Tarantino Unveils 'Inglorious Bastards' To 4 Major Hollywood Studios

From Deadlinehollywooddaily.com

[quote]EXCLUSIVE: Quentin Tarantino has just gone out with his long-anticipated script about World War II. But here’s the weird thing sources are telling me: not only is Laurence Bender attached to produce Inglorious Bastards, but there’s also “a possibility” that Harvey Weinstein will be producing as well but not financing it. This certainly adds fuel to those rumors that The Weinstein Co is having movie money woes. After all, one of the ways that The Weinstein Co attracted investors was by hyping its creative connection to the Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1 & 2 writer/director who has long made a lot of money for a lot of people. But now only Harv, and not his investors, could potentially profit from the connection? Unreal. And let’s not forget that The Weinsten Co produced and financed Quentin’s last pic Grindhouse/Death Proof that tanked at the box office because of Weinstein’s own admission that he erred in releasing it in the U.S. market as half of a too-long 3-hour, 12-minute double-feature.

This latest Tarantino epic, originally for Miramax and originally set for 2001, has been so long in the works that some people thought it might never see the light of day. Tarantino himself has described it as a Spaghetti Western meets World II film that’s an homage to the Dirty Dozen with a story about a group of soldiers on their way to be executed who get the chance of a reprieve. I hear it’s gone out to Universal, Warner Bros, Paramount (all yesterday) and Sony (today). As usual, there’s a lot of secrecy surrounding this Quentin project sent out by William Morris.[/quote]

Link: <LINK_TEXT text=“Q-&-A With PGA Prez Marshall Herskovitz – Deadline … -bastards/”>Quentin Tarantino Unveils 'Inglorious Bastards' To 4 Major Hollywood Studios; UPDATE: Director Asking Brad Pitt To Star – Deadline</LINK_TEXT>

So ol’ Bender may be back on board with us? 8)

Someone will pick it up thats for sure. Id love to see it released under some other studio label. I dont care about The Weinstein Co. A QT film from Universal or Paramount would be awesome.

Here’s my take on this whole think, enjoy reading:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Tabloids claim Tarantino plans Dracula movie - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -big-four/”>Tarantino takes Inglorious Bastards script to the big four - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

I’m an idiot, but I have to ask this question. What does “producing but not financing” even mean? I always thought the main role of a producer is shelling out money.

[quote=“Scarface”]
I’m an idiot, but I have to ask this question. What does “producing but not financing” even mean? I always thought the main role of a producer is shelling out money.
[/quote]

shelling out and making sure there’s money is not the same. as a producer, it doesn’t have to be your money. i’m not entirely sure about all the things a producer does, but not all producers are the financers of the movie.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://chud.com/articles/articles/15493 … Page1.html”>http://chud.com/articles/articles/15493/1/TARANTINOWATCH-INGLORIOUS-FINANCING/Page1.html</LINK_TEXT>

almost the view I’m taking, except I don’t think Q is signing up for a deal that won’t give him free reign.

Nice write-up Seb, I have similar feelings regarding Bender getting behind it!

AICN are hoping (boasting) for a script leak soon: UPDATED! Stop the Goddamn Strike! Tarantino's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS Is Out to Studios!

QTs baby has been sent out to be looked at! Its almost hard to believe the Inglorious bastards script is making the rounds in Hollywood. After all these years. Pretty amazing and exciting!

Now who will pick the film up and who will be cast as QTs war criminals on the lam?!

Note: Im pretty sure not all producers shell out money. I think some do, some are more for artistic support, they help with the non studio funding film duties.

who isn’t hoping? but Harry’s got a history of receiving the stuf from the man himself… unfair as it is. But Q knows how to get it to me. Say some prayers, folks

I was going to tell you to not review it. Im def not reading this script. I dont even want to see the first page. I also dont want to be spoiled on this one. I swore an oath I would not read 1 page of it. Cuz QTs scripts are like heroin. You read the title page and thats it, youre sucked into the QT universe! This will be the first QT film since Jackie Brown that I didnt read the script before I saw the movie.

Yeah, that happened to me with Kill Bill…kinda spoiled it for me, seeing as I enjoyed reading it more than seeing it.

I’ll not be able to conatin myself when this gets out though. I need to know if it’s the Big One!

like heroin? but Quentin’s scripts are also like a beautiful, naked sunbathing women with big breasts, you can’t look away, not to mention touching it…

Heroin, naked women, anything that tempts you and is highly addictive. I really dont think you want to spoil this for yourself. I think you should just cover the news and forget doing another script review. I guess its up to you. But Im def not reading it.

good one. I’ll think about it

Wow, pretty interesting news. Can’t believe he finally does have a finished script. The next few months are going to be fun ;D

I am jumping up and down right now.

- YouTube

chew on this. nice video

Yeah, nice vid. Somebody already posted that in another thread.

[quote=“Ify”]
Yeah, nice vid. Somebody already posted that in another thread.
[/quote]

my bad. but indeed nice video. lots of footage and a cool interview

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

There are different kind of producers. The main difference is between a regular producer and an executive producer. The executive one mainly gives his own money, or from the studio he’s with. A regular producer looks for money for your movie, looks for other executive producers, sponsors, find a distributor. That’s why the Weinstein won’t give their own money but will only help to release the movie and find sponsors. Does that sound clear ?

Tarantino not being able to make his vision come true 100% due to his slightly lowered market value since the Grindhouse debacle is my worst fear. Ever.

nobody, no producers, no studio bosses, not nobody, NOBODY can tell Quentin how to do things, or to change/add/cut something.