Universal partnering with Weinstein on IB [news]

Variety is reporting that Quentin Tarantino’s next film, Inglorious Bastards will be distributed, for the most part, by Universal Pictures in a joint venture with the Weinstein Co. Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein met with five studios last week and it came down to Paramount and Universal with Universal winning out.

<LINK_TEXT text=“Universal to co-finance Quentin's Nazi-hunters - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … i-hunters/”>Universal to co-finance Quentin's Nazi-hunters - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Nice! Gonna see the old globe at the beginning of IB!! I hope QT uses the old Universal logo not the latest one.

yes!

its fuckin finally gonna happen!

Aw naw, tell me naw. I hate the Universal logo, you can’t fast forward it on the DVD. It’s so annoying. You’re like, Skip, skip, go!"

I kid, I kid.

Very Good anyway.

Nah nah nah naaaah, nah nah nah nah nah…dum…dum…

Man it’s gonna be weird seeing the Universal logo in front of a QT movie. Still, hooray for Universal! ;D

Um, I don’t care as long as QT has every bit of creative freedom he wants.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
Um, I don’t care as long as QT has every bit of creative freedom he wants.
[/quote]

Word.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Aw naw, tell me naw. I hate the Universal logo, you can’t fast forward it on the DVD. It’s so annoying.
[/quote]

I always liked it. it has those loud drums. the best uses of the logo were with Waterworld, where the poles of the universal globe melted and then it was all water, they zoomed in and there was Kevin Costner… haha

Seb you said its going to start shooting in 8 WEEKS?! Is that right? I thought it wasnt starting til October? Damn, thats even cooler news! :smiley:

isn’t that october? it’s almost august now (4 weeks), then comes september (4 weeks), and once september is over there comes october (4 + 4 = 8). correct me if i’m wrong… i suck at math.

I think QT is sitting on a plane to Berlin :wink:

I guess youre right, I dont know why, 8 weeks until October? Damn. I dont want summer to end at all.

OMFG! shootin will start in 8 fuckin weeks? as in principal photography?

that means that we shud get sum cast details real soon !

A lot of the articles reporting this news feel that choosing Universal was not the best choice, citing them as the weakest of the bunch when it comes to marketing…

[quote=“Kinick”]
A lot of the articles reporting this news feel that choosing Universal was not the best choice, citing them as the weakest of the bunch when it comes to marketing…
[/quote]

who said anything about Universal having anything to do with marketing? the central thing here is financing. It’s an investment that Universal is making here. Money and Image, I could be wrong, but I don’t think they’ll have anything to do with boots on the ground or anything being “produced” themselves, except maybe countries/markets where TWC has no manpower maybe

well the other ones prolly didnt want to after the grindhouse boxoffice shit :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, Kill Bill was running under Universal’s logo in Japan, that’s one thing that comes to mind.

since they’re shooting in Berlin, are you, Seba, already planning on doing a bit of interviewing in Germany already? That would be really cool, cause if QT weren’t too busy, he might talk to you, since you had such a good raport the last time.

you’ll see what happens :wink:

Excellent!