• Best Director
  • Best Supporting Actor
  • Best original Screenplay
  • Best Costume Design
  • Best Cinematography

It will take home:

• Best Original Screenplay
  • Best Supporting Actor
  • Best Director (This is the year folks)

Nomination will be announced tomorrow by Anne Hathaway!

No, Kathryn Bigelow will get Best Director.

I hope you’re right, Joshua. I hope he gets best director and best original screenplay. The Best Supporting actor is pretty much in the bag as far as I can tell. I’ve been wrong before though.

Christoph Waltz is pretty much sure. Best director is almost impossible and Best screenplay, he might have chances but I doubt it, it’d be a surprise if he wins it in the end.

Inglourious Basterds:

Actor in a Supporting Role

Cinematography

Directing

Film Editing

Best Picture

Sound Editing

Sound Mixing

Writing (Original Screenplay)

Gonna win Screenplay and Actor in a Supporting Role. Not directing, nor best picture.

Best picture: Up In The Air

Directing: Avatar

Cinematography: Avatar

Sound editing/mixing, Film editing: I have no idea.

No you see, it’s gonna get something big.

Hurt Locker is an original screenplay?!

Shit, I thought it was a film adaptation! :o

----------------------------------------------------

• Best supporting man

• best screenplay or director

-------------------------------

It’s a tough competition: Up In The Air, The Hurt Locker being the heavyweights in this fight, but Basterds is stronger and faster so there will be some knockouts here and there…

Did you see Anne Hathaway in that white outfit, she gave me a boner so early in the morning. :wink:

1. Best Director: Inglourious Basterds

• IT has a fantastic ensemble cast, everyone is so good, and the audiences responded so well, even WW II veterans who I’m sure were sick if the whole “Holy Hero” image that has been pigeonholed on them, I’m sure some of them really wanted to fuck up some Nazis to show them who’s boss! I purposely sat next to a WWII veteran who was wearing his hat thing on my fourth view, and the guy laughed when The Bear Jew smashed the Nazi’s head in! This is a film for the people, and there’s always a price to heroism. No one comes clean in the end, because this nation was built on blood that shed in the battle fields, and we don’t always play nice.

• Avatar doesn’t hold up without the 3D gimmick, it got some Golden Globes but it sure as hell won’t get any Oscars.

1. Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds

*Since 2004 I ain’t ever been wrong about the winners, and it’s just a greatly written epic, hey and it has a new form as well, in terms of how films are structured, this form of structure is hard to master.

2. Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz [a most emphatic: duh]

3. Best Cinematography -

The various thematic styles of every chapter are well done because they all fit into the whole very well, it doesn’t draw attention to itself and after you see the film you think the cinematography was done by a Greg Toland, it is just magnificent.

It’s gonna be Quentin’s night

hey, 2 wins out of those 4 and I’m happy.

I very much doubt he’ll get best director (although he would probably deserve it, haven’t seen The Hurt Locker yet)

And best screenplay too? The only award that is almost a sure win is the one for Waltz, best supporting actor.

There is a good chanche it will only win that one, or maybe another minor one in addition.

I think best supporting actor and best original screenplay are the only awards IB will be getting.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I think best supporting actor and best original screenplay are the only awards IB will be getting.[/quote]

That is what will happen. I just hope Hurt Locker beats out Avatar for best pic, it’s the only film that has any type of buzz to overthrow that piece of crap.

[quote=“G”]
That is what will happen. I just hope Hurt Locker beats out Avatar for best pic, it’s the only film that has any type of buzz to overthrow that piece of crap.[/quote]
Im not sure if I would want The Hurt Locker to get best picture instead of Avatar. The Hurt Locker wasnt good, it had no story and was very boring. But I havent seen Avatar and im not planning to so im not sure.

I’m going to make some melted nacho cheese, and I’m gonna make some red kool-aid. Anyone is welcome to come, just bring your own chips - oh and a digital box converter, I smashed mine up to build my time machine. I’m going back in time to meet Bette Davis.

Go Basterds!

Woow!

I personally like purple kool-aid. But red will do. I’ll bring the FUNYUNS !!!

Lt Bio, could you stop please opening a new thread everytime you feel so ? I’ve been merging already three threads in this one. Just concentrate the infos on the same thread. Like you opened a new dreams thread, I had to merge it to the old one.

I always wondered what Kool Aid, Nacho Cheese and many of those other stuff Americans have on their massive food and semi-food market, tastes like.

I also always wanted to know what Cap’n Crunch tastes like btw…

i guess I’ll have to go with pistacios come Oscar nite.

Kool Aid, Nachos, and Cap’n Crunch is fucking awesome dude. How can you live without any of those? ;D

don’t make me cry now! >:(

I am very emotionally unstable when it comes to food!

But I will go on a mission, I will try import shops in Vienna that might be able to get that stuff.

Oh and we finally got Oreos about 3 or so years ago. Meh…they’re OK. I’ve had better.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]don’t make me cry now! >:(

I am very emotionally unstable when it comes to food!

But I will go on a mission, I will try import shops in Vienna that might be able to get that stuff.

Oh and we finally got Oreos about 3 or so years ago. Meh…they’re OK. I’ve had better.[/quote]

Yeah Oreos is just okay. Cap’n Crunch is the best cereal and Lucky Charms is 2nd.