How are you going to watch this the first time?

This is the most important film to come out in 5 years, so there has to be some special way you’re going to see it the first time.

Me, I’m going to get to the theater in San Antonio as early as possible to watch it alone, with (hopefully) not a packed house. I’m going to take in every moment with the pure admiration and appreciation it deserves. Then I will drive to Austin to meet my mate JB so we can go see it together.

I love JB so much, but I just don’t want to see it the first time with anyone else. I like to go it alone.

Anyone else ritualistic about this, or are you just going to treat it like any other movie?

well id watch it alone too, but i live in croatia atm and they sub stuff in croatian here, and since i dont speak french that wudnt be too nice, so me and my friends are actually plannin on going to london for a weekend during the summer, just to see the movie ;D

I have almost masterminded the whole premier day for me.

October 2nd is Friday so I think I have nothing special on that day. I will go watch it alone so I can get everything out of that damn movie perfectly. I guess that there’s not so much beholders that night, because this is Finland and QT is not so big star here. That will be best day of my life I think. Nothing can go wrong.

I’ll watch it alone the first time, accompanied by my then full-grown upper-lip mustache.

After the movie the girls will say I look like Brad Pitt and want to sleep with me.

The next day I leave a note saying “A Basterd’s work is never done, sorry hun” and sneak out, watch the movie again at all three showings. In the evening, I pick up another girl.

Repeat three times.

Alone. I love my friends to death, but they can ruin a movie with gusto. Watched Michael Clayton with them and they spent the whole time tossing popcorn at an elderly couple. If the movie’s good enough, I’ll return with my friends so I can enjoy it with company. Second viewings for a QT film should be mandatory anyway.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
“A Basterd’s work is never done, sorry hun”
[/quote]

hilarious! :smiley:

I’m just going to sit in a chair, keep my eyes open and watch it. Unless there is a new novel way of watching a movie.

[quote=“Cyd”]
I’m just going to sit in a chair, keep my eyes open and watch it. Unless there is a new novel way of watching a movie.
[/quote]

your soul is as black as the night. Are you a vampire?

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
If the movie’s good enough
[/quote]

Haha, good one!!

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

If I had said that, you’d have been on my case. But well done.

I’m surprised that all of you want to go watch this alone. Going to the cinema is largely a social thing around here, I have hardly seen anyone go to the cinema by themself except one time when my friend from uni went to watch Death Proof by himself for the first time.

The film is released in the summer here, so I will probably go with my brother to watch it and might bring my dad along too. If it’s going to be the greatest thing I have ever seen, It’ll be better to have my dad there. One thing I won’t be doing is going with a certain group of my friends who will no doubt ruin the experience for me (either by shouting talking during the film, throwing popcorn around and fighting each other - which is what happened when I went to watch Volume 2).

I have only ever seen 3 films twice at the cinema - Revenge of the Sith, The Departed and Death Proof. IB will most definitely be the 4th.

[quote=“Ify”]
If I had said that, you’d have been on my case. But well done.[/quote]

That’s because you don’t know how to do snark without sounding like a tit…

I’ll watch it sportin’ a 'stache, Aldo Raine style

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

And you do? HAHAHAHAHA! It’s funny cos it’s a valid question.

[quote=“Cyd”]
[/quote]

Did you not read Kenneth’s reply?

You’ve gotta be a real nerd to go and see a film in the cinema alone. No one does that here unless you’ve no friends or a creep, maybe it’s different in other countries ;D

I’ll be lucky if I can persuade any friends of mine to go see it after Death Proof. Mind you I’ll probably have to be persuaded myself come the time…unless I really feel it’s going to be magnificent.

I’ll probably end up going with all my buddys who love QT as much as I do, that’s the way it usually goes.

watching a movie is not a social event for me. Watching a new Tarantino movie should be a magical expierience, and I don’t need any of my friends or any other halfwit assholes to ruin that expierience. I will drive all the way to our great capital Vienna to watch it

1. in english 2. without the load of halfwit assholes that inhabit my home city.

Somebody actually laughed when Uma found out she lost the baby. I’ll never have that again.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Mind you I’ll probably have to be persuaded myself come the time…unless I really feel it’s going to be magnificent.
[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me? you need to be convinced to watch Tarantino’s new movie?

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
Are you fucking kidding me? you need to be convinced to watch Tarantino’s new movie?
[/quote]

In the cinema, sir, in the cinema. I rarely go to the cinema anyway. I leave everything for DVD. However if this gets raves reviews there’ll be no stopping me.

Oh, ok. Still, waiting for it to come out on DVD, that’d be like sitting on needles to me.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I’ll watch it sportin’ a 'stache, Aldo Raine style
[/quote]

Don’t do it! You’re German…and let’s not forget Hitler who has a simialr stache…just sayin’.

[quote=“Kinick”]
You’ve gotta be a real nerd to go and see a film in the cinema alone.[/quote]

Are you one of those people who can’t do things for yourself without someone holding your hand…

It’s a shame… you don’t need your friends to help enjoy watching a movie, unless you plan on throwing popcorn and ruining the movie for other people.