Seb's script review

… it won’t happen, sorry fellas. This time, I’ll not read it. I swore to Aldo Raine’s old friend Dane Coolidge’s - may he rest in peace - soul, who died at the battle of Wake Island and passed his golden watch on to adn air force gunner name of Whenaki, that I will not read it.

I do have to say there’s a character in there named Winnetou, and another with last name Fenech (Edwige Fenech anyone?) as well as a Major King Kong.

the script, just from flipping through the pages, bear plenty of references to Q’s other films…

can somebody tie me up and blindfold me? It’s really hard not to touch this thing

Good for you! You’re not gonna make it, but hey, at least you’re trying.

Good for you, Seb. I made the mistake of reading Planet Terror/Death Proof before they came out and I regretted it. The excitement of watching a Tarantino film is that you just don’t know what’s coming. That is how movies should be watched.

If Star Wars was released today, the identity of Luke’s father would have been spoilt before anyone saw the movie. That’s the downside of the internet these days.

I agree. I read a few bits, but that’s not enough to write a review, and i’m not gonna read it. i have a feeling that unlike pulp fiction, which is non-linear and not really built on suspense, this one might need all the surprise

On saying that, if anyone wants to send it, I wouldn’t say no, but I may or may not read it.

hi there, I’m kinda back on QTA. (does anyone even remember me?)

If I get the script, I know I’m very likely to read it. I read DP before I saw the movie, and knowing the end didn’t actually spoil the fun. it just makes you expect more from the movie when watched for the first time.

When I got the DP script, I read a few pages, but it wasn’t enough to spoil anything for me (probably because it was mostly just dialogue between the girls). Although I knew a few things about the film, watching Death Proof for the first time was very much a new experience for me and I loved it. I’m going to do the same with IB. If I get the script, I’ll just read the odd bit of dialogue and just put it away.

Oh shit, I just remembered, I watched the first car crash scene in DP on You Tube which spoiled that for me somewhat. But I think it worked for the better because it was at a time when most people were hating on it. I’m not going to watch any proper clips of IB when they’re released. I want it to be a completely new experience.

DP isn’t IB in that respect, it’s safe to say that knowing the story of IB by reading the script will pretty much ruin part of the experience, to a lot bigger extent than most previous movies which were much less linear and story-driven in a suspense/curve sort of way

So IB isn’t non-linear? I was under the impression that it was based on things QT has said about it over the years. “5 months before” etc. Also what about the flashback sequences?

i could answer your question. but i haven’t read the script, and i won’t :wink: this might sound radical coming out of my mouth, but not this time …

the film starts with the beginning though, so much is clear (the shosanna background that’s been described is the opening scene)

I never read any script before the movies. Even I LOVE to know tiny details about movies before, even read interviews and all, I can not read the script. A part of the magic is gone when you read it before.

right…but the “magic” you don’t get in the movie, you already got it by reading the script.

What kind of magic can you get only by reading a script and which is not in the movie ? Dialogues are often the same in the movie, so no pleasure of the extra writing style. Even the extra scenes aren’t a plus when you first read a script acuse you don’t know yet they’re extras. It’s only a plus if you read the script after the movie and continue the pleasure with unseen scenes. That’s be a magic plus.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
… it won’t happen, sorry fellas. This time, I’ll not read it. I swore to Aldo Raine’s old friend Dane Coolidge’s - may he rest in peace - soul, who died at the battle of Wake Island and passed his golden watch on to adn air force gunner name of Whenaki, that I will not read it.

I do have to say there’s a character in there named Winnetou, and another with last name Fenech (Edwige Fenech anyone?) as well as a Major King Kong.

the script, just from flipping through the pages, bear plenty of references to Q’s other films…

can somebody tie me up and blindfold me? It’s really hard not to touch this thing
[/quote]

Seb you are an honorable dude. Cheers to ya! Theres no way in hell Im going to spoil seeing this cinematic masterpiece unfold in front of my eyes by reading the script before i see it either. You wont find me asking anyone for a copy until after I see the movie. But by then it will be online to read anyways. Plus just knowing the basic story, the characters names is plenty for me.

Whatever you do, dont start reading it. I know its like trying not to cash in a Wonka golden ticket, but just get rid of it or something before its too late.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
What kind of magic can you get only by reading a script and which is not in the movie ? Dialogues are often the same in the movie, so no pleasure of the extra writing style. Even the extra scenes aren’t a plus when you first read a script acuse you don’t know yet they’re extras. It’s only a plus if you read the script after the movie and continue the pleasure with unseen scenes. That’s be a magic plus.
[/quote]

Not true. I had a much more entertaining experience reading the Kill Bill script than watching the finished movie. You mean deleted scenes? It was the other way around for me - it was a plus because I didn’t know they would be deleted, so I expected to see evrything (and hoped I would). Yuki’s Revenge was my favourite scene in the script and it was even in the movie. That was a negative right away.

[quote]So IB isn’t non-linear? I was under the impression that it was based on things QT has said about it over the years. “5 months before” etc. Also what about the flashback sequences?[/quote]

Oh, don’t you doubt it, Ifster. Don’t you doubt it. 8)

Not even deleted scenes, just scenes that finally were not shot at all. I’d be frustrated to read scenes that I find out later are not in the movie. I’d wait too much from the movie.

Yeah, that’s what happened with me. That’s why it kinda ruined it. I didn’t get the full experience…plus it being split didn’t help either.

That’s why I don’t want to read anys cript before. If I read it after the movie, I can only be happier and more impressed to see the great work behind the movie.

I’ve never pre-read a script and I don’t intend to here. I do like to hear little tidbits from the script about IB here and there though. And to Seb: just delete the file off of your harddrive!! It’s the only way!!!1

By the time the movie comes out we’ll know alot about it without reading the script. Just to reiterate to those who have it: PLEASE DONT POST INFO ABOUT IT IN NON SCRIPT REVIEW TOPICS!! Thank You!

Or at least resize the text that has spoilers. Just be cool about it. :slight_smile: