Originally going to be Old Men on a Misson Film?

Do you guys remember how it was going to be a men on a mission film with, loads of quality old actors (such as Madsen)? Any idea on why Tarantin changed his mind?

[quote=“NonStop”]
Do you guys remember how it was going to be a men on a mission film with, loads of quality old actors (such as Madsen)? Any idea on why Tarantin changed his mind?
[/quote]

Probably the same reason as why he removed the last vowel in his name ;D

old men? where do you have that from? it’s still men on a mission though

Old men on a mission doesn’t sound quite right. It isn’t exactly a wise idea to send a bunch of people suffering from dementia and Parkinson’s on the most important mission during World War II.

[quote=“Ify”]
Probably the same reason as why he removed the last vowel in his name ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D Is it just me, or are you extra picky round this time of year, Ify?

He seen Paul Verhoeven’s “Black Book” in 2006 and re-wrote the entire men-on-a-mission story after a burst of inspiration. ;D

we’re missing the point here. nonstop, i dont think there was ever a plan to make this a movie with only old guys, or do you have a quote that i have forgotten?

Obviously he means “old” as in the old, classic sense…the old action greats of today etc. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis, Madsen, Keitel and whoever else was rumoured throughout the years. Not 70 and 80 year old men with walking sticks and breathing apparatus’s on a mission… although some of those are nearing that stage, haha. But as we know, the whole female empowerment theme has taken front seat in his films since Kill Bill.

[quote=“Geoi”]
;D ;D Is it just me, or are you extra picky round this time of year, Ify?
[/quote]

Don’t you mean “[color=red]around” ;D :smiley: ;D

[quote=“Sebastian”]
we’re missing the point here. nonstop, i dont think there was ever a plan to make this a movie with only old guys, or do you have a quote that i have forgotten?
[/quote]

Woah, didn’t think there were gonna be so many responses! Um, well that was the impression I got really early on, when there were talks of Madsen, Stallone, Willis etc as being the main characters?

Ya know, whatever happend to Madsen being in there? He was a confirmed actor for a long time, then poof.

I’m not dissing the change, but I was attracted to the old idea of a load of old guys on a men-on-a-mission film.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
old men? where do you have that from? it’s still men on a mission though
[/quote]

It is, but isn’t one of the main characters a woman?

[quote=“NonStop”]
Woah, didn’t think there were gonna be so many responses! Um, well that was the impression I got really early on, when there were talks of Madsen, Stallone, Willis etc as being the main characters?

Ya know, whatever happend to Madsen being in there? He was a confirmed actor for a long time, then poof.
[/quote]

talks. that’s all. nobody was ever confirmed for anything. i mean for most of the years nobody really knew anything substantial about this project.

[quote]
It is, but isn’t one of the main characters a woman?
[/quote]

so? there’s still men on a mission :wink:

[quote=“Kinick”]
Obviously he means “old” as in the old, classic sense…the old action greats of today
[/quote]

Obviously not.

[quote=“Ify”]
Obviously not.
[/quote]

How come?

[quote=“Kinick”]
How come?
[/quote]

Because he said so.

[quote=“Ify”]
Because he said so.
[/quote]

You mean this?:[quote=“NonStop”]I’m not dissing the change, but I was attracted to the old idea of a load of old guys on a men-on-a-mission film.[/quote]

Well he was mis-informed.

[quote=“Kinick”]
You mean this?:

Well he was mis-informed.
[/quote]

Or maybe you were.

Sorry, I’ve no idea what you’re on about.

[quote]talks. that’s all. nobody was ever confirmed for anything. i mean for most of the years nobody really knew anything substantial about this project.[/quote]

Oh, I know, but that idea must have been in QT’s head (the first question), and I wondered why he changed it (the second question). So my two questions still stand. ;D

[quote]so? there’s still men on a mission :wink:[/quote]

True, true, but I suppose how big the role is for this female character. I’m not anti the idea, just in my mind, a men on a mission film would be purely pretty much men on a mission with secondary female characters. A film which is largely men on a mission but has a main female role would be to my mind Guns of Navarone (don’t crucify me if I’m wrong, haven’t watched it in a very long time), and so I wouldn’t classify it as a men on a mission film per se, it just had that element in it.

[quote]Well he was mis-informed.[/quote]

Um, how?

[quote=“NonStop”]
Um, how?
[/quote]

Well, you thought the original idea was based around a bunch of elderly men (as in men, around 60 or 70) being sent on mission during WWII?

Or did you mean this?[quote]…“old” as in the old, classic sense…the old action greats of today etc. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis, Madsen, Keitel and whoever else was rumoured throughout the years…[/quote]

[quote]Well, you thought the original idea was based around a bunch of elderly men (as in men, around 60 or 70) being sent on mission during WWII?[/quote]

Wasn’t sure on age, but of a much older generation, and I wasn’t mistaken, obviously Tarantino was thinking about it. I never have said original idea.