Official Posters!

Hello? Anybody awake? Why the fuck isn’t this up yet?!

Here’s the one all over the net!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://themovingpicture.net/inglourious … ser-poster”>http://themovingpicture.net/inglourious-basterds-teaser-poster</LINK_TEXT>

And here’s THREE BADASS POSTERS at…

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=24245

Nice!!!

Not what I was expecting. The second one of the trio looks like the artwork of an Eli Roth movie.

This one is not bad

This one is too much like Hostel

Those look bumping, not posters I would expect from QT. Roth must have been also creating those, because there is certainly some sort of Hostel mood in those. Not a bad thing at all.

I don’t like the one with the knife. At all.

splatastic

very menacing

love the baseball image best one of the lot almost iconic - the moody sky one bit dumb - other two trying to hard but that’s my own opinion

nice use of the props - agree reminds me hostel a bit - instruments of retribution instead of torture

initial publicity - can’t reveal to much

tag line should change to

on grey day in europe …

The one with the knife is my favorite. Kinda reminds me of the first Kill Bill Vol. 1 poster.

The one with the bat is super cool too.

I like. 8)

I like them. It would have been really cool if they do the final poster in the style of all the posters in the film (you know, the vintage stuff).

Like this one: http://www.totalfilm.com/media/19664.

Hey why isin’t this on the front page? Seb, get off that train and get to it.

I have a new wallpaper for my laptop.

The knife one is the best. Good stuff!

[quote=“Scarface”]
The one with the knife is my favorite. Kinda reminds me of the first Kill Bill Vol. 1 poster.

[/quote]

Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought.

I love how you can almost feel the texture of that nazi rag. Also liking QT’s own handwriting on the rifle handle. The bat one with the helmet reminds me of Full Metal Jacket. Some great posters there, loving the style.

All that sounds cool. Yeah baby

cool posters, but is it a horror movie?

The last one is awesome! I like the one with the bat too!

i really like the posters, all that blood and stuff…

Also, there was thing all those years ago that he may call the film “Once Upon a Time in Nazi Occupied France” or certainly have that as the sub-title. At the time, I was drooling at that prospect because I was obsessed with Leone’s films of a similar name, and of course he also named RR’s third Mariachi film for him in a similar vein. Inglourious Basterds (when spoken) is also a very cool title, so he has it best of both worlds now. I’m quite surprised the “Once Upon a Time…” has stuck, but I’m really glad it has.

I can imagine the IB DVD having a number of sleeves to choose from, and the difficulty in choosing a certain sleeve ;D

I dont like the knife one because I think it just glamorizes knife culture. As a Londonder, knives have ripped apart the community I live in. That particular poster is a bit too graphic. However, the one with the bat and the helmet gets my vote as the best one.

[quote=“Cyd”]
I dont like the knife one because I think it just glamorizes knife culture. As a Londonder, knives have ripped apart the community I live in. That particular poster is a bit too graphic. However, the one with the bat and the helmet gets my vote as the best one.
[/quote]

I can appreciate that.

Since I’ve been staring at all of them for the past 15 minutes, the rifle one is my favourite. I love that it has Quentin’s handwritten Inglourious Basterds on it.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Since I’ve been staring at all of them for the past 15 minutes, the rifle one is my favourite. I love that it has Quentin’s handwritten Inglourious Basterds on it.
[/quote]

That’s my favourite too. The rifle with the handwriting, really cool. Don’t like the knife with the Nazi rag one. Too “300” or “Rambo” style.

So they did go with the plain idea for the teaser then… not bad, the fake red one was more effective I think, but at least it’s not crammed with irrelevant stuff. Or I guess that’s just the promo!