The Music / Soundtrack

Okay so I’m not too proud of reading most of the script, I couldn’t help myself. There was a line in the screenplay where it introduces Shosanna in the cinema. He describes that a Morricone-like soundtrack plays during that scene. So I’m just saying - you get an academy award winning composer for the film and you have a masterpiece! If anyone hears news spill out you fucking Basterds; kill those Nazi fools!

he doesn’t like composers though. not that he won’t do it, but it could be he uses existing material…

He should definately use the Delta Force theme:

- YouTube

If he doesn’t use it, chanches are IB can never kick as much ass as The Delta Force. I mean that movie had Lee Marvin, Chuck Norris, Bo Svenson and Robert Forster for Christ’s sake!

DELTA FORCE?!! Cmon Kenneth, you know hes not gonna use that! This isnt an 80s hijack movie!

Hes said many times that hes def going to use existing spaghetti western scores for this. Just like he did in Kill Bill.

I have no clue what other kinds of music he plans to use. Im not reading the script.

The Main Title appearing the end of chapter one, so I guess that whole chapter will going to trough just a natural sounds.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
DELTA FORCE?!! Cmon Kenneth, you know hes not gonna use that! This isnt an 80s hijack movie![/quote]

Have you seen the whole movie? 1st half it’s a hijack drama, 2nd half is Chuck Norris, Lee Marvin and Steve James kicking terrorist ass to this pumping awesome score.

If it fits and he uses it, I’m gonna exlode in my pants.

I dont think I want to hear that music or any other music chosen by QT forum members. Lets let QT pick the music. He usually does a good job with that.

i LOVE spaghetti western music especially ennio morricones sruff i have many of his cds… eh, ye it will fit really well.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
he doesn’t like composers though. not that he won’t do it, but it could be he uses existing material…
[/quote]

He doesn’t like composers? He used Ennio’s music in Kill Bill.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
He doesn’t like composers? He used Ennio’s music in Kill Bill.
[/quote]

He meant that he doesn’t like composers to compose new material for his movies. He prefers to use compositions already existant from other, older movies.

Quentin Tarantino Talks Umberto Lenzi and Composers - YouTube

i hope that will explain it all lol

Its actually a good idea. Giving your film to one composer to lay music over is like giving your film away to another artist to do what they want to it. I think QTs movies are written with music already in mind too, so the music is even more specific to the actual rhythm of the film.

Take the Hold Tight sequence in DP. That sequence was written for that song to be played over it. He wasnt gonna have some composer come in and play some drums and keyboards over it.

yepp, i think thats the best way to do it anyway coz a movie cant live without music in my opinion. and dats dat, back to topic lol ^^

lol at that youtube video. Q’s arrogance is through the roof but he does have a point and i completely understand him. What can you do when you don’t trust people with your art.

There’s gonna be some spaghetti western tracks on there ala Kill Bill but i hope he uses some vintage WWII songs, full with dust particles on the record player. Something like Edith Piaf or wha’eva…would be pretty sweet. And of course i’m all for him working with RZA again.

Either way this is so fucking exciting. I can hear a GTBATG theme playing in the opening shot, like when we first see Angel Eyes approaching in a wide angle shot on horseback.

I love that interview with QT, but WTF is he wearing?

He’s also said that he tries to only use songs in his films when the characters are listening to music.

I wouldn’t be adverse to a bit of Morricone and Rodriguez. I trust QT on this one, he knows what he’s doing.

Rodriguez I can do without. Morricone is always welcome.

a kimono hahahha

i hope he will use those old spaghetti western soundeffeckts for guns u know the

bitsheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuu!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Rodriguez I can do without.
[/quote]

Hater. :wink: