The Gold Watch

wouldent that be fucking awesome if it was mention in the movie HAHAHA

[quote=“Dman 23”]
wouldent that be fucking awesome if it was mention in the movie HAHAHA
[/quote]

Yeah! Tarantino should have included that.

and Christopher Walken would’ve been a cool entry as a brief character too

I hate “Punchy”, I hope he dies in an upcomming Tarantino flick.

it’d rock if aldo raines or one of the basterds is the one wearing the gold watch and nobody mentions it, just another part of the character that no one really bothers bringing up.

It’d be kind of moot if it was included. We know exactly what happens and exactly where it ends, in terms of the watch.

oh shit, it was made by the first place to make wrist watches wasn’t it? Think it’d be cool to have something from his flicks that spreads through history all the way to WWII, the gold watch is the only thing I could think of. Kind of like the Big Kahuna mention in Death Proof from Pulp, just 75 years apart.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
oh shit, it was made by the first place to make wrist watches wasn’t it? Think it’d be cool to have something from his flicks that spreads through history all the way to WWII, the gold watch is the only thing I could think of. Kind of like the Big Kahuna mention in Death Proof from Pulp, just 75 years apart.
[/quote]

What’s funny was when I read this, I initially thought, “Big Kahuna reference in DP?? What are you talking about?” Almost immediately after, I realized what part you were taking about haha.

Wait, what universe does this movie take place in? I know Pulp Fiction takes place in the “Realer than Real” universe, and if that is the case what would be the main reason to include the watch if IB takes place in the “Movie-Movie” universe. Of course, I’m not talking about the references of to Red Apple cigarettes like in Pulp fiction and the like. Because in those cases the references didn’t drive the narrative forward. Big Kahuna and Red Apple can be placed in either setting because they are know names, while the Gold Watch was Butch’s story and no one out of the story knows the journey of that watch.

Now, I think that if he does include the watch, he would reference it visually but it wouldn’t be on a character that would add on to the story of “The watch”. Just an ode to other tarantino stories. The only other way would be to include the Watch is for a main character to tell a different (but similar) story about the watch. and then…(I hope your following me)

Maybe Tarantino would imply that the story isn’t unique. Maybe, Walkens character saw the movie and stole the story and was using it to con single mothers with children out of government compensation checks. Now that would be a cool twist. :stuck_out_tongue:

End Rant, lol

I believe it takes place in the Realer than Real universe so Christopher Walken wouldn’t have seen the movie.

I don’t know if the watch would work at all. If there’s any references at all to something from his other flicks it’ll probably be to something different. Noir Fiction pointed out that the watches story is told from beginning to end in Pulp so it’d be kind of pointless for it to be in there.

If there is a watch it could be a different watch that comes form the same shop that Butch’s comes from, think that’d be a little cooler.

This universe stuff…i dont think they follow time lines as many of you think

DP, PT and KB are in the Movie-Movie universe, and they certainly dont follow a time line.

PT takes place between the events of DP (after the death of first group, but before Mike dies in part 2, u can hear in PT Jungle Julia died.) So in the time of DPs 2nd half, america should be flooded with zombies and nearly no living people, and if u consider KB is after DPs 2nd half (jasper is alive) i really cant see PT and KB in one timeline because if it was one u had the same problem with DPs 2nd half… no humans, just zombies.

So QT can just throw in the watch with another hostory than Pulp, because although the movies reference each other they make no chronological sense.

The actions in DP happen before the Planet Terror chemical incident begins. One major clue would be the scene with Dakota and McGraw in the hospital. I assume it was morning since she’s on call (overnight) the next day.

So when you hear the “RIP Jungle Julia” comment on the radio the events of the 1st half of DP have already happened. The 2nd segment to DP takes place way after the PT incident.

Thats what i mean… so after the PT incident the whole usa are filled with zombies in PT, but 2nd part of DP should be after PT…which is impossible, so i think PT doesnt affect DP.

[quote=“bobbylight17”]
I hate “Punchy”, I hope he dies in an upcomming Tarantino flick.
[/quote]I dont like him, either. Neither his wife.

DP doesnt take place in the movie-movie universe Its the Realer Than Real World Universe. Its stuff that could happen. Yes, there are stuntcars like Mikes. Yes, there can be car chases. Its not like Kill Bill crazy comic book stuff with peoples blood spraying out like fire hoses. Bride jumping 20 feet in the air etc.

[quote=“Pete”]
DP doesnt take place in the movie-movie universe Its the Realer Than Real World Universe. Its stuff that could happen. Yes, there are stuntcars like Mikes. Yes, there can be car chases. Its not like Kill Bill crazy comic book stuff with peoples blood spraying out like fire hoses. Bride jumping 20 feet in the air etc.
[/quote]

That’s what I thought too, makes sense, but then I read somewhere that it wasn’t. I’m gonna try and find it again.

There has to be certain kinds of heightened circumstances that place in in that universe. DP has none. Stuntman Mike even references Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, White Line Fever etc. The Movie Movie Universe also wouldnt have movie marquees for Scary Movie 4 and Wolf Creek. Those are in our reality.

Your right, my bad, read it wrong. i was right the first time.

So you guys think although PT and KB share multiple characters with DP they arent in the same universe?

No, because Planet Terror is a Rodriguez movie universe film. Its not QTs film universe. They just happened to put Dakota and The Babysitter Twins in both films. Those three characters are Robert’s creation not QTs. So they dont count.

Sheriff McGraw and his son can jump from one Universe to the other. Theyre the only ones besides The Wolf (another movie movie character as stated by QT) that can do that in his films.