Basterds: Cult / Classic / Contrib. to QT legacy?

Hey everybody,

With the upcoming release of Inglorious Basterds I was wondering whether Tarantino can still be considered a cult film director? Interested to hear your thoughts…

from the trailers, images, and details released about this film so far, do you think it will become a cult classic like jackie brown, pulp fiction, and reservoir dogs?

Ha. The second question this morning: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p#msg252223”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,9822.msg252223/topicseen.html#msg252223</LINK_TEXT>

I think it’s too early to be thinking about stuff like that. Don’t think anyone can answer it at this point. If it’s as good as those films, then it’s likely, if it’s not, then it’s unlikely. That’s the best I can do. :slight_smile:

We should just wait until we start hearing about the movie after it screens. That will give us an idea about where the film stands in regards to his previous work. I can say right now I know that its going to be better than Death Proof. I guarantee it. IBs much bigger and has alot more going on in it to start and it sounds like its one of QTs best screenplays. Even people who arent big QT fans have said that.

Yes. This film will be better than anything you have ever seen. Now stop asking stupid questions and eat your dinner young man!

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Yes. This film will be better than anything you have ever seen. Now stop asking stupid questions and eat your dinner young man!
[/quote]

LOL!

One thing I want to know is, if Death Proof got a 20 minute standing ovation and thats not even considered one of his best movies. If IB is in fact a masterpiece, how long will the audience clap? an hour?

depends on your definition of a “cult film” probably

I always thought cult films were films that developed from a small following. Under appreciated the first time round like Rocky Horror, Donnie Darko etc

^^ Yep, that’s basically what they are.

If it develops a cult following, its a cult film. Doesnt matter if its under the radar or a big hit.

Roger Corman is a cult director, though he jump started the careers of many great people like Jack Nicholson and Marty Scorsese, just to name a few.

Cormans one of the best directors of all time too. He made some really great low budget films and he was a master of promoting and selling films.