Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Re: Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

Post by Stiglitz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:07 pm

I'll still post some questions, but i don't know if it's too late:

For QT:

Did Brad Pitt's hilarious performance in True Romance surface at all during your conversation/persuasion with him for the role of Aldo Raine?

How serious are you about the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair DVD and be honest?

Do you think there's any chance of seeing the deleted footage from IB (like the Donny flashback, or Madame Mimieaux) on a DVD release or are you keeping it for a possible prequel?

For Kruger:

What is one quality that you found in Brigite Von Hammersmack that you would like to have or strengthen in yourself?

How many of those vintage Hammersmack posters did you get to take home?

Did your character teach you anything about the glamor or myth of the celebrity?

For Chris Waltz:

Do you think this film could compete on the same level as any other Third Reich films in terms of important historical theories or questions or do you think it's pure imaginative entertainment?

For Til Schweiger:

If you had the choice to play one character from a previous Tarantino film, who would it be?

Which Basterd would you have a coffee with and why?

For August Deihl:

How difficult or easy was shooting the La Louisanne scene and are you surprised that even before the film's theatrical release date it's being labeled as a classic scene already?

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: I've always wondered if QT even liked Sci-Fi.  I don't think he does.  But I like that first question anyway.

This is late, I know but he does. He casted Kurt Russell in Death Proof citing Snake Plissken. Also, I'm pretty sure he really likes John Carpenter's cinema so he must like sci-fi. Maybe not enough to make it but he must.
Three little devils came over the wall, chopped off their heads and murdered them all.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:40 pm

k that's it, no more questions

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Sebastian wrote: we'll see... i'll sit through the closing credits
No no, I don't think the songs gonna be on the CD. It's not on the track listing.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 pm

why would you trust that tracklisting? it could still change

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Sebastian wrote: why would you trust that tracklisting? it could still change
That's why I said I don't think it's gonna be on the soundtrack. Could happen, but all the sites selling the CD that I checked don't have that song listed.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 pm

haha yeah but none of those stores actually have the CD yet :)

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 am

I'd imagine when they're gonna sell a product that they would get some information about that product from the people providing said product, say the tracks that are gonna be included?

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: I've always wondered if QT even liked Sci-Fi.  I don't think he does.  But I like that first question anyway.
I know QT was inspired by Goke,Body Snatcher From Hell that he even used the same color of the sky in Kill Bill. So I think he does like sci-fi.

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph ... .281968.29
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:20 am

Am I correct in thinking that in order for a film to be considered "sci-fi", it should represent something that could be possible once Earthly science reaches that "whatever" level of sophistication?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

F.W.
Fucking Professional

Post by F.W. » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:29 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Am I correct in thinking that in order for a film to be considered "sci-fi", it should represent something that could be possible once Earthly science reaches that "whatever" level of sophistication?

Science-fiction isn't that specific...
Three little devils came over the wall, chopped off their heads and murdered them all.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:35 am

I've always felt that sci-fi stood more for the unknown or unexplained. For a better definition of Sci Fi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction

...Back to the topic

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 am

me wrote: I've always felt that sci-fi stood more for the unknown or unexplained. For a better definition of Sci Fi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction

...Back to the topic
You can't just say "back to the topic", and not offer a segway back to it.

And Wikipedia is shit.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 am

Just saying we should get back on topic plus I had nothing interesting to add ;)

Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Post by Movie_Villain » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 am

hey Seb, I know you said no more questions..but ask QT what he thinks of all these superhero movies..like if he enjoys them and whatnot..ive heard him talk about comics as if he likes them, Ive always wondered which comics he likes or has read in the past
"Hunger! Empty bellies! THAT'S the sense it makes ya blanket head!" - John Wayne in the Searchers

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:18 am

Movie_Villain wrote: hey Seb, I know you said no more questions..but ask QT what he thinks of all these superhero movies..like if he enjoys them and whatnot..ive heard him talk about comics as if he likes them, Ive always wondered which comics he likes or has read in the past
Luke Cage and Master of Kung-fu!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 am

Movie_Villain wrote: hey Seb, I know you said no more questions..but ask QT what he thinks of all these superhero movies..like if he enjoys them and whatnot..ive heard him talk about comics as if he likes them, Ive always wondered which comics he likes or has read in the past
he's said in a recent interview that he loved superman and will write a huge review of it. so that would answer your question. and have you seen True Romance? :) or Reservoir Dogs? comic book superhero references a plenty

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 am

he even invented a comic book character for Reservoir Dogs: Kamikaze Cowboy.

QT: (...) I loved comic books. I was really into comic books. And, hands down, my favorite comic book in the mid-70s when it came out, was Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu, which was sort of like the Kung-Fu comic book. It was really great. But my favorite hero, the hero I wanted to be, was Luke Cage, Hero for Hire, which was basically the Blaxploitation comic book. [Luke Cage] later became Power Man, but in the beginning he was, like, the black super hero. I collected comic books and it was kind of cool, because back then if you lived in the suburb or if you lived in a project, it didn't matter, you probably had about six kids in the general area that collected comic books. You could literally go to the kid's house and never having met him and bring your comic books with you, knock on his door, and you open the door, 'hi, my name is Quentin, are you Ken? I heard you collect comic books. I collect comic books too. Can I see your collection and I will show you mine?' 'Oh yeah, come on in.' It was a ritual. You show out yours, you have your best ones, and you lay them out and everything and you kind of look at them. And then he would lay out his and you'd look at them and go 'ooh and ahh' about your stuff and maybe you'd talk about trading. You could literally go into a kid's house you never knew before and start a friendship. You're happy that someone cares. You are happy to show them. So I did that, but the entire time I remember it was like 'Why do you like Luke Cage? He's black. Why do you like Luke Cage?' Black kids 'Why do you like Luke Cage. He's black.' I wasn't allowed to have Luke Cage be my favorite character. That wasn't allowed. That wasn't made for you. It can't be your favorite character. Only to grow up and find out that Nick Cage took his name from Luke Cage. His name is Nicolas Coppola. And when I found that out I went 'Oh my God, how cool!"

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph ... terdayland

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:36 am

"Master of Kung-Fu" That was a great comic! Whoa, what a great comic book quote from QT. Thanks

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:45 am

I love Master of Kung fu too! I kinda collect them. I could make a t-shirt out of every single cover of that serie. i love those old 70s Marvel comics. My favorite is Iron Fist.

Seb: one last question!! Very important: was Sgt Fury an influence in IB (in True Romance, Clarence says it's his favorite comic book ever)? and what about E.C. comics from the 50s like Frontline Combat or Two-Fisted Tales?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 am

ok I wrote down the sgt fury question.... but now let me finish packing. I'll be back on wednesday with a fistful of answers

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 am

you is the man 8)

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 am

Cpt tonyanthony wrote: I love Master of Kung fu too! I kinda collect them. I could make a t-shirt out of every single cover of that serie. i love those old 70s Marvel comics. My favorite is Iron Fist.
I think the 70's were the best time for Marvel. Great stories, great comics etc. Iron Fist was exceptional.

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 am

the concept is amazing and the stories were great, which was not always the case with Luke Cage. Even if I enjoy the Iron Fist & Power Man serie, I think it's far from being as good as the original Iron Fist. Have you read the new serie that came up a couple of years ago?

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:15 am

Cpt tonyanthony wrote: the concept is amazing and the stories were great, which was not always the case with Luke Cage. Even if I enjoy the Iron Fist & Power Man serie, I think it's far from being as good as the original Iron Fist. Have you read the new serie that came up a couple of years ago?
Sorry, missed it.. : ( I'm really behind in my comics. The original Iron Fist was great too. Wow, I miss quality comics.

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am

:D Making the purchase. Thanx

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Sebastian wrote: haha yeah but none of those stores actually have the CD yet :)
I have looked around and i don't think anybody really knows what tracks will be on the cd.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Dutch_Masta
Real McCoy

Post by Dutch_Masta » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 pm

I freakin' LOVE Iron Fist. One of my favorite comic books of all time.

I got into Marvel (X-Men and Iron Man) in the late 80's and early 90's so I'm prone to liking that material by default. Stuff like the Phoenix saga (which was murdered on screen recently) really captured my imagination.

It was also  a great time for comics because it dealt a lot with humanity and the importance of teamwork.

Characters like Apocalypse, Unicron, and Galactus always interested me. Just the fact they could potentially destroy the planet or univese at will just always made me think beyond the page. especially when they were explained in a very "Lovecraftian" context.

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:25 pm

I love Galactus too. Kirby was great. I'm getting the Omnibus editions of his Fourth World series right now, a little expensive, but it worths it.

But I don't think I know Apocalypse and Unicron. They're from the X-Men? I've never really read this book, even though I wanted to be Nightcrawler when I was a kid, ahah.

btw, back in Cannes in 1992, QT told to a couple of French journalists that his dream was to adapt Luke Cage.