Eli roth guest director?!

according to the latest news Eli Roth has been guest directing some of the action scenes for the new Inglourious basterds. At first i wasnt pleased, i would have really likened to see Tarantino’s take of the violence of war, but Eli has been quite graphic with his Hostel movies so now im not quite sure. how do others feel about him guest directing these scenes?

I don’t have that much of a problem with Roth directing. I didn’t like either of the Hostel movies but I did like Cabin Fever. Whatever Roth directs will have to be within the broad plot outline provided by QT and who knows how much of what Eli Roth directs will end up in the final movie

Read the front page news. He’s directing the movie-within-the-movie in Inglorious Bastards. All of which will probably feature around a minute or two (at most?) of footage in the final movie. Personally I coudn’t care; QT will have told him what to shoot…the behind the scenes and stills of his stuff look great anyway, although it’ll likely be cut up and whatnot by QT. I’m more concerned by the fact that he’s CAST in a main role in this movie!

Why doesn’t he let him re-write the script too while we’re at it? Or perhaps give him a part time job as a costume designer?

LOL! QT can direct half and Eli can do the other. why not? Its just a movie! What about turning the mini film into its own spinoff series? Yeah! Thats the ticket! :slight_smile:

looool! This is getting to be a habit with these guys? Roth directed a trailer in Grindhouse. Now he’s directing a movie maybe trailer for IB. Next Tarantino will be directing a trailer/mini movie for Roth’s next film and/or Robert Rodriguez’s next film and/or Edgar Wright’s next film. Then Rodriguez will be directing a mini movie for Wright’s next film on and on when will it end … movies within movies within movies… all connected… all related

I’d much rather he got Robert Rodriguez to film the movie-within-the-movie. It would be like Pulp Fiction, where RR directed the scenes with QT acting. Saying that, I don’t mind Roth doing that little segment, he ain’t that bad a director. As other have said, I’m more concerned about his acting talent, which I can’t really comment on much when it comes to IB as QT’s a marvel at getting the best out of someone.

Hostel was REALLY bad and REALLY cliché from the begining to the end. Eli Roth can’t be that bad cause he’s a technical director, he can brag with a camera but he’s not an artist. McDo ain’t bad but it’s only fast food well done but not as tasty as a real restaurant. Clear enough ?

I hate Eli Roth! I hope an Elephant sits on his ugly face, so he can’t leech off QT’s career…

[quote=“dandadub”]
according to the latest news Eli Roth has been guest directing some of the action scenes for the new Inglourious basterds. At first i wasnt pleased, i would have really likened to see Tarantino’s take of the violence of war, but Eli has been quite graphic with his Hostel movies so now im not quite sure. how do others feel about him guest directing these scenes?
[/quote]

Well first of all is there any web link to back up this outrageous statement. I don’t beleive QT’s dream project would fall into the hands of his best friend, Elizabeth Roth. Having him as an actor is one thing, but Eli directing a few scenes is downright outrageous. Eli is still young - for a director so…

[quote=“Ify”]
I’d much rather he got Robert Rodriguez to film the movie-within-the-movie. It would be like Pulp Fiction, where RR directed the scenes with QT acting. Saying that, I don’t mind Roth doing that little segment, he ain’t that bad a director. As other have said, I’m more concerned about his acting talent, which I can’t really comment on much when it comes to IB as QT’s a marvel at getting the best out of someone.
[/quote]

But this is QT’s dream project, he’s been writing this thing for over a decade, and for him to allow such things is unexpected. But that just shows you that the man is all about collaboration, it’s good to have that. I guess he sees Eli as his brother, and we all need that. C’mon…QT and Roth? Why not.

Hahaha! Just had an amusing thought. What if QT WANTS the “film within the film” to look like shit compared to his own movie, so he hired Eli to do it. LOL.

Sorry. I do not think Eli’s a bad director, at all. Though his movies aren’t on my top 10 list… Or top 100 list. I don’t think he’s not good at it.

yeah can we stop the bashing, you cant tell me eli roth cant direct, all things he’s done are pretty solid, tastes aside. i remember when everyone was drooling over werewolf women… so please…

I don’t know about anyone else, but I drool over werewolves anyway.

And yeah, I agree, Eli’s just fine as a director. You know what? He’s even a pretty good actor. I just can’t get past his “demon eyes”, as my best friend pointed out to me.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
yeah can we stop the bashing, you cant tell me eli roth cant direct, all things he’s done are pretty solid, tastes aside. i remember when everyone was drooling over werewolf women… so please…
[/quote]

I think you’re thinking about Rob Zombie.

Eli Roth sucks so much he puts a tit in very scene so as to distract you on how much of a shitty director he is.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Eli Roth sucks so much he puts a tit in very scene so as to distract you on how much of a shitty director he is.
[/quote]

Ahah, but so does Rob Zombie, doesn’t he ? At least, he puts his wife in every scene to distract us :stuck_out_tongue:

ooops, I meant THANKSGIVING trailer, not werewolf women… sorry

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I guess he sees Eli as his brother…[/quote]
No, I want this Robert to be! >:(

♥♥

:- :- :-*

topic:

You have to remind also, that this MovieWithinTheMovie is officially directed by J. Goebbels :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Cabin Fever is my favorite Eli film. That movie is alot of fun. And I did really like the Thanksgiving trailer. So if this mini film is just some quick clips, it should be fine.

That’s true why didn’t QT get Robert To do the film with in the film Like RR is my Idol but not to be dick but what is Robert doing that he couldn’t do it

but i guess Roth Will have to do LOL