Inglourious Basterds Script Reviews

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 … os_in.html”>We’ve Got Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Inglorious Bastards’ Script</LINK_TEXT>

OH MY DEAR GOD :o :o :o

[quote=“Kinick”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 … os_in.html”>We’ve Got Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Inglorious Bastards’ Script</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Sounds great, and not very spoilerific, if at all.

holy shit

Sebber, this is gonna be a tough one to not read. But Im gonna really try. I did catch one of the characters names.

hell ride trailer and this on the same day… jeez my heart

It sounds like theres another main hillbilly character in Basterds. QT sure loves his redneck white trash!! Me too. They always remind me of Hixploitation movies.

OMG, this is going SO fast. I can’t believe it. The chapters titles sounds so cool, and again a scar (this is really about to be a trademark). I really can’t wait to know more : I want the script !!

"Kill Bill meets The Dirty Dozen meets Cinema Paradiso"

I think Im going to cream my pants…a FEW TIMES!!

Brad Pitt as a crazy redneck hillbilly army lieutenant (think 12 Monkeys), laughing like a deranged hyena = PERFECTION. His name is: Aldo Raine…could that be a homage to Aldo Ray? :wink:

Lilli: You should be really happy. It sounds like QT is going back to his Nouvelle Vague roots big time in this film! 8)

Could this be the greatest European arthouse meets US Grindhouse film ever made? WE’LL SEE!! :o

*** SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ THE SCRIPT REVIEW ***

I don’t know why I’m putting a spoiler alert seen as this topic is about the script review. But better to be safe than sorry, eh.

Ok, I just skim read the link earlier and chose to forget about it until I had more time to post.

Ok, initial thoughts and observations:

1. It’s hilarious how QT still can’t spell “Inglorious Bastards” ;D

2. It’s amazing to think that he finished the final draft of the script just 7 days ago.

3. Interesting to see that he has a parallel story in there. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction, and like Pulp Fiction, these stories will intertwine.

4. The film is broken up into chapters. Classic Quentin here.

5. He has chosen to have a chapter named “Once Upon A Time… Nazi Occupied France” instead of having that as a subtitle to the film as he mentioned earlier.

6. The scalping aspect - reference to The Searchers?

7. “…carve a swastika into his forehead” - coupled with the scalping, seems like it will be BRUTAL

8. The 3rd chapter “German Night in Paris” will be filmed in black and white, again, classic Quentin.

9. There will be a cinema in there which means he is continuing the self-reference a la Death Proof

10. The last chapter description suggests IB won’t be based on the way history was made.

11. The script is definitely the ur-text of Quentin Tarantino’s career up to now; it combines his love of old movies (war movies, Westerns, and even prewar German cinema), his attraction to powerful female protagonists, his love of chatter, and his willingness to embrace the extreme — visually and in his storytelling. (The flashbacks have particularly Tarantinoian flourishes: a thought bubble pops out of a character’s head to introduce one, while another is shot spaghetti Western style.) All in all, it reads like Kill Bill meets The Dirty Dozen meets Cinema Paradiso.” This paragraph makes me jizz everywhere everytime I read it. It makes me wonder who he will cast as Shosanna. She’s a French Jewish teenager, I hope it’s anybody but Lindsey Lohan. It seems like this will be the ultimate QT film, encompassing all if not most of the aspects we are used to seeing from him. Good to see that he will have some “chatter” in there, it can’t be a QT film otherwise. “Willingness to embrace the extreme - visually and in his storytelling” what a line!! This alone makes me excited as fuck. There will be flashbacks!! “Shot spaghetti Western style” I wonder what this means?

12. There’s even going to be a montage in there.

Basically, everything I read on that link has made me wet to see this. Things are getting so fucking exciting now. I know he can’t, but please Quentin, don’t fuck this up. This has to be your stand-out Pulp Fiction-beating masterpiece. Aldrich, Kubrick, Leone, Coppola and Spielberg should look on to the final product with envy ;D

[color=yellow]BRING ON INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!!

LMAO @ "Please QT dont fuck this up!"

Im trying not to examine this too much because I’ll start thinking too deeply about it. I really want to see this fresh without knowing every last detail. Im already tainted just by what Ive read today.

[quote=“Ify”]

1. It’s hilarious how QT still can’t spell “Inglorious Bastards” ;D
    [/quote]

don’t think so. you misspell someting once, if it’s throughout the script, it might be on purpose, or an inside joke just like “infected-a-peeeeeople”, you know?

the kill bill script btw (this is a total insider) had a funny typo in there btw, it said “Volkswagon” (talking about the Bride’s Karman Ghia) instead of “Volkswagen”. just on a sidenote…

Maybe the guys in The Basterds spell it that way too. They could be a bunch of illterate slobs. They sound like real outlaw types, almost like the cowboys you’d see in Leone films. They scalp Nazi’s like the commanches took Indian scalps in Navajo Joe!

[quote=“Sebastian”]
don’t think so. you misspell someting once, if it’s throughout the script, it might be on purpose, or an inside joke just like “infected-a-peeeeeople”, you know?

the kill bill script btw (this is a total insider) had a funny typo in there btw, it said “Volkswagon” (talking about the Bride’s Karman Ghia) instead of “Volkswagen”. just on a sidenote…
[/quote]

I hope he doesn’t spell it like that officially. “Inglourious Basterds” doesn’t look right at all. :-</E>

guys, how spoiling is this review? any scenes described? any details? I probably won’t read it.

OMG OMG OMG

i don’t care if character names are revealed, character traits are too much though.

Not very spoilerific, and I normally avoid stuff like this. Doesn’t reveal the ending, just give a bit of info about the characters and the chapters. Nothing you won’t get as we get close to the film being released just from the synopsis I imagine.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Nothing more than a synopsis, which I guess makes it okay to read. Still, I won’t read the entire scalp, uh… script.

<LINK_TEXT text=“Search - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ew-online/”>Second Inglorious Basterds script review online - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

not as geekarific but still great…

I love the way it sounds. Its also great that QT isnt playing politics. No way, QT doesnt do Platoon, he does it exploitation style. A band of crazies scalping Nazi’s!!! :slight_smile:

Seb: The Basterds sound like the indian killers from Navajo Joe! 8)

Im not reading the script. Just knowing the names of the chapters and the jist of the story is plenty for me.