Do you think QT will make a reference to Dane Coolidge in IB?

I think it would be really cool if he were able to do that. problem is though that Dane fought in the Pacific theater, not the European, but still maybe one of the guys could mention him or have a lucky wrist watch or something like that.

I couldn’t care less. I’m not that obsessed with Pulp Fiction that I would get excited simply from a mention of a character that is also mentioned in it.

Yeah hes gonna have one scene in the movie just for The Gold Watch.

CUT TO (FOR NO REASON):

Dane Coolidge in Wake Island:

Dane: This is my daddys gold watch, its been passed down to me, its very important! take it to my wife please Winocki. Cuz I know Im going to die!

Winocki: Ive never met you before but I will deliver this here treasured gold watch to your wife and infant son.

Dane: Thank you Winocki!

Winocki: Youre welcome Dane! (winks at camera)

CUT BACK TO Nazi occupied France

There’s a reference to Winocki in the script. No mention of Dane Coolidge.

I just wanna see some Red Apple Cigarettes :stuck_out_tongue:)

Winocki is referenced in the script?! Damn. Wasnt expecting that.

Its Dane Coolidge, not Cooper.

Well there’s a character called Wicky and there’s a Nazi soldier role playing as Winnetou. That’s how i got confused because this is what i meant by referenced. Maybe it’s actually not.

So Winockis not in it then.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
Well there’s a character called Wicky and there’s a Nazi soldier role playing as Winnetou. That’s how i got confused because this is what i meant by referenced. Maybe it’s actually not.
[/quote]

Ah, I was thinking I never came across that reference. But yeah, I remember wondering about that after reading the Winnetou name.

Winnetou is an Indian character from books/movies. I think hes an Apache.

[quote]So Winockis not in it then[/quote]

Not in the script as it is now but I wouldn’t be surprised if he squeezed it in somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

Winnetou is a fictional Indian chief from writer Karl May (one of the most popular German writers of all time). Chief of the Apache is an obvious connection with Aldo Raine.

Thanks for that info on Winnetou! Didnt know that!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Yeah hes gonna have one scene in the movie just for The Gold Watch.

CUT TO (FOR NO REASON):

Dane Coolidge in Wake Island:

Dane: This is my daddys gold watch, its been passed down to me, its very important! take it to my wife please Winocki. Cuz I know Im going to die!

Winocki: Ive never met you before but I will deliver this here treasured gold watch to your wife and infant son.

Dane: Thank you Winocki!

Winocki: Youre welcome Dane! (winks at camera)

CUT BACK TO Nazi occupied France
[/quote]

lol! no I didn’t mean it like that. I was thinking just a slight nod. like one of the bastards mentioning him in a story from back home. “my good friend Dane Coolidge…” it wouldn’t be bringing up the whole story of the gold watch, just the mere mention of the name would suffice

Actually Aldo is from Tennesee and I think The Coolidge Family is too. Thats where Butch goes at the end of Pulp Fiction.

Of course, thats where QT was born, so it all ties together.

;D Pete, you should quit your day job and just start writing scripts.

the Dane Coolage idea is really cool. How about Dane Cook playing him?

[quote=“Geoi”]
;D Pete, you should quit your day job and just start writing scripts.
[/quote]

LOL!

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]
lol! no I didn’t mean it like that. I was thinking just a slight nod. like one of the bastards mentioning him in a story from back home. “my good friend Dane Coolidge…” it wouldn’t be bringing up the whole story of the gold watch, just the mere mention of the name would suffice
[/quote]

SGT. DONOWITZ (holding dried blood covered bat): …Yeah, Im gonna give this baseball bat to my son.

PFC UTIVITCH: Keen idea!

SGT DONOWITZ: Yeah I got the idea from a guy I met in basic. Dane Coolidge from Knoxville Tennesee. He has this Gold watch that his father passed down to him for good luck. Good guy. Hes a great boxer too.

PFC UTIVICH: Keen!

SGT DONOWITZ: Keen? You sound like fucking Shirley Temple or some shit. Stop saying that or you won’t be a Basterd much longer.

PFC UTIVICH frowns and goes back to eating his rations.

does anybody out there know the film refrence that the wake Island story cap’t Koons tells

in Pulp comes from?

Winocki was a character in Howard Hawks’ film Air Force.

true that. but not just a character. hes on wake island, and he leaves along with the airplane crew, but the doomed men of wake island give him things, letters, a dog, possably A GOLD WATCH? are you a fan of Hawks Swope?

Yep I am Rio Bravo and Bringing Up Baby are two of my all time fave movies.