GEN. ED FENECH

LT. ARCHIE HICOX

MARCEL

THE WOMEN

SHOSANA DREYFUS

BRIDGET VON HAMMERSMACK

FRANCESCA MONDINO

MADAME MIMIEUX

<LINK_TEXT text=“Brad Pitt confirmed for Inglorious Bastards role - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ards-role/”>Brad Pitt confirmed for Inglorious Bastards role - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

! 8)

Sweet. So far the only really good piece of casting news.

Yep, brilliant news. The best yet.

I’m not a fan of him, but it’s probably good for the movie. I don’t dislike him either. If QT thinks he’s right, I will believe so.

From a financial perspective it’s also good, he’s a real star. Plus, more chicks will go with their men to see a war movie if Brad is in it.

Cool news!

great news even

As I said to Seb, I’m really fucking excited about this now that it’s had a bit of time to sink in. The last film I watched with Pitt in - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - he was absolutely brilliant. I think he’s underrated as an actor, most definitely. I mean he has that Pacino thing about him, where he conveys so much with just a stare. It’s his eyes, they tell you everything. I was very suprised to see that he wasn’t nominated for the Academy Award. I mean, Jesse James isn’t as loud and in your face as Tyler Durden (another GREAT piece of acting), but he played Jesse James in the perfect way, I thought. He’s menacing in a different way. And of course, we know QT is all about cool, and what is Brad Pitt?.. Correctumondo!!

He was great in Assassination, but was a bit outplayed by Casey Affleck. Still magnificent, though.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I’m not a fan of him, but it’s probably good for the movie. I don’t dislike him either. If QT thinks he’s right, I will believe so.[/quote]

What did you think of him in Fight Club? He was great there.

This is terrific news. I love Pitt!

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]
He was great in Assassination, but was a bit outplayed by Casey Affleck. Still magnificent, though.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t say he was out-played. They fed off of each other, it was brilliant cinema. They were completely different characters, kinda ironic really. Don’t get me wrong, Affleck was amazing and totally deserved his Oscar nomination, but Pitt had something intense about him.

This is going to be one strange movie… with Pitt Novak AND Roth :o Lindsey Lohan playing Shosanna is looking more and more plausible … maybe Spears could play Bridget 8)

[quote=“Ify”]
I wouldn’t say he was out-played. They fed off of each other, it was brilliant cinema. They were completely different characters, kinda ironic really. Don’t get me wrong, Affleck was amazing and totally deserved his Oscar nomination, but Pitt had something intense about him.
[/quote]

I agree, but it takes a lot to get a nomination, as we’re talking about the 5 best nominees from an entire year. Now I haven’t watched all the films of 2007, hell, I haven’t watched all of the films where the actors in the category was nominated, so I guess I can’t say anything.

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]

[/quote]

Well I’m not a huge fan of Fight Club but I liked his acting in it. Just like I liked his acting in 12 Monkeys. He’s a great actor, and I’m sure if he plays a role written and directed by QT it will be great. By not being a fan, I meant I would never watch a movie just because he is in it.

Whats great about this is that we’ve never seen a QT directed Pitt performance before. Thats what Im looking forward to seeing most. How QT uses Pitt in this role.

Though I’m guessing everyone have seen it, here’s a little reminder of how well Brad Pitt and group-directed monologues go together. From Fight Club (no spoilers).

That was a good movie. At first I didnt like it but it grew on me now everytime its on TV I watch it.

YES ! THATS fuckin fantastic news ! YAY ! YAYAYAYAY !!! :smiley::D:D:D

and ye fight clubs awesome

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]
Though I’m guessing everyone have seen it, here’s a little reminder of how well Brad Pitt and group-directed monologues go together. From Fight Club (no spoilers).
[/quote]

imagine that Aldo Raine speech over that and a GI helmet on his head

[quote=“Sebastian”]
imagine that Aldo Raine speech over that and a GI helmet on his head
[/quote]

omg that will be fantastic :smiley:

Great news. I really think Pitt is gonna be great in IB.