Is Quentin fooling us?

i mean…this screenplay that is on the internet; we know for sure for quite some time now that it is the real deal…

but, have any of u ever tought about the possibility of that having been leaked on purpose by Quentin himself, and being actually a discarded version of the story? I mean, tarantino wrote hundreds of pages for this movie, and we know that he had doubts about how to end the movie…so he could have made a diferent version of the screenplay and putted it on the internet just to fool us…

i think he could do it (sorry about any bad english here; im brazilian…)

[quote=“moura”]
i mean…this screenplay that is on the internet; we know for sure for quite some time now that it is the real deal…

but, have any of u ever tought about the possibility of that having been leaked on purpose by Quentin himself, and being actually a discarded version of the story? I mean, tarantino wrote hundreds of pages for this movie, and we know that he had doubts about how to end the movie…so he could have made a diferent version of the screenplay and putted it on the internet just to fool us…

i think he could do it (sorry about any bad english here; im brazilian…)

[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhh…

A haunting revelation!

But the same characters were casted. I think not…

I mean, it might well be that what we’ll see on screen is not exactly word for word of what was on THAT script that we (or at least some of us) read. But it seems pretty certain that it’s this story more or less. look at the pictures, the quotes, the characters, the sets…

Exactly. For example on my banner you see Shosanna with an ax, and in the script that is mentioned. I will not say what scene because of spoilers.

Your banner…

Ahah, there are really some tricky users. I’d have never thought QT would have leaked a false script to fool us. And Seb is right, you might not see every scenes or hear every dialogues from the script you read but that doesn’t mean, the script wasn’t the right one.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I mean, it might well be that what we’ll see on screen is not exactly word for word of what was on THAT script that we (or at least some of us) read. But it seems pretty certain that it’s this story more or less. look at the pictures, the quotes, the characters, the sets…
[/quote]

Maybe that’s all part of the conspiracy too. Getting Brad and co. film stuff for the “fake” script, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

NO, no, no,…u guys didnt get it

i didnt said that the story wasnt that one…and im not concerned with the obvious presence of dialogue diferences

im saying; what about if the ending isnt this one that we see in the screenplay? as i said, quentin was having trouble finding an ending (u can see him saying this in some interviews…so he probably had diferent options in his mind on how to end the movie) what if he is tricking us into believing that the movie really ends the way that is discribed in the screenplay, but then surprises us when we actually see the movie? not that i havent liked the ending that is in the screenplay…

i dont think this seems so impossible…improbable, maybe…but i would not be so surprised.

[quote=“moura”]
NO, no, no,…u guys didnt get it

i didnt said that the story wasnt that one…and im not concerned with the obvious presence of dialogue diferences

im saying; what about if the ending isnt this one that we see in the screenplay? as i said, quentin was having trouble finding an ending (u can see him saying this in some interviews…so he probably had diferent options in his mind on how to end the movie) what if he is tricking us into believing that the movie really ends the way that is discribed in the screenplay, but then surprises us when we actually see the movie? not that i havent liked the ending that is in the screenplay…

i dont think this seems so impossible…improbable, maybe…but i would not be so surprised.
[/quote]

Yeah, but you didn’t say anything about just changing the ending.

I’m sure the script’s what it is. Of course there’s a possibility it could vary somewhat (Kill Bill’s ending was changed during shooting) but I don’t think he’s got hidden material ready to pull out that turns the piece around drastically.

the way in which this screenplay was leaked imediately after he finished writing it, and how the Weinstein Company didnt take too long to confirm that it was real (and the actual use of the handwriting that is present on the cover of the screenplay, on the back of a jacket that tarantino is using in some of the set pics; it seemed to me like they were try to legitimate as much as possible this screenplay)…it all seemed very suspicious to me

so im not saying that the story isnt this one, im just saying that it could be a diferent “version”…and of course we will know that for sure in august

Yeah, endings often change during the shooting, or the editing process (to prove it to you, see all the alternative endings on dvds extras). But it’s not a choice of the director to fool net users and give them wrong scripts.

"but I don’t think he’s got hidden material ready to pull out that turns the piece around drastically"

he certainly could have…he wrote 800 hundred or so freaking pages of this thing! (or at least so they say)

hehe but anyway, i just believe it isnt impossible…

But then again, any film could do that. And if they wanted it to seem less suspicious then they would have printed actual titles instead of QT’s handwriting.

well, i seem the only one to have perceived that as suspicious…most other people took that as a confirmation of the validity of that screenplay, what could be exactly what they were trying to do…hehe ( its really easy to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist hehe)

i PRAY for major changes. i dont think he changed too much though, coz of the accelerated schedule and all u know, but since i already read a few big parts of the script i really hope for changes. i really regret reading it now :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry watched some INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS kill over a hundred Nazis in Germany!

HA! “has changed excessively”…i wasnt so crazy after all :slight_smile:

The final chapter changed excessively… :o Its MORE violent how could it be more violent? That last scene is one of the most violent things I’ve ever read…

Yeah, and maybe it WAS leaked on purpose. Maybe QT used the people that read it for research, to see what we’d say and how we’d react. Conspiracy.

I didn’t think it was that violent. I just hope it isn’t going to be another House of the Blue Leaves finale… that’d be a bit too excessive, haha.

I guess I should say the last chapter is the most violent thing I’ve ever read All of it together…