANY other site reporting this. NONE.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]<LINK_TEXT text=“Entertainment – UPROXX … -unchained”>Entertainment – UPROXX</LINK_TEXT>

WTF is this for real?! I cannot find ANY other site reporting this. NONE.[/quote]

are you sure? www.tarantino.info even has an official confirmation and a color photograph

something that got posted on

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2011/04/true_to_form.php

SPOILER ALERT

[quote]As someone who has actually read Tarantino’s latest script - and no I can’t forward it to anyone, it’ll get out there pretty soon anyway and I ain’t about to scan 166 pages of script because I’m sitting on a hard copy - I can tell you that most of you are just shooting from the hip. DJANGO is fucking awesome and it’s a script that only QT could have written… and I actually think it’s one of his most personal scripts to date.

First off, this thing is going to be controversial with a capital C. The title character Django is a freed slave, who under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (Christophe Waltz) becomes a badass bounty hunter himself and after assisting Waltz on taking down some bad guys for profit, is in turn assisted by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner. And that doesn’t even half begin to cover it! This film deals with racism as I’ve rarely seen it handled in a Hollywood film. While it’s 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglourious and you’ll get a sense of what he’s doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one. It’s violent and funny and full of great Tarantino monologues and shoot outs (and slave rapes and slave tortures) and the center piece of the script is this fantastic relationship between Django and his Obi-Wan Waltz and it all just fucking works in the way only Tarantino makes it work. If you’re a QT hater this script won’t convert you. If you’re a fan, you’ll be onboard for the entire ride and you’ll love every fucking second of it. I cannot wait to see the finished movie. It’s going to shock and offend and drive people nuts when they see this thing. Detractors are going to find a thousand reference points from previous movies, but they’ve never been presented like this and I’m some one who has seen a LOT of movies and this script didn’t feel familiar to me in the slightest. [/quote]

[quote=“Sebastian”][quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]<LINK_TEXT text=“Entertainment – UPROXX … -unchained”>Entertainment – UPROXX</LINK_TEXT>

WTF is this for real?! I cannot find ANY other site reporting this. NONE.[/quote]

are you sure? http://www.tarantino.info even has an official confirmation and a color photograph[/quote]

haha, i beat you to it :wink: It wasn’t there when i posted that.

This AWESOME TO THE FUCKIN MAX!!

I’m just now going through all the info we got so far :smiley:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

This is amazing news. I’m so over excited I can’t control myself!

FUCK YEA!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So thrilled to hear this!! Of course at first I thought it would be an actual sequel to Django but then knowing QTs style of going down a totally diff path, I wasnt surprised to hear its not about that at all. I love the plot and so happy to hear Christoph Waltz will be in it! Cant wait to see who else is cast in the film! ;D

The Southern: A spaghetti western style story set in slavery times = GENIUS!!!

This will get the boards hoppin’. Can’t wait to hear more about the cast etc. Waltz is just excellent.

Oh yeah, a new QT film on the horizon!

More details on the production…

<LINK_TEXT text=“Quentin Oliver Lee Dead: Broadway Actor, Opera Singer Was 34 – Deadline … unchained/”>Quentin Tarantino Saddles Up For Spaghetti Western 'Django Unchained' – Deadline</LINK_TEXT>

So many haters in the comments. Bet they still go see the movie. The concept may not be original, but the writing and execution will hopefully be beyond expectation.

I like the idea. Looking forwards to Waltz and seeing who he lines up as the lead actor.

Waltz is a bounty hunter! A slave named Django! A “southern”! God does exist!

this is going to be fucking amazing

Harry Knowles:
[quote]Christoph Waltz’s character in DJANGO UNCHAINED 56 pages in is the best character in QT’s history. no spoiler in that. just when i knew
[/quote]

I’m very excited to hear more about the script.

Who do you think is gonna be in the title role since Jackson is probably too old for it, is Will Smith the only “younger” black star in Hollywood now? There were some rumors a few months ago that Chris Tucker will play in the next Tarantino movie, that would be a typical out-of-the-blue Quentin casting, maybe he could even pull it off 'cause he doesn’t look goofy any more (don’t know about his voice):

But in that case they would have to cast some big names for the villains or supporting roles to draw in the crowd…

[quote=“Dead Zed”]Who do you think is gonna be in the title role since Jackson is probably too old for it, is Will Smith the only “younger” black star in Hollywood now? There were some rumors a few months ago that Chris Tucker will play in the next Tarantino movie, that would be a typical out-of-the-blue Quentin casting, maybe he could even pull it off 'cause he doesn’t look goofy any more (don’t know about his voice):

But in that case they would have to cast some big names for the villains or supporting roles to draw in the crowd…[/quote]

Maybe you’re right, i could imagine them (Waltz and Tucker) having a similar relation to the one between Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, but i’m seriously hoping he doesn’t cast a comedian in this role. Cuba Gooding Jr. could be a good pick for the part and it would also be QTs typical out-of-the-blue casting, because his career has taken a bad direction in the last years, altough he had some major hits in the 90s.

I havent read the script yet so I can’t say, but I could imagine Tucker being too old…

I would rather it be someone we don’t know too well, rather than a ‘big name star’. Quality is always better than quantity. Chris Tucker, I agree is too old, Will Smith, forget it, too main stream.

I want QT to do what he does best. Introduce us to amazing talent we have either overlooked or didn’t know was there. i.e. Waltz.

[quote=“roulette67”]I would rather it be someone we don’t know too well, rather than a ‘big name star’. Quality is always better than quantity. Chris Tucker, I agree is too old, Will Smith, forget it, too main stream.

I want QT to do what he does best. Introduce us to amazing talent we have either overlooked or didn’t know was there. i.e. Waltz.[/quote]

I think the same, the best would be a not known actor discovered like Waltz. I hope that it won’t be as difficult as Waltz but as good as that choice!!