Why did landa do that?

why did landa put the dynamite under goebbels’ seat? ???

??? To blow him up…

Landa knew that Germany would lose the war, and he’d be put on trial for his war crimes, so to cover his own ass, he made sure that the Basterds’ plan worked. That’s why he negotiated with the OSS.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]??? To blow him up…

Landa knew that Germany would lose the war, and he’d be put on trial for his war crimes, so to cover his own ass, he made sure that the Basterds’ plan worked. That’s why he negotiated with the OSS.[/quote]

hmmm… after going through the effort of stopping some of the basterds and strangling bridgett, you’d think he was doing everything in his power to make sure germany won the war. seems odd that he would suddenly start helping the basterds.

Maybe because bridget was working for the british, and hans landa found it easier to deal with one government instead of two. Makes sense to me.

And I know it would make him a hypocritical character, but I kinda like the idea that although he would gladly see the nazis fall, he hates a traitor.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]

And I know it would make him a hypocritical character, but I kinda like the idea that although he would gladly see the nazis fall, he hates a traitor.[/quote]

Yeah, but Landa wasn’t German, he was Austrian. Maybe he had no qualms about betraying Germany, because he wasn’t loyal to them in the first place. He explained that he was a detective, and took pride in his work. So he enjoyed his work, not his duty to the Nazi regime.

Christoph Waltz probably stuck it inside Milla Jovovich >:(

oh, they’re making a movie together.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]

And I know it would make him a hypocritical character, but I kinda like the idea that although he would gladly see the nazis fall, he hates a traitor.[/quote]

Yeah, but Landa wasn’t German, he was Austrian. Maybe he had no qualms about betraying Germany, because he wasn’t loyal to them in the first place. He explained that he was a detective, and took pride in his work. So he enjoyed his work, not his duty to the Nazi regime.[/quote]

Like I said, the idea just appeals to me.

Yeah, I get you. Like Freud’s theory that the things you hate most in others are things you hate about yourself.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”] So he enjoyed his work, not his duty to the Nazi regime.[/quote]

Gotta love your work…