Christoph Waltz wins Best Actor at Cannes

Just in…

he deserves it…he definately deserves it…

best screenplay goes to spring fever…

AWRIGHT!! Congrats to CHRISTOPH!!

And cheers to QT for writing such an amazing character!

All is well in the galaxy!

- YouTube

I guess he won’t do TV shows for the time coming…

Pass the champagne and lets all toast the newest Tarantino film star: Christoph Waltz!

PROST!!

no palme’ for QT but whatever… i’ll love him with or without that dustcatcher…

I think there will be an Academy Award for the new film version. The costumes alone will garner a nomination, and the screenplay I suspect will be nominated. I can’t comment on Best Picture or Best Director since I have not yet seen the film.

Well done Christoph and well done Quentin for writing/directing the award winning performance.

Fantastic news. Some good press for IB!! There’s a lot to be said for this considering, yeah Pulp Fiction won the Golden Palm, but didn’t win best actor :stuck_out_tongue:

Palme d’Or: “The White Ribbon,â€

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I think there will be an Academy Award for the new film version. The costumes alone will garner a nomination, and the screenplay I suspect will be nominated. I can’t comment on Best Picture or Best Director since I have not yet seen the film.
[/quote]

Here Here. Maybe QT will win an Oscar for Best Film or Best Director since he lost at Cannes to…whatever the film was that Ill probably never even watch.

[quote=“bastard0988”]

Palme d’Or: “The White Ribbon,â€

when QT says IB is a masterpiece i take that for grant

QT and his decision for Fahrenheit 9/11 is also not that what i expected…well…that’s the game

So what if his efforts were unavailing at the Cannes Film Festival, I admire the fact that he was able to edit a rough cut in such little time and enter the film into competition, that is a remarkable feat to accomplish in such little time. And if in fact the rough cut received moderate to high praises, it could only mean the finished product will be nothing less than remarkable. So, until we wait this August, I think we will find the film to be nothing less than a complete success.

[quote=“Tini”]
PROST!!

no palme’ for QT but whatever… i’ll love him with or without that dustcatcher…
[/quote]

If i know correctly, at cannes one film can have only one of three big awards after a change made recently… So after Waltz had a award, Tarantino could not have the big one.

For Haneke, Huppert could be an advantage but jury is a this kind of jury anyway…

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
So what if his efforts were unavailing at the Cannes Film Festival, I admire the fact that he was able to edit a rough cut in such little time and enter the film into competition, that is a remarkable feat to accomplish in such little time. And if in fact the rough cut received moderate to high praises, it could only mean the finished product will be nothing less than remarkable. So, until we wait this August, I think we will find the film to be nothing less than a complete success.
[/quote]

plus: the best reviews i read came from great and smart film critics…

Thought Haneke was going to win as he was getting alright reviews as opposed to awful ones. I like his movies so I’m pleased-ish.

[quote=“Turk”]
If i know correctly, at cannes one film can have only one of three big awards after a change made recently… So after Waltz had a award, Tarantino would not have the big one.
[/quote]

i think a film can still get the palme d’or and a price for the actors.

i remember in 91, before the changes, Barton Fink received: best actor, best director, and the palme d’or or smg… (Roman Polanski was president of the jury)