A Oscar For Waltz?

Last year Heath Ledger’s immortal portrait of villan The Joker won an oscar. Will Waltz do the same?

Is he worth it?

I will not have an opinion until i have seen the movie.

The Oscars are so political… We’ll just have to see what pops up later in the year and where the buzz is and Waltz plays a Nazi. I don’t care how good his performance is there will be a lot of voters who will have a tough time giving an Oscar to someone who plays a Nazi unless that Nazi switches sides

I dont think so.

Respect for you banner Cyd.

On the subject at hand, I think a Best Supporting Actor nomination, if the buzz continues. But I highly doubt that too.

If he dies before the ceremony by killing himself or something, he might get a chance. But it’s not 100% sure, so I wouldn’t recommend it to him. How foolish would he look like if it doesn’t work?

[quote=“nublob”]
The Oscars are so political… We’ll just have to see what pops up later in the year and where the buzz is and Waltz plays a Nazi. I don’t care how good his performance is there will be a lot of voters who will have a tough time giving an Oscar to someone who plays a Nazi unless that Nazi switches sides
[/quote]

Granted it’s was in a Spielberg flick (coughoverrated moviecough) but Ralph Fiennes did get an Oscar nomination for Schindler’s List and he was a son of a fucking bitch Nazi. Who knows what’ll happen. Then again fuck the Oscars so who gives a rats ass?!

I’ve just been reading a huge book about the Oscar’s history from it’s inception to the 91st awards. It really devalues those things in such a big way to read about the bullshit that went on and why some flicks won over others.

And Bio, there’s some cool stuff in there about Bette Davis…

[quote=“Pinkman”]
If he dies before the ceremony by killing himself or something, he might get a chance.[/quote]

Or if he’s as good as the late Heath Ledger was in The Dark Knight as The Joker, he might get a chance.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
Respect for you banner Cyd.[/quote]

Thank you