Samuel L. Jackson....Narrator?

I don’t like this idea at all. I envisioned a British guy or something doing the narration. I mean Sam Jackson is a great actor, but he doesn’t exactly have the voice to narrate a picture. What do you guys think? Sam Jackson is a little too “ghetto” with his accent…or shouting. I’d use someone like pierce Brosnan…yeah, he has a cool voice.

Hmm… Maybe Morgan Freeman?

No! Morgan is all wrong, jeez. He’s done like a gazillion voice overs. I know! Barack Obama should narrate this!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Barack Obama should narrate this!
[/quote]
Great idea! ;D

"…But the sergent said -Yes, we can"

YES WE DID! YES WE DID! Man, I loved that speech. The first time I ever vote and it’s American history. Only in America!

I said it before, and I’ll say it again: Dig up Waylon Jennings and let him do the Narration:

“Well friends and neighbors, let’s all see how the Basterds are gonna get outta this one.”

“Them Nazi folks are slicker than snakes in barrel of grease.”

Actually the narration is eloquently written and for that reason, I think someone with a better voice should say them. Sam Jackson doesn’t have that.

Sam CAN have that though. He doesn’t have to say “motherfucker” every tenth word. And we don’t know exactly who’s telling the story yet, do we? I mean, there’s always a reason for everything, isn’t there?

I think it’s kinda cliché to only see the ghetto’s style of Samuel L. Jackson. Of course, he’s black and got a black voice. But for once that it’s not another white old man narrating a war movie, what should we complain about ? Sam got one of this very musical voice, and Tarantino has always said he loves that. When you hear him speaking for the radio in Do the Right Thing, he also has this narrator role in a way and it was AWESOME. Don’t tell me again “oh yeah but that ghetto style fits cause we’re speaking precisely of a ghetto”.

The most important things for a narrator is the voice and the way the narrator speaks. Sam Jackson got both : extraordinary voice, perfect phrasing.

We’ll see, Cyber. We’ll see. I want to make the news someday. I scratched out shooting up the mall a long time ago. I think I’ll camp outside the movie theatre and…oh, that’s stupid, sorry.

LOL, you’re a fucking nutcase Joshua! ;D ;D

I think Samuel L. Jackson has much more than just a ghetto voice. [quote=“Wikipedia”]Jackson also provided the voice of God for a New Testament audio book version of the Bible entitled The Bible Experience, which was released in November 2006. He was given the lead role because producers felt his deep, authoritative voice was perfect for the role.[/quote]IMO, he’s perfect for the voice-over in IB. I think it’s gonna be something really fresh, like Cyber said, at least it won’t be another old white guy.

I can´t understand why it had to be a white guy, where is it written??? If QT wants a black guy is completely understandable.

I think using Samuel L Jackson as narrator is a good idea too.

Sam Jackson needs to be in every QT movie, one way or another.

it’s the 11th commandment. plus, the man has been in too many shitty movies the last years

What? Snakes on a Plane was great! Even Jonathan Ross agrees with me. ;D

[quote=“Sebastian”]
it’s the 11th commandment. plus, the man has been in too many shitty movies the last years
[/quote]

He’s suffering from “Cuba Gooding Jr.” syndrome. Basically, he’s done so well that every mediocre film-maker thinks that if he puts him in the movie people will go to see it - and Jackson isn’t going to turn down easy money - and why should he?

beacuse he is better than that and he already has enough money to buy his own country. maybe the man just likes money, he has no aesthetic for film or maybe he just likes working like Adam Sandler. Who knows? But I don’t want Sam to narrate the flicko.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
beacuse he is better than that and he already has enough money to buy his own country. maybe the man just likes money, he has no aesthetic for film or maybe he just likes working like Adam Sandler. Who knows? But I don’t want Sam to narrate the flicko.
[/quote]
Showbusiness - key word being business. These guys don’t do it for their health my friend. he needs to make as much cash as possible - Why else would guys like Jimmy Page start a Led Zeppelin reunion tour? And let’s not forget some other notable actors who’ve done some shitty films:

Robert DeNiro and Dustin Hoffman - Meet the Fockers

Sean Connery - League of Extrodinary Gentlemen

Christopher Walken - Joe Dirt

Jack Nicholson - Anger Managment, Bucket List