Miramax Buys Inglorious Bastards!

Inglorious Bastards comes home:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Wild cinema from down under - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … o-miramax/”>With Inglorious Bastards back to Miramax? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

I am drinking, how dare I spell Inglorious Bastards with a small ‘B’

Fixed ahha

8)

hm yeah, back to Disney? first they part ways, then they rejoin? so much for Miramax’ judgment…

I can’t help but stare at scriptgirl’s rack, though… wait, what are we talking about?

Home Sweet Home :smiley:

[quote=“me”]
Home Sweet Home :smiley:
[/quote]

as long as they don’t make him rename characters to Sgt. Mouse and Captain Goofey…

Man talk about a loop de loop. So The Weinstein Co & Miramax are producing Bastards? Pretty funny.

seems like the hot chick with the glasses and the big rack was wrong. I’m trying to get some confirmation on this, but I really believe this was hot air

So Miramax DIDNT buy IB?

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
So Miramax DIDNT buy IB?
[/quote]

nope. this movie has nothing to do with Miramax. maybe some weinstein-basher set this rumor into the world or someone misunderstood something somewhere.

So is it just produced by The Weinstein Co then?

I said I would miss the Miramx logo appearing before a QT film and I did with DP. Funny how it turned out to be his weakest effort. So reading that Miramax will be appearing again (as well as Lawrence Bender being back on board) pointed towards a return to form (of sorts). I guess not now. :-</E> That’s not to say IB won’t be great, of course.

I don’t see the corelation between Tarantino’s “return to form” or form in general, and Miramax. After all, the folks who ran the show at Miramax, and worked with Quentin, are in fact now The Weinstein Company. Tastes are different, but the DP-bashing doesn’t have anything to do what logo is in front of it.

It’s a weak correlation, but nevertheless a correlation is there. I’m not saying it definitely was the reason for why DP turned out to be his weakest effort, but I’m sorta superstitious. I don’t really like change. So when news came of no Larence Bender and no Miramax, it seemed to me like an end of an era. It’s just strange how DP was the most un-QT film yet! Btw, I am in no way implying DP wasn’t great. I myself loved it. But I’ve seen how on these forums people are slowly turning against it. Disappoints me a bit actually, that people didn’t have the balls to own up to the fact that they didn’t like DP when it came out. I’m all about honesty :wink:

Im honest about movies too. I think its more of a thing where I dont want to acknowledge that QT made a film I didnt love completely. Sadly, DP is the first film by him that I feel that way about. I like it, but I dont love it. Its not the kind of movie I want to see over and over. It just didnt hit me like his other films.

But, Bastards sounds like exactly the kind of movie I want to see. Im positive that I’ll love it.

No worries here, I love Death Proof.

[quote=“robertdiggs36”]
No worries here, I love Death Proof.
[/quote]

atta boy. all these people cheering and laughing at the movie theater, you know… I had some of the greatest experiences at the movies ever with Grindhouse, and that DP is no Pulp Fiction, okay, but hey, it’s not supposed to in the first place. it’s fun, it’s wild, it’s entertaining. stop bitching everyone ;-))

Lets stop talking about DP. I thought we went thru this already? This is the IB topic.

If this is just a hoax, shall we just close the topic?

[quote=“Ify”]
It’s just strange how DP was the most un-QT film yet!
[/quote]

could you please elaborate on that?!? I diagree entirely but before I go on I would really like to know what you mean by that.

also I’d like to add that Death Proof rules the shit outta something that doesn’t have shit in it in the first place. pure magic.

EDIT: sorry, but I typed before I saw you wanted to close it.

yeah lets keep the DP rant outa here, you’re welcome to rip each other apart (in a civil way please) in the grindhouse section.

topic closed.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
could you please elaborate on that?!? I diagree entirely but before I go on I would really like to know what you mean by that.

also I’d like to add that Death Proof rules the shit outta something that doesn’t have shit in it in the first place. pure magic.

EDIT: sorry, but I typed before I saw you wanted to close it.
[/quote]

Here you are Kenneth:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p#msg233459”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,8364.msg233459.html#msg233459</LINK_TEXT>