The women of Inglorious Basterds

My casting picks for the laaaadies of IB.

SHOSANNA (CANDIDATES)

1. SCARLET JOHANSEN

2. OLIVIA THIRLBY

MADAME EMANUELLE MIMIEUX (OBVIOUS CHOICE)

3. MILLA JOVOVICH

I know she looks like a miilion bucks here. But just imagine her without the makeup…she is kick ass!

QT needs MillaJ 8)

my pick is still natalie… but since i haven’t read the script, i dont have a good understanding of what sort of actress the role might require, plus, natalie portman doesn’t like tarantino’s movies, but she’ll wake up sooner or later

I’ll repost my number one choice for Shosanna:

Tania Raymonde: Tania Raymonde - IMDb… She’s the perfect age, 20, is Jewish, speaks fluent French and is hot.

Olivia Thirbly and Natalie Portman would also be excellent choices… it NEEDS to be someone like this!

[quote=“Kinick”]
Tania Raymonde: She’s the perfect age, 20, is Jewish, speaks fluent French and is hot.
[/quote]

I agree.

Again, Tania Raymonde is an awesome choice. As is Milla Jovovich for Madame Mimieux, though I don’t think Milla speaks french.

My picks:

Shosanna:

Stephanie Sokolinski

Bridget Von Hammersmark:

How about Alexandra Maria Lara?

Shosanna doesnt sound like a sexy chick, shes basically a 40s film geek/refugee. Its gotta be a more scholarly looking girl. I think Kinick is on the right track with his choice.

I was just thinking, Once Upon A Time in The West had a main female character too (Jill McBain). IB aka Once Upon A Time in Nazi Occupied France has Shosanna.

oh ye claudia cardinale… but i dont think that has much to do with it, quentin had major female parts in his last three movies… but yeah there are many spaghetti western references, the opening scene reminds me so much of the scene in the good the bad and the ugly when angle eyes does what he knows best for the firt time , u know what i mean. its also a lot like when frank does what he knows best for the first time in once upon a time in the west ;D

Yeah Im sure its a mixture of alot of diff films. I just thought there was one similiarity there.

Tilda Swinton for Bridget

Whoa…

No, i think QT is on the right track of having Kinsky for Von Hammersmack.

Can’t think of anyone better than the adorable Natalie Portman who can act for Shosana

and Julie Dreyfuss for Madame Mimeaux

I agree on Julie too. But I want Tilda in this. She is one of my favourite actresses and a total loon.

Re: Julie. It would seem weird if he is writing a script, set in France, with a few French females, with one character called Julie and another with the surname Dreyfus… and he decided not to cast her as something. Be nice to see her in a movie with at least two arms :smiley:

Yeah, Kinksy definitely for Bridget. And Julie Dreyfuss wouldn’t go amiss either.

BTW, there’s a few good choices going around for Shosanna, I just hope QT picks one as good as, or better than, what’s been suggested since the script surfaced!

[quote=“Stiglitz”]

No, i think QT is on the right track of having Kinsky for Von Hammersmack.

[/quote]

YES!

Can’t think of anyone better than the adorable Natalie Portman who can act for Shosana

YES!

and Julie Dreyfuss for Madame Mimeaux

YES!

[quote=“Yasmin”]
Tilda Swinton for Bridget

[/quote]

PUKES

Milla Jovovich is perfect for Madame Mimeaux! She’s is so underrated as an actress. She has great potential, just look at her earlier work in Chaplin, she’s the best for that roll.

Milla’s ok, Im not a huge fan of hers. Ive seen better.

[quote=“Kinick”]
I’ll repost my number one choice for Shosanna:

Tania Raymonde: Tania Raymonde - IMDb… She’s the perfect age, 20, is Jewish, speaks fluent French and is hot.

Olivia Thirbly and Natalie Portman would also be excellent choices… it NEEDS to be someone like this!
[/quote]

She looks like a crackhead! And part of acting is learning something new guys -it’s all about the skill - I doubt QT will cast native French actors. There’s enough talent here in Hollywood

If she stopped doing disgustingly terrible movies maybe people could see her acting abilities.

Plus she looks too Eastern European for the role of Mimeaux

What about Amy Winehouse as Shosanna? She can smoke crack and beat up nazis.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Milla’s ok, Im not a huge fan of hers. Ive seen better.
[/quote]

Y’know there’s this actress by the name of Ingrid Bergamn, and I consider her the greatest actress ever. And I ask myself, who is the next Ingrid Bergman? And the answer is Milla Jovovich. Pete, I wish you could see more of her films and recognize her great potential.

Except the great late Ingrid Bergman would have never in her life allowed herself to be immortalized on celluloid on three Resident Evils. Never ever ever.