Visiting the set of Inglourious Basterds

Hey guys

Me and two of my friends are absolute huge Tarantino fans, and we live in Denmark. Now Tarantino is in Germany filming his new movie, which I hope is going to be just as great as the other movies. We figured if it is possible that we would drive the 600 miles this weekend from Denmark to the set in Germany to watch Tarantino do his magic, if not close than on distance. Do anyone know if it is possible? And if there is anywhere we can be informed about where they are filming so we don’t drive to the wrong place.

Thanks!

It’s really high security, and it’s not common practice to allow random ocks onto the sets. Don’t you think that could be perceived as rude? You know, to hunt them down and watch them work. I’d be pretty pissed off if someone came to my workplace, uninvited, and stood around watching me work.

My advice is for you to save your money and gas. It would be a waisted trip.

Yeah allright, I don’t think you got me completely. I wasn’t talking about getting on to the set and be close to them. But watching them on a distance if they are filming outdoors as they did filming the first scene of the movie. Not bothering them, just standing on a distance, maybe long enough that we are gonna need binoculars to see it. Like when the press are taking photos of them.

Oh yeah, cos you gotta have a stalkers distance, otherwise you wouldn’t be very good at it(!)

[quote=“Ify”]
Oh yeah, cos you gotta have a stalkers distance, otherwise you wouldn’t be very good at it(!)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

No it is to not disturb him. And you have to realize, we get this chance once in a lifetime, and hell, there is a reason he has succes. Because of fans!!

[quote=“Hodde”]
No it is to not disturb him. And you have to realize, we get this chance once in a lifetime, and hell, there is a reason he has succes. Because of fans!!
[/quote]

Yeah, and there was me thinking it was his talent :-[

have you talked to Alex about this? he’s in Berlin already and he’s from Denmark. the guy from Fire-something Entertainment.

do you really want to drive 600 miles to play papparazzi? :wink:

Come on! It is not to play papparazzi, it is to see our favorite director in action. As I have tried to explain we will try everything we can not to disturb him. And it was just a simple question, so those comments about fisting and stuff, cut it out. How can I contact this guy who is there right now.

I was thinking of visiting Germany too. Just to breathe the same air with The Man! I didn’t have any expectations of watching the shooting(just hopes of meeting him by chance somewhere). It seems to be a really nice region so it’s a good place for holidays! But I happen to have a life in Greece and I couldn’t make it. Oktoberfest is over, possibilities of meeting Quentin are next to none…so I’ll visit Germany next year! But I’ll definitely go to Potsdam, it looks like such a relaxing and beautiful place(plus Quentin’s been there).

i drive by Lebanon (, Tennessee) fairly often, it’s a small town in between the cities of Nashville(where my dad lives) and Knoxville(where I live and Tarantino’s birth place) and i travel from one to the other a few times a year. I knew Death Proof was being filmed there and I toyed with the idea of going there and checking it out but it never happened. i don’t think it would be that exciting anyways. getting too close would be bothering him and being too far away you couldn’t really tell what’s going on.

Yes I know what you mean, but just to see him for a second would be great, and who knows maybe we will see him crossing the street in the nearby town.

he’s not in Berlin at the moment though. they are still shooting on different locations elsewhere

who was the weekend?? have you take lots of pictures?? did you see the water cannons???

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]
i drive by Lebanon (, Tennessee) fairly often, it’s a small town in between the cities of Nashville(where my dad lives) and Knoxville(where I live and Tarantino’s birth place) and i travel from one to the other a few times a year. I knew Death Proof was being filmed there and I toyed with the idea of going there and checking it out but it never happened. i don’t think it would be that exciting anyways. getting too close would be bothering him and being too far away you couldn’t really tell what’s going on.
[/quote]

Note: It was never filmed in Lebanon Tennesee. It was only shot in Austin Texas and California. QT used Austin and CA as Tennesee.

pete’s right.

@lujcancio. i was not at the set this weekend unfortunately. i hope to be there when they’re back in berlin

I said that because Hodde told as, I didn´t refer to you. :slight_smile:

are you going there?? it´s awesome!!! I really wanna see more peactures…

If WHEN Sebby goes, we’ll get the full report. ;D ;D ;D

Right?

bingo, geoi

Ok!! :slight_smile: