The Cast of Inglourious Basterds

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Kinick
Fucking Professional

Re: The Cast of Inglourious Basterds

Post by Kinick » Fri May 15, 2009 3:24 pm

You can find the full and complete cast list on the Cannes press kit now too (seems to be in order of significance also);

Lea Seydoux is playing one of the farmer's daughters, for those that still weren't sure.

Bo Svenson is listed, as is Buddy Joe Hooker.

There is no narrator credited.

Pinkman
Real McCoy

Post by Pinkman » Fri May 15, 2009 3:38 pm

ha, a little bit disappointed, coz I loved this narrator thing. It seems like they didn't do it. It might be another reason to why he extended some scenes to introduce characters.
Maybe the narrator will be added after Cannes?
Last edited by Pinkman on Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Fri May 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Sam Jackson wouldn't have fit this movie. Not even as a narrator.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Fri May 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Not disappointed about the narrator, IF it's true. I don't think it needed one to pop up only now and again.

Could have just a mistake in the press kit, however. As full as it is, I don't see Cloris Leachman listed either. Maybe her scene with Donny was cut for timing in the end?

Pinkman
Real McCoy

Post by Pinkman » Fri May 15, 2009 4:11 pm

That would suck, Donowitz is useless whithout that scene. Nah the thing must be incomplete.

Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Post by Stiglitz » Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeah or not everyone is credited which is possible.

We'll know soon enough.  5 DAYS!!?!?!?!?!!

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Stiglitz wrote: 5 DAYS!!?!?!?!?!!
yup
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri May 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Basterds ends with Donny Donowitz as an older man in the 1960s (during the Vietnam War). He is showing his son Lee the Nazi bashing bat, pictures of his comrades (including Aldo) and tells some of The Basterds story to him. Lee listens and out of the corner of his eye notices the news on TV which shows soldiers in body bags. He then goes to his room, and scribbles "Coming Home In A Body Bag" down in his notebook ala Pony Boy in The Outsiders. Fade to Black.
Last edited by Pete on Fri May 15, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Pete wrote: Basterds ends with Donny Donowitz as an older man in the 1960s (during the Vietnam War). He is showing his son Lee the Nazi bashing bat, pictures of his comrades (including Aldo) and tells some of The Basterds story to him. Lee listens and out of the corner of his eye notices the news on TV which shows soldiers in body bags. He then goes to his room, and scribbles "Coming Home In A Body Bag" down in his notebook ala Pony Boy in The Outsiders. Fade to Black.
Dude, did you just spoil the ending? Not cool!!!
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Thats why I have been avoiding this site for 6 months! lol I stopped reading fast enough to not spoil anything for me. Shit...THAT IS NOT COOL!
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

Pinkman
Real McCoy

Post by Pinkman » Fri May 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Unless you're going very far in the joke, do you really think this is the real ending? The guy is playing.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 pm

It's sign of him getting over-excited just.  :D

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Pinkman wrote: Unless you're going very far in the joke, do you really think this is the real ending? The guy is playing.
That's good, becouse i was about to get medival on his ass.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri May 15, 2009 5:56 pm

HAHAHA! Ohhhh shit. You guys are too much. :D

Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Post by Stiglitz » Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Lol...that would be a terrible ending.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri May 15, 2009 5:59 pm

rotfl!

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Fri May 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Shit, that's a better ending than the actual ending! I never liked the fact of having to watch Brad Pitt and Melanie Laurent have sex in the last scene.  I mean, what is this? Fucking Dynasty? I hope QT reads this forum and films it again, Pete.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat May 16, 2009 1:43 am

Scarface wrote: Shit, that's a better ending than the actual ending! I never liked the fact of having to watch Brad Pitt and Melanie Laurent have sex in the last scene.  I mean, what is this? Fucking Dynasty? I hope QT reads this forum and films it again, Pete.
I liked the ending. What better way to relieve all that built up tension than some basterds love making behind enemy lines. They finish get dressed and pimp out of frame. Credits.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 am

I can't believe you guys went ahead and read it. Most of the time its ruins the surprise of a good movie you can't wait to see. I LOVE reading the script after but I don't like having pre conceived images of what I want the movie to look like. I want QT to guide his vision for me and I want to be on the end of my seat with anticipation. I think they should really plug up the leaks and stop this foolishness but then again you didn't have to read it. Terrible thing to do IMO.
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Sat May 16, 2009 2:10 am

Knoxville Kingpin wrote: I can't believe you guys went ahead and read it. Most of the time its ruins the surprise of a good movie you can't wait to see. I LOVE reading the script after but I don't like having pre conceived images of what I want the movie to look like. I want QT to guide his vision for me and I want to be on the end of my seat with anticipation. I think they should really plug up the leaks and stop this foolishness but then again you didn't have to read it. Terrible thing to do IMO.
Now that we're getting closer to seeing it I'm kinda pissed that I read it. Watching Pulp or Kill Bill for the first time was such an affecting experience because I had no idea where Quentin was going to take me. Now I know, or at least I have an idea but it's just not the same. That being said. I read Rum Punch before I saw Jackie Brown and I was still blow away so who knows :P

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat May 16, 2009 2:18 am

Noir_Fiction wrote: Now that we're getting closer to seeing it I'm kinda pissed that I read it. Watching Pulp or Kill Bill for the first time was such an affecting experience because I had no idea where Quentin was going to take me. Now I know, or at least I have an idea but it's just not the same. That being said. I read Rum Punch before I saw Jackie Brown and I was still blow away so who knows :P
But Rum Punch and Jackie Brown are so different i don't know if it would equal reading the actual script. So far the joy for me has been seeing QT realize the vision. It has been very interesting.

Imagine Leonardo diCaprio as the Jew hunter now! The thought is just silly now that I've seen Christoph Waltz in Nazi garb.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 16, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Sat May 16, 2009 2:25 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote: But Rum Punch and Jackie Brown are so different i don't know if it would equal reading the actual script. So far the joy for me has been seeing QT realize the vision. It has been very interesting.

Imagine Leonardo diCaprio as the Jew hunter now! The thought is just silly now that I've seen Christoph Waltz in Nazi garb.
I don't know. I'm about the biggest fan of Leo's work, and was spewing out of my shorts when I heard the rumors about him playing Landa and not having him in it was such a big disappointment, Waltz will really have to win me over, but he looks poised to do it.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat May 16, 2009 5:10 am

Noir_Fiction wrote: I don't know. I'm about the biggest fan of Leo's work, and was spewing out of my shorts when I heard the rumors about him playing Landa and not having him in it was such a big disappointment, Waltz will really have to win me over, but he looks poised to do it.
I really have respect for him and especially lately have become a big fan of his but I just don't think it's the kind of thing he'd do well. When I heard the news all I could think of was Tobey Mcguire in The Good German.

Noir_Fiction
Basterd

Post by Noir_Fiction » Sat May 16, 2009 5:14 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote: I really have respect for him and especially lately have become a big fan of his but I just don't think it's the kind of thing he'd do well. When I heard the news all I could think of was Tobey Mcguire in The Good German.
God, Tobey, Tobey, Tobey :P That one made me upset. Great movie, Blanchett was great, but Tobey was like an elephant in a china shop. Thank God he died early on. Leo is a much better actor then McGuire. Look at Blood Diamond as an example, plus Leo is german... he speaks it/ His middle name is Wilhelm :P. I think he'd be better than you think.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat May 16, 2009 5:23 am

Noir_Fiction wrote: God, Tobey, Tobey, Tobey :P That one made me upset. Great movie, Blanchett was great, but Tobey was like an elephant in a china shop. Thank God he died early on. Leo is a much better actor then McGuire. Look at Blood Diamond as an example, plus Leo is german... he speaks it/ His middle name is Wilhelm :P. I think he'd be better than you think.
Leo is a damn good actor, he was probably the best part of Blood Diamond challenged only by Djimon Hounsou. But he looks too young and clean. Even in Blood Diamond. He just has that kind  of face. I wouldn't buy him as a ruthless, murdering, bastard (bastard mind you, not basterd). I'd love for him to try at some point years later.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 16, 2009 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Chinaski
Hard Drinker

Post by Henry Chinaski » Sat May 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Kinick wrote: You can find the full and complete cast list on the Cannes press kit now too (seems to be in order of significance also);
My trouble is, I don't find Maggie Cheung in it. AND it's impossible he cut the Mimieux scene.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sat May 16, 2009 12:38 pm

I think if Leo had been in this, it would be even more popular than it already is. Brad and Leo in the same film? I think Leo is a great actor too. Its just the believability aspect. Im not sure if having him play a German SS officer would be as convincing as Christoph Waltz. Which is why QT prob decided on him instead. Leos great but hes not a German guy.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat May 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Pete wrote: I think if Leo had been in this, it would be even more popular than it already is. Brad and Leo in the same film? I think Leo is a great actor too. Its just the believability aspect. Im not sure if having him play a German SS officer would be as convincing as Christoph Waltz. Which is why QT prob decided on him instead. Leos great but hes not a German guy.
Thank you Pete, I'm not alone on this.

I wonder what's up with the cool cat playing Marcel,  Jacky Ido. Havn't seen a peep or word about the character. Just that picture of him and Shosanna "convincing" a gentleman of something with the assistance a hatchet.

Pinkman
Real McCoy

Post by Pinkman » Sat May 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Can Leo speak german as if it is his native language? Can he speak french? No. Does he look the part, a clever and experienced menacing villain? No. It would have been a terrible casting choice in every aspect. Period.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Sat May 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Harry Chinaski wrote: My trouble is, I don't find Maggie Cheung in it. AND it's impossible he cut the Mimieux scene.
I doubt it. That's an important scene. Maybe it was just typos or whatever.