Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Bob Rock
Kiddo

Re: Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Post by Bob Rock » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 am

Since we're on the issue of comics, I read somewhere, I think on AICN, that Tarantino made some comments about the Watchmen adaptation at the US screening of IB. anyone knows anything more about that?
Oh, and, you go, Seba!
When Enkidu heard this pronouncement of Ishtar,
he wrenched off the Bull's hindquarter and flung it in her face:
"If I could only get at you I would do the same to you!
I would drape his innards over your arms!"

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 am

I don't. But I'm curious now!

Dutch_Masta
Real McCoy

Post by Dutch_Masta » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:24 am

I bought the Watchmen Blu Ray and I beleive that the movie was much better on a second viewing. I think the reason why I was kind of "Ehh..." about it after I saw it in theaters was because I never owned the graphic novel, and I was expecting soemthing completely different than what I saw. So yeah, It's in the 8.5/9 area for me right now. I still need to dive into the special features hough. I'd like to hear what QT thought about it.
Cpt tonyanthony wrote: I love Galactus too. Kirby was great. I'm getting the Omnibus editions of his Fourth World series right now, a little expensive, but it worths it.

But I don't think I know Apocalypse and Unicron. They're from the X-Men? I've never really read this book, even though I wanted to be Nightcrawler when I was a kid, ahah.
Yeah, Kirby and Stan Lee really had imaginations beyond my comprehension when they thought of Galactus. The whole "demi-God" and unstoppable force mythos that's the basis behind these characters really is just incredible. Lovecraft was doing similar themes before, but I think that Kirby and Lee really made it fit into their universe well.

Yeah, Apocalypse is from X-Men. He's one of if not the oldest mutant on Earth and he's immortal. He's pretty much invincible and is extremely wise. He can also expand to HUGE sizes at will and take almost any form. He's kind of like the X-Men's Galactus, although not at all as powerful.

Unicron is the Transformer's version of Ego from Thor. Just a huge moving force that can destroy anything it wants pretty much. I know Unicron has many different versions but he more than likely portrayed as a giant-planet sized robot with no alliance with good or bad.

They are always above the petty "human" conflict that takes place and treat humans like insects who they know they can crush at any moment if they get in their way. Pretty bold move to put characters like this in comic books.

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:37 pm

I really thought that Snyder did a great job on Watchmen. I hated 300, so I wasn't expecting much. There were only a few stuff I didn't like (the sex scene).

Yeah, Kirky and Stan Lee had an amazing force of ideas together. Apparently, their relationship didn't end in really terms though.
I once read  6 pages story written and drawn by Kirby about he and Stan Lee working together. It was pretty funny and was like my favorite comic book in the world when I was 8.

pretty cool coincidende: my girlfriend went home today with a Silver Surfer t-shirt for me. beats me, sometimes all is great with the world ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Amazon has put up the first part of the Inglourious Basterds screenplay on the screenplay page as a PDF. Includes the introduction that's supposed to be included. I don't know if it'll make it into the book but at the head of the document is QT's hand scribed cover page. Be a cool touch if they put it in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031607 ... 0316070351
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 pm

I just entered a radio contest to win tickets to the Toronto premiere with QT in attendance. I'm hopeful I win. If not I'll shake down my connections and do anything to get inside! But don't worry, I don't have any intentions to blow up the basket.

Wait a minute...basket? Bastard? Bastard from a basket? ALLUSION.
Three little devils came over the wall, chopped off their heads and murdered them all.

Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Post by Stiglitz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:29 am

I just saw the first TV spot for IB on TV and i don't think i've seen this one before!

It featured the usual clips of Aldo talking to his men, Shosana cocking the gun, Landa showing his jazz hands move.....BUUUUUUUUTTT.....it also featured an excerpt from the bar scene where Stiglitz has his gun on Hellstrom's (August Diehl) groin and says "Say auf weidezein to your Nazi balls"

have we posted this one here? I don't remember it.

Bear-Jew
Cowardly Lion

Post by Bear-Jew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am

Stiglitz wrote:BUUUUUUUUTTT.....it also featured an excerpt from the bar scene where Stiglitz has his gun on Hellstrom's (August Diehl) groin and says "Say auf weidezein to your Nazi balls"

it`s spelled say auf wiedersehen to your nazi balls
A Basterds work is never done...!

Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Post by Stiglitz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Bear-Jew wrote: it`s spelled say auf wiedersehen to your nazi balls
all right, did you see the tv spot or not?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:58 pm

I will post my report from the premiere later, with some pictures. It was a friggin blast, my friends!

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm

awesome! How is the movie?
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 pm

that's awesome. awesome to the max 8)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Sebastian wrote: I will post my report from the premiere later, with some pictures. It was a friggin blast, my friends!
You know how to get folks excited !! Can't wait to read and see everything you got for us !

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Cpt tonyanthony wrote: that's awesome. awesome to the max 8)
TTM!
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 pm

here's some pictures also  http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,abild4m1/le ... lder/ 

here's what i posted on flixter, a preliminary mini review: "A masterfully crafted, detailed and overwhelming epic, telling a story of how cinema saves the world. Inglourious Basterds is not the action film the advertising might let you think, it's a dialog- and character-driven adventure into Quentin Tarantio's pastell-colored version of World War II. It has some very strong scenes, an amazing finish and a multi-national and multi-lingual (the movie sports 4 languages!) cast, and great music! Might not be for everyone, but if you love cinema, like Tarantino does, this will put tears in your eyes. Tears of joy " 4/5 stars

again, this is preliminary, i am already working on a full review and i might rethink my star rating

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm

RatQuiRit wrote: TTM!
What does it mean??

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Cpt tonyanthony wrote: ?????
It's the abreviation of To The Max. It didn't last long but every kid said it 1000 times a day on internet a few years ago :D

Like : roflmaopimpttm meant rolling on the floor laughing my ass off while pissing in my pants to the max

It doesn't even make sense!

i guess it's my way of saying I'm very excited too, and looking forward to Sebichon's opinion!
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Sebastian wrote: here's some pictures also  http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,abild4m1/le ... lder/ 

here's what i posted on flixter, a preliminary mini review: "A masterfully crafted, detailed and overwhelming epic, telling a story of how cinema saves the world. Inglourious Basterds is not the action film the advertising might let you think, it's a dialog- and character-driven adventure into Quentin Tarantio's pastell-colored version of World War II. It has some very strong scenes, an amazing finish and a multi-national and multi-lingual (the movie sports 4 languages!) cast, and great music! Might not be for everyone, but if you love cinema, like Tarantino does, this will put tears in your eyes. Tears of joy " 4/5 stars

again, this is preliminary, i am already working on a full review and i might rethink my star rating
Did you check the songs!!?
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

RatQuiRit wrote: Like : roflmaopimpttm meant rolling on the floor laughing my ass off while pissing in my pants to the max
AHahah. I never remember how to write roflmao blablablabla. So funny. TTM !! Can you then say "TTSDM" ? To the SUper Dupper Maximum ? Aahaha ;D

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 pm

WTHDYCUWTS?!!

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Pete wrote: WTHDYCUWTS?!!
Why The Hell Do You Constantly Use WAOOOOOOHOUUU  To Scream ??

;D

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 pm

RatQuiRit wrote: It's the abreviation of To The Max. It didn't last long but every kid said it 1000 times a day on internet a few years ago :D

Like : roflmaopimpttm meant rolling on the floor laughing my ass off while pissing in my pants to the max

It doesn't even make sense!

i guess it's my way of saying I'm very excited too, and looking forward to Sebichon's opinion!
oh ok! i took it from an episode of Futurama. a yuppie from the 80s who time traveled says it 8)

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 pm

cyber-lili wrote: Why The Hell Do You Constantly Use WAOOOOOOHOUUU  To Scream ??

;D
Close! its: Where The Hell Do You Come Up With This Stuff?!! :)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Pete wrote: Close! its: Where The Hell Do You Come Up With This Stuff?!! :)
Damn, I should have found it myself !! I suck for such stuff...

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:41 pm

Sebastian wrote: here's some pictures also  http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,abild4m1/le ... lder/ 

Awwwwesomme!  That fucking Death Proof shirt.  That fucking Death Proof shirt.  That fucking shirt. 

We should take up a collection to buy QT some new shirts.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 pm

didnt check the songs. when i watched it in the morning i didnt sit through the closing credits, and at the premiere, i sat too far away and had other things in mind than checking the songs :P

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Sebastian wrote: didnt check the songs. when i watched it in the morning i didnt sit through the closing credits, and at the premiere, i sat too far away and had other things in mind than checking the songs :P
Mama Mia! Now i have to do it!
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:57 pm

ok first exclusive content, not very awesome, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxYQSj4ogc

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Sebastian wrote: ok first exclusive content, not very awesome, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxYQSj4ogc
It felt like you were nine feet tall, the way you held the camera.  Other than that, it's really cool that you were there!
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 am

Looks like IB was a blast. Thanks for the links Seb.