Maggie Cheung

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:v_ … clnk&gl=uk”>http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:v_S2_TDys9QJ:www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/maggie-cheung-regrets-not-starring-with-pitt-in-new-tarantino-flick_100120913.html+maggie+cheung+quentin+tarantino+interview&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk</LINK_TEXT>

without giving ANY spoilers what’s her character like?

Silly cow. She’s working with the most important part of any Tarantino movie. Quentin!

Pretty nice to have at least a real confirmation from Maggie Cheung.

It says on IMDB that she is playing the role of Madame?!

Her scenes can’t be cut out since she is the sole purpose that Shosanna inherits the cinema, and teaches her about film and how to operate it. Like nitrate film which is now out of use of course; was highly flammable, and the flames can NEVER be put out once ignited. It can only be put out momentarily before it combusts again and destroys the entire film print. See I learned that from Madame as well. :angel:

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

spoilerbasterd you

my baaaaaaad!

Seems The Playlist has given a very defendable explanation of why there’s few chances Maggie’s back in the new cut. Since it’s a spoiling one I ain’t gonna link it.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Silly cow. She’s working with the most important part of any Tarantino movie. Quentin!
[/quote]

OH MY GOD! THERE’S A TOPIC FOR MAGGIE CHEUNG! HAHA ;D

Here’s the theory (two of them) I’ve been concocting since I first heard she wasn’t going to be in the movie:

1. Her part will in fact be in the movie but instead of scenes it will be exclusively in flash back form.

or

2. She won’t appear in the movie at all and it will stick more to Tarantino form by that there’ll be answers first questions later, in a piece of dialogue or a flashback, bringing us back to theory number one.

or

It’s something else I havn’t even thought of.

[quote=“LT. Ordell Rodriguez”]
It’s something else I havn’t even thought of.
[/quote]

Unless anything is added or subtracted from what was in the Cannes cut regarding Madame Mimieux, she is mentioned but never seen.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Unless anything is added or subtracted from what was in the Cannes cut regarding Madame Mimieux, she is mentioned but never seen.
[/quote]

So I was right! ;D

Shosanna (remembering): Madame Mimieux was a tough broad who ran this theater, she took me in after I fled my home. Taught me everything I know about movies…

Enter The Dragon-esque flashback (in kung fu dubbing but in French language)

Madam Mimieux (pointing thumb behind her): So you rike to operate movie projector heh?

Shosanna: Yes maam.

Madame Mimieux (pointing to Shosanna): hahahahaha! You bastard! You’ll never operate a projector in my cinema!

Shosanna gets visibly angry

cue funky Blaxploitation track

Shosanna and Madam Mimieux circle each other and face off (Madame throws her mink coat off)

Madame: Lets see your Nouvelle Vague match my German Expressionism! If you can hit me with one strike, I’ll consider you working here!

Shosanna: Hmmph! (shakes off dirt)

HAHA! Like the Bride before she was the Bride and Pai-Mai facing off!