Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right

When I sat down to watch the Golden Globes I expected everything but James Cameron cleaning up. What the fuck happened?! Avatar was fun but really, the blue fucking monkeys?!

It is RIGGED. Fucking George Lucas sat up front for no fucking reason.

What’s funny is when the show kept going to break, the announcer was saying, “Hey Avatar fans, stay tuned to see if it wins”. I was like WTF? Popularity contest. Oh well, it’s just the Globes.

The Hurt Locker will win best pic and director at Oscars, like it did for Critics Choice a couple days ago. Waltz is a lock.

I liked the fact the Weinstein’s Nine lost to Hangover. Should of went with Inglourious Basterds as your baby Weinsteins. ;D

I expected Avatar to clean up anyway. Atleast Christoph Waltz got best supporting actor.

Avatar is still very fresh in people’s minds, it just came out. Basterds was too long ago. That’s why they call it the “award season”. and that’s a big reason why those handful of morons who decide who gets to win choose the big superflashy soulless Avatar over real quality.

THE FUCKING SHOW IS RIGGED!!! They were trying to get people to watch the Oscars. IT WILL NOT WIN THE OSCARS. Hurt Locker will. It was trying to pull dumb people to watch the Oscars.

The announcer kept saying shit about Avatar throughout the show, like that many Avatar fans was watching. I never seen the movie, nor do want to because it is trying to kill everything we know about movies.

CK, it is killing your cool Burt Reynolds, Chuck Norris action films and replacing it with CGI.

It is killing the art of films as well and replacing it with this shit as “art”. James Cameron for best director? Yeah if he includes the 100s of people who actually made that movie with computers too.

James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.

I guess there are exceptions to the awards season rule (Departed) but this is flabbergasting. How can a movie not even acknowledged for it’s screenplay win an award for best picture? Director I sort of understand, it is a beautifully shot flick, it has a clear vision, but picture? It has to be the most poorly written of the better films I’ve seen this year. Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, even Up In the Air which I wasn’t too fond of, are all better overall flicks.

Well, at least we have the Oscars now.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.[/quote]

I wouldn’t use overrated, more like assholes.

[quote=“G”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.[/quote]

I wouldn’t use overrated, more like assholes.[/quote]

Perfect! Anyone that helps the visionary films of Michael Bay on to the big screen is an asshole.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“G”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.[/quote]

I wouldn’t use overrated, more like assholes.[/quote]

Perfect! Anyone that helps the visionary films of Michael Bay on to the big screen is an asshole.[/quote]

Those listed are the guys that has and will turn film into digital and stunts into CGI. The "fans" (brainwashers) that need people to hold their hand to tell them what is good or not is helping this action take place. QT and Jason Reitman need to kick James Cameron's ass at the Oscars. Did you see them kind of mad when he was announced? I don't think it's because they lost, I think it's because Avatar won.

[quote=“G”]
Those listed are the guys that has and will turn film into digital and stunts into CGI. The “fans” (brainwashers) that need people to hold their hand to tell them what is good or not is helping this action take place. QT and Jason Reitman need to kick James Cameron’s ass at the Oscars. Did you see them kind of mad when he was announced? I don’t think it’s because they lost, I think it’s because Avatar won.[/quote]

It looked more to me that Reitman was really happy to just be there. Quentin’s face, was a thin veil of false modesty. Understandably so I’d imagine. The end of cinema as we know it will be heralded in by the filmmakers we have awarded.

I wonder if in ten or twenty years Avatar will be remembered as anything more than the second highest grossing film of all time? I’d like to believe not. That makes me feel a little better. Just a little.

QT should scalp that guy.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]QT should scalp that guy.[/quote]

And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D

[quote=“G”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]QT should scalp that guy.[/quote]

And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D[/quote]

Hey man, it was a fun fucking flick. You really can’t deny that. Big battles, story, world, and all that other jazz. But that’s where it fucking ends, a fun movie. If you saw it I think you might like it. I’d imagine now you’re never gonna see it.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“G”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]QT should scalp that guy.[/quote]

And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D[/quote]

Hey man, it was a fun fucking flick. You really can’t deny that. Big battles, story, world, and all that other jazz. But that’s where it fucking ends, a fun movie. If you saw it I think you might like it. I’d imagine now you’re never gonna see it.[/quote]

You will have to pay me to watch it now. ;D

I would rather get my testicles ripped off than watch Avatar.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I would rather get my testicles ripped off than watch Avatar.[/quote]
It’s funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.

[quote=“G”]
It’s funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.[/quote]
Who says I was disliked? :smiley: Nah I dunno im just really pissed off that Avatar got all these fucking awards.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“G”]
It’s funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.[/quote]
Who says I was disliked? :smiley: Nah I dunno im just really pissed off that Avatar got all these fucking awards.[/quote]

I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can’t take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not “underground enough” or “too popular”, then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.

[quote=“G”]
I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can’t take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not “underground enough” or “too popular”, then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.[/quote]
Oh yea people should just be accepted for what they like. So what if the Doors were “too popular” thats no excuse to not like their music. If you think the Beates are overrated then thats your opinion but you shouldnt be disliked or hated for it.