{MEGAspoiler} pure QT, right down to the brain tissue splattered on the walls

somehow I liked this article enough to devote its own thread to it

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Times & The Sunday Times … 530662.ece”>The Times & The Sunday Times</LINK_TEXT>

there are some spoilers in it, though. basically, don’t read the end of this article

Calgon, take me away. :slight_smile:

What QT is doing with Basterds is creating his own Alternate Tarantino WWII Universe where he is the puppeteer who controls what happens to the people like Hitler and Gobbles. (haha love that misspelling).

Thats why I want to see this film. Its a Tarantino-ized WWII history film. Its WWII filtered through his pop culture obsessed brain. Its not based on our real world history.

Ive seen plenty of war movies based on real life. I completely welcome an alternate post modern QT version of those films.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Thats why I want to see this film. Its a Tarantino-ized WWII history film. Its WWII filtered through his pop culture obsessed brain. Its not based on our real world history.

Ive seen plenty of war movies based on real life. I completely welcome an alternate post modern QT version of those films.
[/quote]

1000% agreed.

Please tell me - how bad are the spoilers in the article? I don’t want no surprises spoiled for me.

Well the last paragraph tells the end of the film I think. So dont read it. Overall theres not that many complete spoilers. Its just getting across how QT is departing from the standard war movies and recreating WW2/Nazis in his own way.

okay thanks.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Well the last paragraph tells the end of the film I think.
[/quote]

holy crap, how could they?

yeah those fuckers

I just read it. There are not such HUGE MEGA spoilers. You can read it, Crazy Kenneth. The spoilers are mainly cool details from the movie but it’s only details, not general mega spoilers. Though maybe the details are already too detailed for you, ahah, I don’t know, depend on how you want to be protected from spoilers. I want to read the less I can but I wasn’t that shocked by any spoilers. The article sounds very cool, you should read it BUT avoid the last two paragraphs as I did it (he HUGE MEGA spoiler is about the end indeed). And you’ll be saved from spoilers :wink:

your post is very contradictory

Hey Sebby. Being German yourself, how do you think the German general public is going to receive this flick? You think a lot of people will be pissed off by it?

heck yeah :wink: cheers to that

Yeah, well, controversy sells.

Wow, great article. I daren’t read the ending. It’s shaping up to be something pretty spectacular. More violent than Kill Bill? Woooooooooooooooooooo ;D

[quote=“Sebastian”]
heck yeah :wink: cheers to that
[/quote]

HAHA!

Flash forward to May 2009:

Seb is sitting in the theater and a riot breaks out at the end of the film. Seb rips up a chair and throws it at the box office window!

Pete sits down at computer and brings up QTA Forum:

"Due to the offensiveness of the @$@^%^$!! “Inglourious Basterds Film”, I am no longer a QT Fan. Adios amigos! This is Sebastian Haselbeck signing off…DONT GO SEE THIS FILM!!"

LMAO! :slight_smile:

Hahaha, that would be hilarious. QT has even met Seb, don’t forget. Would be funny if he has a character in there called Sebastian who gets killed brutally ;D I kid, I kid.

I won’t read the article.

The problem is that in german speaking countries there is not such a great history of pop culture and B-culture, like in the US and Japan. Without knowing much about IB (haven’t read the script either) I predict that a lot of audiences (like in Austria and Germany) will NOT understand what QT wants to do with it (a pop culture take on a war movie) and will be confused/bewildered/disgusted.

But I might be wrong, since I can only guess what IB is like from what I allowed myself to read so far about it.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
The problem is that in german speaking countries there is not such a great history of pop culture and B-culture, like in the US and Japan. Without knowing much about IB (haven’t read the script either) I predict that a lot of audiences (like in Austria and Germany) will NOT understand what QT wants to do with it (a pop culture take on a war movie) and will be confused/bewildered/disgusted.
[/quote]

Have you seen Marie-Antoinette cause it was basically the same concept : it’s not a period movie but a movie with modern pop culture in it.

I think it won’t be that weird for germans to see a pop war movie cause 1) they experienced the war, so they have their own memories about that period of History and 2) pop culture is not only a US thing anymore, even if it’s mainly american references, a lot of foreigners know about pop culture.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I won’t read the article.

But I might be wrong, since I can only guess what IB is like from what I allowed myself to read so far about it.
[/quote]

Naw dude, Germans love David Hasselhoff and MeatLoaf! How much more pop culture can you get?

if a riot broke out, i’ll most likely not go down without putting up a fight against those michael bay loving hooligans :wink:

haha truly awesome article, makes me feel really excited about the movie!

i dont think german critics will react THAT harsh. it is a fact that the whole nazi thing is like the black chapter of german history, but maybe inglorious basterds will help to look at it from a more comedic point of view. and besides that, the general audience is guess will be like 16 - 35 years old, at least i think thats what QT is aiming at (brad pitt, eli roth, pegg, and it is a brutal action comedy) so yeah… guess it wont be that shocking for the german aduience ^^

Jettah: From what ive heard QT is making the Nazi guys look like a bunch of cruel clowns. It will be interesting to see QTs spin on that. Really interested to see it.