Some tips to help q.t. with inglorious

1. write more scenes like the ‘dead nigger storage’ sequence in pulp fiction where jules and vincent had to deal with the consequences of vincent shooting marvin’s head off. that sequence is the heart of what people love quentin tarantino for–it’s fun, shocking, outrageous, intensely energetic and hilarious. . .

2. if need be collaborate with roger avery again. avery’s participation with tarantino on pulp fiction created one of the greatest film’s of all time. the collaboration worked. he’s got weinstein, bender is back. where’s avery?

3. lose the black and white sequence. too avant garde, too french, too serious, too precious. keep it gritty and ultra real. think friedkin. the b&w technique was used in kill bill. don’t use it in inglorious. . .

4. more basterds and less shosanna. more action. more patton-like speeches. we want the basterds doing loads of basterd shit. . .

5. more conflict. characters going at each other’s throats like in reservoir dogs. . .

Get a spoiler warning on the head of this topic and I’ll go to town! :wink:

You’ve got a good start though.

Tip to QT

Don’t listen to what anyone else says. This is your work. Do whatever in the fuck you want with it including casting Eli Roth…

Noone in here knows what QT should do. Its his film. Accept his choices and just go see the movie or don’t. Hes not going to take anyones advice from a film forum anyway.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Hes not going to take anyones advice from a film forum anyway.
[/quote]

No shit.

We can still critique.

[quote=“postmaster.general”]

1. write more scenes like the ‘dead nigger storage’ sequence in pulp fiction where jules and vincent had to deal with the consequences of vincent shooting marvin’s head off. that sequence is the heart of what people love quentin tarantino for–it’s fun, shocking, outrageous, intensely energetic and hilarious. . .

2. if need be collaborate with roger avery again. avery’s participation with tarantino on pulp fiction created one of the greatest film’s of all time. the collaboration worked. he’s got weinstein, bender is back. where’s avery?

3. lose the black and white sequence. too avant garde, too french, too serious, too precious. keep it gritty and ultra real. think friedkin. the b&w technique was used in kill bill. don’t use it in inglorious. . .

4. more basterds and less shosanna. more action. more patton-like speeches. we want the basterds doing loads of basterd shit. . .

5. more conflict. characters going at each other’s throats like in reservoir dogs. . .

[/quote]

sorry all the hell but who are you to give QUENTIN TARANTINO tips on filmmaking? did I miss something? maybe you became a second Sergio Leone while I wasn’t watching… wow. really…

Pete is right. It’s his film What the fuck … this topic is ridiculous

this kind of thread i expect in an IMDb forum, not here.

Kinick: Cmon dude. Youve been on this board for what? a couple months? You shouldnt act like you know whats best for QT to do. Enough with the stupid speculating. Thats all you seem to do in here. Or you say you hate Death Proof constantly and say how bored you are by Bastards. It gets monotonous after awhile.

Not trying to start an argument. Just being honest.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Not trying to start an argument.
[/quote]

;D

just to clarify. mine and pete’s reaction might’ve been a bit harsh. to each his own opinion. but this topic is crazy naive and arrogant in my opinion…

Yeah Im really not trying to be mean, but cmon guys. Youre gonna give QT advice on his movie? Thats laughable.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
Pete is right. It’s his film What the fuck … this topic is ridiculous
[/quote]

I agree. And furthermore Quentin always liked to play with the audience’s expexctancies to drive the opposite way. This is why he did the mature JB after PF and the movie movie orientated KB after JB. BTW, I’m a huge fan of the work of Raoul Coutard as a cinematographer for New Wave classics and if the B&W sequence goes in that direction then I’m very curious to see how it works…

[quote=“Sunday”]
This is why I did the mature JB after PF
[/quote]

oh so that was you ;D

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Kinick: Cmon dude. Youve been on this board for what? a couple months? You shouldnt act like you know whats best for QT to do. Enough with the stupid speculating. Thats all you seem to do in here. Or you say you hate Death Proof constantly and say how bored you are by Bastards. It gets monotonous after awhile.
[/quote]

So what does that mean? I’ve only been a fan of QT for a couple of months? I have to wait a while before I can express any strong opinions? There’s new QT movie that’s been anticipated for the last decade and you want no speculating? C’mooon Putman!

Of course I don’t know what’s best for QT to do. And if it was back 2002 when Kill Bill was getting started I wouldn’t have doubted him at all…and didn’t. But now, I do very much after Death Proof and hearing the latest casting news just heightens my worry. I think the problem is you and I both know this could be the biggest disaster since the Titanic (not the film; I liked that) so you don’t want to be even reminded that such a thing could happen, so you want to keep it positive until we finally know. Coz I’m damn sure if you go to the movie and are disappointed you’ll say, won’t you?

I’ll probably know after the first trailer whether it’ll worh anticipating anymore.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
just to clarify. mine and pete’s reaction might’ve been a bit harsh. to each his own opinion. but this topic is crazy naive and arrogant in my opinion…
[/quote]

Yeah, a little bit, but I’d understand if you didn’t want no negativity this early on in what is hyped to be the ultiamte film of QT’s career being posted during everyone elses’ anticipation…coz that’s reallly all it is, one person’s critiqing (sp) of the script. Not saying we could do it better!

well what this topic really is is what it sais in the title, giving tips about making a film to a director who surely doesn’t need any advice on filmmaking. excuse me all the hell, but just because your out-of-nowhere expectations about Death Proof where crushed (what the hell were you expecting in the first place) that doesn’t make you Quentin’s new filmmaking teacher :wink:

I want to give some tips to q.t. to help him with Pulp Fiction -

1. Stop messing around with the chronology. It sucks. Vincent Vega gets bombarded by a thousand bullets in one scene, then comes back in the next as if nothing ever happened? People will be confused and think they’re watching Dawn of The Dead.

2. Cast somebody else for Vincent Vega. That guy you want - he appeared in some movie about talking babies. Are you sure it will be the right choice? Think again.

3. The dialogue - change it. I don’t want to listen to people talking about fucking Burger Kings and foot massages. That’s gonna put me in a coma. Instead of Sam Jackson saying the Ezekiel speech, give him cooler lines, like “Sheeeeet boy, I owned yo white assss!”

4. Put Britney Spears’ “Toxic” during Uma Thurman’s ODing scene.

[quote=“Scarface”]

1. Stop messing around with the chronology. It sucks. Vincent Vega gets bombarded by a thousand bullets in one scene, then comes back in the next as if nothing ever happened? People will be confused and think they’re watching Dawn of The Dead.

2. Cast somebody else for Vincent Vega. That guy you want - he appeared in some movie about talking babies. Are you sure it will be the right choice? Think again.

3. The dialogue - change it. I don’t want to listen to people talking about fucking Burger Kings and foot massages. That’s gonna put me in a coma. Instead of Sam Jackson saying the Ezekiel speech, give him cooler lines, like “Sheeeeet boy, I owned yo white assss!”

4. Put Britney Spears’ “Toxic” during Uma Thurman’s ODing scene.
    [/quote]

LOL ;D

This topic title should have this is parentheses: TALK OUT YER ASS HERE!

:slight_smile:

Pulp was on TV again last night and I watched it. Its still as special as it ever was. Its such a great film thats really stood up against time. It always brings me back to that certain time when I first saw it.

[quote=“Scarface”]

1. Stop messing around with the chronology. It sucks. Vincent Vega gets bombarded by a thousand bullets in one scene, then comes back in the next as if nothing ever happened? People will be confused and think they’re watching Dawn of The Dead.[/quote]

Yeah cos I totally did that!

Hey guys, I hope QT takes all of your great advice on board :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
oh so that was you ;D
[/quote]
Corrected. :wink:

The trouble with QT is the same as being the coach of a National Soccer Team: everyone has his own idea about which player to pick, which tactic could work but not everyone has to deal with doing the real work.