Col. Hans Landa knew about Shoshana Banana Dreyfus!

Col. Hans Landa was aware of an imminent scheme when he first heard about the Basterds in the battle fields. Remember he mentions to Aldo that he has interrogated all of the victims. Therefore he is aware of future scheming and there is a reason why he is in charge of security for the the premiere of “Nation’s Pride”. Surely he must have researched the original proprietor of the cinema, and must surely know that Shoshana is not the rightful owner. Go back to the moment when he tells her that he forgot what he was going to ask her, before the moment there is a tense beat in the scene, he literally reads her face, just like a poker player. And when she shows guilt or worry, he knows all about it. He might not know what type of scheme it will be, but we can surely surmise that he anticipates such things. Or something like that…

He knew all about it.

Yeah, we’ve discussed this particular point somewhere else here. He knew who she was. He ordered her a glass of milk, and made her wait for the creme, which is considered not kosher by Jewish people. He knew that if the Basterds didn’t succeed on this particular night, that she would. And if she didn’t, the Basterds would eventually succeed, and he wanted a get out of jail free card to play, so he allowed them to go.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Yeah, we’ve discussed this particular point somewhere else here. He knew who she was. He ordered her a glass of milk, and made her wait for the creme, which is considered not kosher by Jewish people. He knew that if the Basterds didn’t succeed on this particular night, that she would. And if she didn’t, the Basterds would eventually succeed, and he wanted a get out of jail free card to play, so he allowed them to go.[/quote]

As good as his investigative skills were, I doubt he knew anything about Shosanna’s plan to burn down the cinema. It did seem to me as though he knew who she really was, but only being of consequence with regards to being an enemy of the state.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Yeah, we’ve discussed this particular point somewhere else here. He knew who she was. He ordered her a glass of milk, and made her wait for the creme, which is considered not kosher by Jewish people. He knew that if the Basterds didn’t succeed on this particular night, that she would. And if she didn’t, the Basterds would eventually succeed, and he wanted a get out of jail free card to play, so he allowed them to go.[/quote]

I think that was established on the above post, Geoi.

Did she say Sable or Gable?

A really nice idea. I appreciate it much

Landa Bazaar