Is an IB Franchise a Good Idea?

I read about this on men.style.com in an interview with Harvey Weinstein, and he said that there could be an IB miniseries, a prequel, etc. Now, I’m already hyped up enough about the movie to begin with, but a prequel and a miniseries? Who knows, it might be a good idea, might not. What does everyone think?

Read the interview at:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors … id=typepad”>http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2009/06/harvey-weinsteins-war-on-error.html?mbid=typepad</LINK_TEXT>

If Hitler is portrayed as a supervillian and the movie /series / whatever has a catchy recognizable theme song, then a franchise is a good idea.

The HBO WW II series that Spielberg produced was a big hit, I saw a few episodes myself, and it was pretty damn good. I just couldn’t keep up with the time slots so I eventually lost track of the storyline.

Its gonna happen, just after the Kill Bill Prequel and Anime and stuff… oh and Vega Brothers, but then… its gonna hapen, i swear!

Honestly, dont get too excited, there is to much talking of stuff which never happens, lets pray that we will never see a 6 year QT-break again, but i dont see any QT movie beeing a franchise.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
The HBO WW II series that Spielberg produced was a big hit, I saw a few episodes myself, and it was pretty damn good. I just couldn’t keep up with the time slots so I eventually lost track of the storyline.
[/quote]

The two would be completely different.

the mini series was only considered because quentin had writen so much stuff, that it couldnt fit in one movie…but now he has made the decision to make this movie, and one or two more if this one becomes sucessful…its not a matter of trying to create a franchise, its just that quentin is looking for the best way to tell the whole story, wich is very big

so, as now he has opted for the movie-form…i dont think theres any plan to make a minisseries anymore…

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
[/quote]

Band of Brother is sure a very good series. You should watch every episodes again. You won’t get disappointed.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Band of Brother is sure a very good series. You should watch every episodes again. You won’t get disappointed.
[/quote]

BOB was alright, it felt a little bit too much like it was capitalizing on Saving Private Ryan’s success.

However! There is a new Bandish series coming out that takes place in the Pacific and one of the consulting writers was George Pelecanos who wrote numerous episodes of The Wire and is a great novelist. So I will be tuning into that one.

if it happens, QT will write and direct everything it’s a good idea. 2/3 war films and then 2/3 westerns by QT and my life will be complete.

[quote=“F.W.”]
BOB was alright, it felt a little bit too much like it was capitalizing on Saving Private Ryan’s success.
[/quote]

Very much true, it’s the same crew btw, that’s why you got the same cinematography, handshake camera and so on. But I guess I loved Saving Private Ryan enough to get the pleasure extended in a mini-series. But I get what you mean, I think a lot of people felt the same.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Very much true, it’s the same crew btw, that’s why you got the same cinematography, handshake camera and so on. But I guess I loved Saving Private Ryan enough to get the pleasure extended in a mini-series. But I get what you mean, I think a lot of people felt the same.
[/quote]

Yeah, I hated SPR so it didn’t really work for me. Doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to this Pacific theater version.