Things that could ruin Inglourious Basterds

Weeks away from the countdown I worry about one thing and one thing only.

Over exposure. It happens a hell of a lot lately. Movies getting to much play that people just don’t care anymore.

That;s my fear

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Over exposure. It happens a hell of a lot lately. Movies getting to much play that people just don’t care anymore.

[/quote]

This only applies if u aren’t committed. A) all this over exposure should add fuel to your fan base fire. And B) if A isn’t the case, then one should be commited enough to have the self control not to look at spoilers and what have you.

I, as an example, fall under A. It’s frankly a treat to me.

With a movie like Inglourious Basterds the more teasers roll during commercials, posters I see in stores, and spots I hear on the radio the better. Talk about pumping me up. But I’d prefer the movie do well and they not overexpose the flick. Quentin is one of those rare artists (although I don’t like that word, sounds pretentious) that has managed to be as commercially successful as he is critically. I’d like to see it continue.

Brad Pitt

[quote=“Cyd”]
Brad Pitt
[/quote]

;D

[quote=“Cyd”]
Brad Pitt
[/quote]

I don’t think so.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Brad Pitt
[/quote]

Brad Pitt is a plus. If the film does really well, he’s a contributing factor. But, I’m kind of interested in hearing your views. Who would you have rather played Aldo Raine?

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Brad Pitt is a plus. If the film does really well, he’s a contributing factor. But, I’m kind of interested in hearing your views. Who would you have rather played Aldo Raine?
[/quote]

Michael Madsen

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]
Michael Madsen
[/quote]

When was the last time Madsen carried a whole movie on his shoulders? He would have been good as a supporting character, like he always was in QT films. But as the main star? I don’t think so.

I don’t think so either. Brad Pitten will be perfect as Aldo Raine.

[quote=“Scarface”]
When was the last time Madsen carried a whole movie on his shoulders? He would have been good as a supporting character, like he always was in QT films. But as the main star? I don’t think so.
[/quote]

Totally agree. He’s too old, and too stiff to play Raine, I doubt he could have been believeable as the eccentric LT.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Who would you have rather played Aldo Raine?
[/quote]

An actor.

[quote=“Cyd”]
An actor.
[/quote]

Well, that’s just a hell of a constructive idea. Why didn’t Quentin think of that? An Actor? You are a visionary.

Brad Pitt’s celebrity highlights a movie better than his acting skills. That’s all I’m saying on the matter.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Brad Pitt’s celebrity highlights a movie better than his acting skills. That’s all I’m saying on the matter.
[/quote]

Yes, and that’s a shame. But you make it sound like it’s his fault.

I thought about it the other day, a guy like Woody Harrelson could have made a good alternative for Aldo Raine, but I’m happy with Pitt, he’s one of the best actors among the movie stars, and Tarantino seems to share my opinion.

Frankly, nothing can ruin this movie, except Tarantino himself, which I sincerly doubt, and maybe some jerks who read the script and spread over the web major spoilers. But since a Tarantino movie is not about the plot, but mood and style, it doesn’t hurt that much.

Woody would be 10 times better. He was good in No Country For Old Men.

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

are you being negative just for the fun of it or what? why don’t you wait until you’ve actually seen the movie?

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

Woody had a small, smart alecky, far more conservative part. He overacts if you ask me. I hated him for most of Natural Born Killers, only liked him for like the last third of the film.