Scalping in WW II?

No, this is not a why is there scalping in a WW II movie topic, it’s more of a “hey that’s a neat idea”, where did Quentin conjure up such a heinous act of violence topic.

Most films that contain scalpings are westerns of course, and I think THE most famous scalping was done by John Wayne as Ethan in The Searchers, when he scalps “Scar” the Comanche warlord. The actual scalping is never actually shown in the film but the initiation of it is. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any scalpings in any WW II movie or any actual accounts of it in real life, there were a few in Vietnam but not WW II. So besides The Searchers what other GOOD films contain acts of scalping human beings?

I doubt there are many. I’ve never seen it but maybe Robert Aldrich’s “Apache” I’ve been meaning to see it, though I hear it’s bad as hell.

Nurse Betty.

Never seen that before either, and I like how he explained it in the interview. Another aspect I’ve found interesting is his idea about “cinema fighting nazis, literaly”. All this little details add something special to the movie, so it’s cool.

There is a scalping in the film maniac.

[quote=“Jjp”]
There is a scalping in the film maniac.
[/quote]

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that, but I dont think it was as well known in the movie, script wise as in The Searchers. Still thanks for refreshing my memory of the scene.

QT can still think of original ideas I’m sure he can!!

Correct me if i’m wrong, but Didnt Beatrix take off O-Ren’s scalp in Kill Bill with a katana sword?

[quote=“me”]
Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that, but I dont think it was as well known in the movie, script wise as in The Searchers. Still thanks for refreshing my memory of the scene.
[/quote]
yea no one makes them better than savini though. [quote=“me”]
Correct me if i’m wrong, but Didnt Beatrix take off O-Ren’s scalp in Kill Bill with a katana sword?
[/quote]
Yep not sure if that is considered an actual scalping though.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea no one makes them better than savini though. [/quote]

True. If you rewatch the scene you can see the knife bend :wink:

The scalping in Nurse Betty was brilliant. In fact that whole movie was.