Inglourious Basterds Information Centre

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Inglourious Basterds Information Centre

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:14 am

*G* wrote: Name Change! Name Change! Name Change! :)
;D ;D ;D  Not until I see IB, with my own eyes, on the big screen... 
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: ;D ;D ;D  Not until I see IB, with my own eyes, on the big screen... 
Otay. :)

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

Didnt feel this was worthy enough for its own topic so i'll just post it here. IB Sneak Peek to air on August 6th: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/news#ni0907176

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:29 am

me wrote: Didnt feel this was worthy enough for its own topic so i'll just post it here. IB Sneak Peek to air on August 6th: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/news#ni0907176
Kool. I like that show.. Thanks for the heads up..

nonsse
Hard Drinker

Post by nonsse » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

On a Finnish cinema website, there is a Inglourious Basterds competion where you can win a t-shirt and a bag. Here's a link what they look like: http://81.22.160.163/files/gameimages/1 ... ec8529.jpg

The competion's only question goes in the following way:

"Which location and time does Inglourious Basterds place?

A. War time Germany
B. Nazi occupied France
C. England which is recovering from war"

Too easy. :D I hope I win.

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 pm

nonsse wrote: On a Finnish cinema website, there is a Inglourious Basterds competion where you can win a t-shirt and a bag. Here's a link what they look like: http://81.22.160.163/files/gameimages/1 ... ec8529.jpg

The competion's only question goes in the following way:

"Which location and time does Inglourious Basterds place?

A. War time Germany
B. Nazi occupied France
C. England which is recovering from war"

Too easy. :D I hope I win.
Link doesn't work...  >:(

nonsse
Hard Drinker

Post by nonsse » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 pm

roulette67 wrote: Link doesn't work...  >:(
It works fine to me =/

I uploaded it on imageshack, should work for all of you now:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4451/3b0cec8529.jpg

jpllx
Cowardly Lion

Post by jpllx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:02 am

Hey you guys you HAVE to check out this contest I just found. They are giving away tickets to the Toronto premier of Inglorious Bastards and Quentin is actually going to be there!!!
http://www.outtherewithmelissa.com/
;D

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:25 pm

okay so the movie is officially a success (approx 37 million US and 27 million international on opening weekend, which isnt over yet)

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Sebastian wrote:okay so the movie is officially a success (approx 37 million US and 27 million international on opening weekend, which isnt over yet)
Yeah don't they count Sunday too?

It's the biggest Tarantino opening by far at the domestic (U.S.A) B.O., and Sunday hasn't even ended yet. 8)

Looks like the Weinstein Co got their hit.

robertdiggs36
Real McCoy

Post by robertdiggs36 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm

I am so excited that it is a box office success not that it really matters, but just to shut the QT haters up.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:49 pm

it does matter. It ensures Tarantino his creative freedom.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 pm

CONGRATS TO QT & CO. ON HAVING THE NUMBER ONE FILM THIS WEEK!!! :D

Saw the film, LOVED IT. Im gonna see it again tomorrow.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Yep, its good for QT AND the Weinsteins.
It must be the most unconventional blockbuster I've ever seen haha
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 pm

From The Playlist
http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... itels.html

8/24/2009
'Basterds' Trivia: Harvey Keitel's Uncredited Voice Cameo, Adam Sandler Was Supposed To Play The Bear Jew

Two final-ish words on Quentin Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds" which did some impressive numbers this weekend and according to some, will completely salvage the Weinstein Company's woes despite the fact that TWC is splitting the profits in half with Universal.

As IFC's Matt Dentler said recently on Twitter, "At the end of the day, a Weinstein brothers comeback is good news for the specialty film business," which is totally true, and hopefully the case, but those popping the champagne corks seem to be on some premature happiness.

We digress. "Inglourious Basterds." Did you notice Harvey Keitel's uncredited cameo as the American O.S.S. operator who agrees to Col. Hans Landa's (Christoph Waltz) conditional terms of surrender to Brad Pitt's Aldo Raine character in the third act? We first noticed and noted this at Cannes, but then were 100% sure when we saw it a second time. Surprised no one has really mentioned it yet. We second-guessed ourselves for a second after screening two because Bo Svenson (from the original "Inglorious Bastards") has a final credit as American soldier, and we thought possibly it was him (were our ears totally wrong?), but then we realized that Svenson played an American soldier that was killed in Eli Roth's "Nation's Pride."

Speaking of Roth. Adam Sandler was once offered a role in 'Basterds,' last year, but had to turn it down because it conflicted with the "Funny People," shooting schedule. At the time it didn't really occur to us who he might play, but on further reflection it seems obvious. He was supposed to play Eli Roth's Donny "The Bear Jew" Donowitz character; he fits the build and description and there's no way Sandler would have played one of those lesser Basterd soldiers that get next to zero screen time.

"[Tarantino] said, originally, I'm thinking Adam Sandler would be great for this, and I thought it would be so great to see Sandler as a badass, beating Nazis to death," Roth told Esquire. "And I know he can really do the Boston accent. And I said, 'Quentin, did you know I had a baseball bat in my car growing up?' I mean, that's a real Boston thing. You have a baseball bat and most of the time you use it off the field. He said, 'No, I just thought of it.' It was just something that just came to him, something he was in tune with. Over the years, he had hung out with me enough and heard enough of my Boston stories, and he said, 'Now when I'm writing Donowitz I'm starting to hear your voice.' So he hinted that he was thinking about having me do it.' "

Well, Eli, it sounds like Quentin put the offer out to Sandler first, and then you got the gig. Sadly, we [ed. or I] totally would have preferred anyone but an obvious non-actor in the role (and ditch that Omar Doom kid as well).

Also considered for roles were:

- Simon Pegg was supposed to play Michael Fassbender's role of the British Lt. Archie Hicox, but had to drop out because of his "Star Trek" role (Fassbender originally auditioned for Col. Hans Landa, but Tarantino had already cast Christoph Waltz).
- Obviously Nastassja Kinski and David Krumholtz were said to be in talks for roles, but they never panned out. Update: Kinski was supposed to play Bridget von Hammersmark (it's in our original reporting, we're running too fast), which makes sense because Diane Kruger told the New York Times in a video interview that another actress was supposed to play the part. Who Krumholtz was supposed to play is just speculation, but our guess: PFC Hirschberg (that role eventually went to Samm Levine in a very downsized version of what it was on the original page, poor Levine).
- Catherine Deneuve apparently turned down the role of Madame Mimieux, as did Isabelle Huppert who was apparently up for the role and then quit-fired or something close to it, but the role went to Maggie Cheung and was cut out of the film regardless.
- We also heard from a very good source at Cannes that German actress Alexandra Maria Lara auditioned for Diane Kruger's role, but didn't get the part, obviously.

Most of our original casting picks are still our favorite (naturally), but we'll admit people like Michael Madsen and Tim Roth don't fit now with the younger age casting Quentin eventually went for, but obviously none of us knew that at the time.

Check out the original link to get links to other interviews/articles.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 pm

It's good to have The Playlist bookmarked.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Since I just come back from holidays for a few days, I wanted to catch up all thenews I missed on the website. They alway shave great stuff. And I'm reading all those news about IB. I'm posting them as I'm reading them. Hope you enjoyed it.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Not sure we had a topic for the misspelling title cause I didn't check out this section much before I saw the movie. I just remembered something like QT saying it wrote it so cause it's the way Brad Pitt pronounces it with his accent.

Bu there again, what The Playlist says about it :

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... title.html

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:09 pm

From The Playlist :

Melanie Laurent Laments Loss Of Maggie Cheung Sequences in 'Inglourious Basterds'; Explains The Missing Scenes
http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... aggie.html

The Cannes Cut vs The Final Cut
http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... ut-vs.html
Really interesting to read what added and deleted.

Remember Lee Donowitz (the awesome Saul Rubinek) in "True Romance"? The slimy Hollywood film producer of the fictional Vietnam war film, "Coming Home In A Body Bag"?

According to a Q&A last night with Quentin Tarantino in Austin, Texas, post-"Inglorious Basterds," screening, Eli Roths's character Sgt. Donny Donowitz is his father. Quentin obviously loves his universe character connections and you're probably aware of many of them. This is just the latest.

(Sorry if those posts have been posted already, it doesn't seem so though)

reenfoo
Cowardly Lion

Post by reenfoo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 am

yeah they must not show dis-respect to any country especially Europe :D
I have also not watched the movie yet. But, still i want to watch it so i can criticize more :p

peace out~

secmedsol
Cowardly Lion

Post by secmedsol » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

saw the movie for the first time last night. great flick. is that one character from the american version of the office (plays Ryan on the office) tv show. he looks just like him, if it's not him? I really enjoyed the movie, do you think there will be a follow up sequel

SimonPhilips
Cowardly Lion

Post by SimonPhilips » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 am

heheheh...right!

stazstaz11
Cowardly Lion

Post by stazstaz11 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Saw it the first weekend it came out and I'm still raving about it. It's one of those movies that is just so great that it sticks in your mind forever. Many people are criticizing it for being so forward, but that's exactly what he was going for! People need to start appreciating great movies when they see them :)

mikepaul
Cowardly Lion

Post by mikepaul » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 am

I love this movie, I've watched it 23 times already.

wburke1212
Cowardly Lion

Post by wburke1212 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 pm

I have been reading through a lot of the post here and one thing we have to remember is the the typical German soldier was not an evil person. He just had to follow order like any other soldier and a lot of them did not like what was going on but were afraid of being killed there selves. Now the officers on the other had, were just power hungry and did not care about anything but themselves and what they could profit from.
As for the guy who's picture is here...I think he has a great James Bond look...lol

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Fuck Off!

estes.adeline
Cowardly Lion

Post by estes.adeline » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 am

i was able to watch this. it was funny nad nice. hahaha

wiliamsmith4444
Cowardly Lion

Post by wiliamsmith4444 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 am

I think your misreading it. The article is basically saying that all the Germans in the film are evil, which puts the country in a bad light. I don't really agree with it, but that's what it says.

blogmaika
Cowardly Lion

Post by blogmaika » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:15 am

don't talk to much... if u just watch, u can change anything

offshoreaccount
Cowardly Lion

Post by offshoreaccount » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:31 am

Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino are facing a possible reaction to come to their Bastards World War II film Inglorious, which depicts violent attacks against German soldiers.

Tarantino remake of a 1978 Italian film - would Pitt stars as Lieutenant US Army who leads a group of American Jews fell into Nazi Europe in revenge.

A quote from the script leaks, obtained by The New York Post, reveals Pitt's character barking of the soldiers: "Every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps, and you all git (get) 100 Nazi scalps me, taken from 100 heads of dead Nazis, or die trying. "