Diane Kruger

without giving any SPOILERS, what’s diane kruger’s character like?

never seen any of her films - is she a good actress or just a pretty face?

Her good acting will come out in Tarantino I find, though she’s nothing too special and just a pretty face. I’ve seen her only in Troy and National Treasure. Both pretty terrible films but she was perfect as Helen of Troy. Not so much in the latter which was REALLY bad, Troy was okay.

Her character in IB doesn’t appear for too long, as far as the first draft of the script is concerned anyways, but she certainly has a pivotal role and next to Shosana the biggest female role in the whole film.

And yea, she’s gorgeous. Did I mention that already?

I would say she is a competent actress definitely not on par with someone like Angelina Jolie or Streep. She doesn’t set the screen on fire. She’s beautiful but she seems to kind of melt into the background whenever I see her on screen. She doesn’t seem to have charisma or that indefinable something that makes you want to look at her or notice her. QT I’m sure saw something and maybe he can bring that out in her performance. She does look like those old 30s 40s actresses. She reminds me of Carole Lombard

[quote=“nublob”]
definitely not on par with someone like Angelina Jolie or Streep.[/quote]

Why put someone as world class as Streep in the same sentence as One Trick Pony Jolie? Bizarre. Especially when there are better actresses out there who can be mentioned in the same sentence as Steep, like Ellen Burstyn, Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Amy Ryan, Tilda Swinton, Naomi Watts, Hillary Swank, Michelle Williams. But I suppose some actresses get more ‘face’ coverage in the tabloids… it can cloud a person’s judgement.

In answer to the op’s question, I’ve never seen Diane in anything to judge.

Yep, Jolie is very sexy but that’s all, she’s not that good of an actress, and I’d even say she has no talent at all.

Kruger has got only shitty roles since her debut, so that’s hard to know. But she apparently succeeded at the audition, because that’s how she got the part. She admitted in an interview that it’s the first time she had to win the part. lol, hollywood is fucked up, really. So who knows, we’ll see.

My mind isn’t clouded by the tabloids. I avoid them like the plague. I think Jolie is a good actress and has proven herself in a number of movies like Gia and Girl Interrupted and the Changeling. Is she crazy? Yes Is she sexy? A matter of opinion. Personally She has a beautiful face but i think her body looks like a crack ho’s body. Sexy ick Good actress yes I argue

Ever since Girl, Interrupted, I’ve seen something in Jolie, that a lot of other people don’t. I just think she’s too aware of when the camera is on her. She can’t lose herself in a role and lately she is getting more and stiff. I know Winona Ryder is that movie too, and she really is a terrible actress.

][quote=“Stiglitz”]
Her good acting will come out in Tarantino I find, though she’s nothing too special and just a pretty face. I’ve seen her only in Troy and National Treasure. Both pretty terrible films but she was perfect as Helen of Troy. Not so much in the latter which was REALLY bad, Troy was okay.

Her character in IB doesn’t appear for too long, as far as the first draft of the script is concerned anyways, but she certainly has a pivotal role and next to Shosana the biggest female role in the whole film.

And yea, she’s gorgeous. Did I mention that already?
[/quote]

She was “okay” in Troy. Troy was a good movie, not Wolfgang’s best picture but he redeemed my confidence with the Directors Cut of that flick. Which on Blu Ray is quite simplly, fantastic. I challenge you to watch the Director’s Cut. Hector and Achilles were great characters to watch in a “real events” type of setting, although I’d prefer a more “Clash of the Titans” take of the story I was able to appreciate the flick.

As far as National Treasure goes, I thought it was okay/average “Disney” adventure flick. However, Kruger was horrifying to watch. She spent most the movie complaining, sputtering weak sauce lines sounding like a 5 year old that wants their toy back. She is definitely a pretty face though. Not sure how she’d work with QT’s dialogue, cause quite frankly, I’ve yet to see/hear anything fromt he movie.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Why put someone as world class as Streep in the same sentence as One Trick Pony Jolie? Bizarre. Especially when there are better actresses out there who can be mentioned in the same sentence as Steep, like Ellen Burstyn, Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Amy Ryan, Tilda Swinton, Naomi Watts, Hillary Swank, Michelle Williams. But I suppose some actresses get more ‘face’ coverage in the tabloids… it can cloud a person’s judgement.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

Me either. Guess that’s a testament to the interest I have in any films she’s been in. Most I’ve seen of her on screen was the quick shot in the IB promo, haha.

You haven’t missed much, don’t worry :wink: